Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

• Minion

Re: The Little Bridge into Carnation Plaza Gardens

Quote Originally Posted by timbabbcomedian View Post
    As I passed over the bridge, I never once got the thought, "Man, this bridge would totally spawn an 8 page venom filled debate."
    Ha ha! You funny. Then you didn't spot the hidden Mickey.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Forget the bridge to Plaza Gardens. How about improving the use of another of the park's vastly under-utilized venues, the Plaza Gardens, itself?

As Bob Weaver mentioned, it used to be such an historic place. Can't they use the place for a few music shows during the day. and one night of so-called swing music, of very inconsistent quality, on Saturday night?
    Some of the swing bands that play there are quite good. Stompy Jones from San Diego is one of my favorite bands and they play there about once a month.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Ha ha! You funny. Then you didn't spot the hidden Mickey.
    Where is it? Show me, show me!
    Yaye!

• Minion

I was kidding, there's no hidden Mickey that I know of, that's the last thing this thread needs.

Future Micechat meetups and gatherings are going to have to make that the official gathering spot. "The Bridge that Ate Micechat."

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Some of the swing bands that play there are quite good. Stompy Jones from San Diego is one of my favorite bands and they play there about once a month.
    I've heard Stompy Jones. He's okay, but not exactly in the same league as the Glenn Miller Orchestra or Count Basie. My point being that while it's debatable if the bridge to Plaza Gardens is a sign of some Disneyland decline, there's no question that the comparison of usage of the venue itself is, and big time, from years past. And it's very sad to me.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• is too darn hot.

Stompy Jones isn't a man, it's a band. They don't play in the Glenn Miller (whitest band in the world) style, but in the 1950s Louis Jordan jump blues style, and they are masters of that style. Though I will admit their current singer isn't as good as their former one, Pops.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Making my own Mousekteers

Quote Originally Posted by timbabbcomedian View Post
    I'm not mocking the folks who disagree simply for their opinion...I specifically called out the venom in this thread. People are ANGRY that people would dare say the bridge looks fine or even better.

I'm sorry that I don't agree in this instance, because I generally agree it's the little details that take Disneyland to the next level. I just don't see this as a backwards move...I'd say this was a lateral move at worst and maybe even a step up.
    Duly noted. It is very irritating to people who are passionate about the details to have people blithely expressing un-supported opinions and wondering at those of us who have more informed ones. If it's your opinion that this new bridge is pretty, fine. But if you can't analyze it and parse it down to the details don't argue with people who do know things about design aesthetic, materials, and period appropriateness. There are elements to design that can be measured and judged. It's not all feelings and opinions.

So, those of us who are a little more emotionally involved in the details should probably take deep breaths and count to 20 before responding.

I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789