• Mousekateer!

Going to Disneyland! Dec 17th!

Hello All, I'm Cesilie, new here to the forums I was hoping to find out some info about the wonderful holidays at disneyland....

This will be my first time going without my family, just me and my man are going and we want to do things as cheap as possible (we're poor college students ya know... lol) but still have tons of fun!

We were going to go on thanksgiving for out ani but some things came up so we are now thinking about going on dec 17th for a day trip. We already have where we are staying taken care of but I had a few questions:

We've seen lots of these buy the tickets, pickup and return deals on ebay and was wondering if those were safe? if so, anyone know of a good person to buy them from? If this is not a good route to go, is it even worth getting a hopper pass for each of us?

Whats going to be closed and should we expect a HUGE crowd? We figured the week before school was let out would be less crowded (hopefully) than going the next week or new years. whats new in the parks for the holidays and are there any special deals floating around? And is there also a place I could find a list of all the new characters walking about the park?

And one final question... for halloween we dressed up as our own version of mary poppins and bert... do you think we would get away with wearing these outfits to the park?

We have heard mixed things on the issue so I thought I might ask the disney pros

Thanks for all your help!

• Hukuna Matata!

Re: Going to Disneyland! Dec 17th!

With all of the ticket scams going around I wouldnt suggest buying anywhere but from Disney. Disneyland.com has all of the closed attraction info and CityHall on downtown mainstreet can gladly give you a list of characture meet and greets, and I think the days of the park being slow are here and gone, ''Other than mornings and certain weekdays. I always suggest just relaxing and taking it all in, If your goal is to ride alot of rides then try Ridemax, bring warm clothing for the nighttime, and Definitly bring in some snacks. And for the costumes, you guys look really cool, I dont think that disney would have a problem with the getups but I would definitly look into it. Have a great trip.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Cesilie View Post

We have heard mixed things on the issue so I thought I might ask the disney pros !
    As cute as you guys look
    Disney will not allow 9 years and older to dress up in costume.
    They usually frown on you dressing up like their characters due to someone mistaking you as real character. Best thing you can do is call Disney
    The operator number is: 714-781-4000

Disney rules (from website...link below):
    Disneyland Park and Disney's California Adventure Park | Theme Park Frequently Asked Questions

Can I wear a costume into the theme parks? Back to Top

General Guidelines
    Only Guests ages 9 and under may wear costumes into the Theme Parks of the Disneyland Resort. Costumes should be child friendly, meaning they must be non-obstructive, non-offensive and nonviolent. The following are not permitted:
    • Masks or makeup that might be construed as a mask
    • Weapons or accessories that resemble an actual weapon
    • Costumes that drag on the ground
    • Sharp or pointed objects that may accidentally strike another Guest

What items are not permitted within Disneyland Park, Disney's California Adventure Park or the Downtown Disney District? Back to Top

Items not permitted include, but are not limited to:
    • Pets (Service Animals are permitted and must be wearing an identifying assistive-companion vest; pets may be kept at the on-site kennel)
    • Wagons, skateboards, scooters (motorized and nonmotorized), inline skates, shoes with built-in wheels, bicycles, motorcycles, tricycles, unicycles, pogo sticks, two-wheeled vehicles, including bicycles and Segway™ Human Transporters
    • Strollers larger than 36" x 52" (which mirrors the rental stroller sizes)
    • Suitcases, backpacks or similar bags with wheels
    • Suitcases, backpacks or similar bags larger than 18"w x 25"h x 37"d (which mirrors the large locker sizes). Lockers are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
    • Any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV, wheelchair or stroller
      • Note: Guests are not permitted to pull items behind them. Any item that requires a Guest to pull it behind him, including a stroller, is not permitted into the Theme Parks.

• Coolers larger than six-pack sized are not permitted into the theme parks.
      • Note: Guest can store coolers up to 18"w x 25"h x 37"d in picnic lockers located outside the Disneyland Park Main Entrance. Lockers are not refrigerated and availability is limited. Guests who need to refrigerate medication may do so at First Aid.
      • Exceptions may be made for special dietary or religious needs.

• Alcoholic beverages and any illegal substances
    • Folding chairs, with the exception of cane-chair and seat-walker mobility aids
    • Glass containers, with the exception of baby food containers, medicine or small perfume bottles (under 4 oz)
    • Costumes on Guests older than age 9 (except during special events that permit children up to age 12 to wear costumes)
    • Water pistols, toy guns and replica weapons, with the exception of those sold in the Disneyland Resort
    • Sporting goods or equipment (e.g., baseball bats, helmets, hockey sticks, golf clubs, bows and arrows, camping equipment, chairs, stools, tables, Frisbees)
    • Weapons of any kind (including guns; knives; billy clubs; brass knuckles; and nunchucks, stars and other martial arts equipment)
    • Self-defense equipment (pepper spray, mace, stun guns)
    • Restraining devices (e.g., handcuffs, zip ties) or any suspicious items (e.g., box cutters, razor blades, duct tape, wire)
    • Items that may be disruptive (e.g. laser pointer, slingshot, stink bomb, air horns)
    • Cremated remains (e.g., urn, vase, box)
    • Miscellaneous other items (tools, fire extinguishers, musical instruments, megaphones, pots and pans)
    • Professional cameras and recording equipment. (Reporters must make prior arrangements with Disneyland Resort Media Relations.) Folding tripod stands that can fit inside a standard backpack are permitted.

This information is subject to change without notice.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

since the OP is talking about Dec. 17 at the park
    anyone know if dec 15 to dec 18 is a busy time.
    We've done the week before and it's been great.
    Airline tickets are much cheaper this week.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz