Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: Where In The Resort Can The Maliboomer Be Moved and Rethemed?

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    Ive said it a million times, a nice little lush green area with a carousel centered in it would be perfect. Quaint benches would wait in tree shade for guests around the perimeter of the courtyard, nestled in the shrubberies for families ready to take five minutes break from the hot California sun. The sounds of a carousel band organ reminiscent of the joys a simpler time play triumphantly for the crowd as the beautiful carousel invites onto the pier all whose eyes are caught by its shimmering gold accents.

At night, the calm of the day is cast aside for the excitement and glow of the night. The lush vegetation is now covered with shimmering white lights which add a shimmering fancy to the area. More lights are strung overhead from the glowing blue supports of the thrilling California Screamin', providing the only barrier between you and a sky of a million stars. More so now at night the carousel takes the main stage as all of its accents glisten in the light, and its music floats across the pier and water so that all within earshot know that they are welcome here at Tinkershmidt Paradise Pier.
    so you would move the carousel?
    what would you put in the old carousal area? Benches?
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• "I Break Things"

If the option was to keep it as an attraction then I would likely recommend the clock tower concept. If it was to be a show piece then possibly a lighthouse. If the requirement was to tear it out and replace it with something then I would likely say bumper cars. That is the one thing sorely missing for the pier that would greatly add to the feeling of being on a boardwalk.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    If the option was to keep it as an attraction then I would likely recommend the clock tower concept. If it was to be a show piece then possibly a lighthouse. If the requirement was to tear it out and replace it with something then I would likely say bumper cars. That is the one thing sorely missing for the pier that would greatly add to the feeling of being on a boardwalk.
    Yeah, but don't we already have those in bugs land? 2 of the same attraction seems a little weird.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
    Yeah, but don't we already have those in bugs land? 2 of the same attraction seems a little weird.
    but can adult ride the bumper cars in bugs land?
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Can see my car from here

Sheesh, just make it a cell phone tower. I get awfully spotty reception all over the park.

Or re-theme it to the "The Great Balloon Boy Adventure." Add about 20 plywood boxes around the base of the tower, where guests would enter and crouch down on a bed of hay. Once everyone is inside, a large JiffyPop weather balloon rises up and down the pole, but all the boxes remain on the ground. After 2 minutes, the JiffyPop top deflates, and a Cast member opens your box and directs you to the nearest exit. You can also get a souvenir picture of yourself next to the SuperStar Limo cutout of Regis Philbin.
    Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mikerscope View Post
    Sheesh, just make it a cell phone tower. I get awfully spotty reception all over the park.
    Well considering George is in charge now that might be a possibility... after all... It's the Network!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Pongo is my hero.

I love the lighthouse idea!

It could add another park icon to the jumbled mess of icons DCA has to choose from...

is it Cathay? is it Grizzly? is it the sun? is it the bridge? is it the ferris wheel?

one hundred and one

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mikerscope View Post

Or re-theme it to the "The Great Balloon Boy Adventure." Add about 20 plywood boxes around the base of the tower, where guests would enter and crouch down on a bed of hay. Once everyone is inside, a large JiffyPop weather balloon rises up and down the pole, but all the boxes remain on the ground. After 2 minutes, the JiffyPop top deflates, and a Cast member opens your box and directs you to the nearest exit. You can also get a souvenir picture of yourself next to the SuperStar Limo cutout of Regis Philbin.
    Please no. I wish there would be no signal at all. Everybody is too busy texting and talking DURING RIDES!!!! And all the bright white screens in things like the Haunted Mansion and Pirate's drive me insane! Why bother going to Disneyland if your head is buried in your social life the whole time? Seriously what could they be talking about that is THAT IMPORTANT? Shesh.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
    I love the lighthouse idea!

It could add another park icon to the jumbled mess of icons DCA has to choose from...

is it Cathay? is it Grizzly? is it the sun? is it the bridge? is it the ferris wheel?
    As long as it matches the little lighthouse speakers in the bay - and serves no purpose but to shut out high altitude views of the resort, sounds like a winner

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    so you would move the carousel?
    what would you put in the old carousal area? Benches?
    Sure. Its ugly at present and it makes the pier feel closed off and cluttered.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345