Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Fantasmic! Fanatic

Re: Whats the most you would pay for your AP?

I don't want to pay much more than what the price is right now for the premium. Look at WDW their annual passes are 400 for their "deluxe pass" and 500 for the premium. They get 4 parks and the premium gets you in all the water parks too. The way start solve the crowded park issue is to end all passes below deluxe and go from there. Keeping all passes but continuing to rise prices is NOT the answer to this problem.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tikicub View Post
    It depends how many times I was preparing to go in a yearly period. If I were planning more than 3 trips to Disneyland in a 12-month period, I'd pay up to $400-$500.

With all the discussion here about those who would like to see the death of the AP program and those who are "OMG APs BFF" I'd like to suggest a different product altogether:

If the AP program were to disappear, what I'd like to see in its place would be a "Disney Frequent Visitor" program. For a yearly membership fee of $200.00 or $300.00, the guest would be able to visit on any day of the year.

Each entry into the park(s), however, would require a $20.00 ticket.

In this way, Disneyland becomes less "trivial", since everyone must pay something to enter. This stops the, "oh hey, I'm bored, let's go make the park crowded and all drive separate cars!" behavior (see, for example, Friday nights...) that SoCal residents seem to be embracing.

• For Disney, it's win-win; they get a large up-front payment, and continuing payments from repeat visitors.

• For actual out-of-towners (tourists), they get a park that's not been turned into a mall for spoiled obnoxious Californians.

• For the old Passholder crowd, they still get a discount if they go regularly.
    If the AP program is ended (as it really needs to be...), I'd love to see them do something like this instead.
    I do not re-pectful ageed with your plain!

If they did away with this payment plan nonsense,
    and get RID
    the 2 lowest AP for So. Calif...
    And keep only AP Premium and the deluxe pass!

with up front money! This would lower the crowd!

As for Disney, it's win-win?
    that because we already PAID-PAID!
    each year price keep going up! ! !
    Disney is greedy , greedy ! ! ! !

Your concept to deal with the over -crowd
    was good try ...
    But your Ideal is just bad.....and to mush!
    sound like a Air - line ,
    we talking about THEME PARKS!
    This is my OPINON
    Last edited by Eagleman; 11-29-2009 at 02:35 PM.
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Shag lover

kwev
    Last edited by tikicub; 11-27-2009 at 10:03 PM.
    Coming on a whirlwind trip 12/4 and 12/5 just to see the holiday decorations. Hope the park isn't too full of spoiled mall-goers to enjoy!

• Minion

idk but DLR should have half a year pass for $200
    and 2year passes $1000.
    and a lifetime pass for the rest of your life $3000.

• Banned User

I'm not sure if I can go with Tikiclub idea either, only because you are paying hundreds of dollars up front without a single entry into the park for it. That is a lot to chew on. I like the concept, but I doubt many people will go for that idea. Lets alter it a bit. MAYBE lets say you start this frequent plan with 5 free entries of the year, then AFTER that you pay $20 for every visit, I can see that happening .

That way, you pay your $300, get in 5 trips with that and with a ticket at $72, you basically pay for your 4 trips to cover the price of the plan and one FREE visit with your ticket. Then AFTER that you pay $20 per trip from that point on I think that will go over a little better and it will still cut down on crowds because most would probably stop going after their 5 visits and/or go a lot more sporidically throughout the year.

Sounds fair?

• Banned User

Also, as cheap as people think the SoCal passes are and yes, they ARE, you still have to remember two things:

A. DL is still located in a very competitive theme park market, so they have to make SOME concessions to keep the locals coming.

B. The SoCal passes are still waaaay higher than other theme park SoCal passes and Disney knows this. When you got Universal with its 'buy one day and rest of the year free' or KBF that has YEARLY passes with no blockout dates for like $80, they have to find a way to get these people to pay for their passes. The serious fans with the cash will fork out for the higher passes, but the SoCal passes started from the realization most locals werent buying the other passes and probably going to the cheaper theme parks, so this was the middle ground.

I know people dont like it, but there it is!

• Animatronic

I never know when I'll be able to get by the park, or if when I get there, it'll be beyond crowded. The result is that I don't get much value out of my AP. I paid $300 for a premium this year (after renewal discount, pre-price increase, and birthday card discount). That's pretty much my upper limit at the moment. Perhaps when DCA improves and Disneyland has had a few more improvement projects I'd go higher. Otherwise I'll be happy going once a year for Batsday.

The $99 AP in the 80's was an awesome deal. Especially considering all the big names I saw playing Videopolis from Buster Poindexter to Roy Orbison.
    it's a sale of candy and a sale of plush, it's a sale of toys and disney stuff
    there's so much that we sell, that it's time we tell, it's a plush plush sale!

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    idk but DLR should have half a year pass for $200
    and 2year passes $1000.
    and a lifetime pass for the rest of your life $3000.

disneyland would never sell a lifetime pass . I think Sea world is the only theme park company that does it on a 2yr plan period. I dont disagree with a half year plan but I think that is pretty much close to what a so cal select pass is already...
    I personally would pay up to 700 for premium annual pass I think the need to eliminate the so cal select and so cal pass altogether and just have deluxe and premium. while disneyland is in a competitive market they also have more people they can market to than floriday when they are 3 million in LA alone and 7 million in the greater la area.. plus out of state and international travel raising prices they would have no problem finding people to attend the parks

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Also, as cheap as people think the SoCal passes are and yes, they ARE, you still have to remember two things:

A. DL is still located in a very competitive theme park market, so they have to make SOME concessions to keep the locals coming.

B. The SoCal passes are still waaaay higher than other theme park SoCal passes and Disney knows this. When you got Universal with its 'buy one day and rest of the year free' or KBF that has YEARLY passes with no blockout dates for like $80, they have to find a way to get these people to pay for their passes. The serious fans with the cash will fork out for the higher passes, but the SoCal passes started from the realization most locals werent buying the other passes and probably going to the cheaper theme parks, so this was the middle ground.

I know people dont like it, but there it is!
    Universal is clearly is not a huge threat in LA as it is in florida, its only 1 park, its honestly a half day park in my opinion. It brings under half of what disneyland brings in a year with all those discounts...

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by tikicub View Post
    For actual out-of-towners (tourists), they get a park that's not been turned into a mall for spoiled obnoxious Californians.
    That's not really fair. not everyone is spoiled and obnoxious...but I am.

• Shag lover

I'm not sure if I can go with Tikiclub idea either, only because you are paying hundreds of dollars up front without a single entry into the park for it. That is a lot to chew on. I like the concept, but I doubt many people will go for that idea. Lets alter it a bit. MAYBE lets say you start this frequent plan with 5 free entries of the year, then AFTER that you pay $20 for every visit, I can see that happening .

That way, you pay your $300, get in 5 trips with that and with a ticket at $72, you basically pay for your 4 trips to cover the price of the plan and one FREE visit with your ticket. Then AFTER that you pay $20 per trip from that point on I think that will go over a little better and it will still cut down on crowds because most would probably stop going after their 5 visits and/or go a lot more sporidically throughout the year.

Sounds fair?
    That is actually an excellent addendum to my original post! :-)
    Coming on a whirlwind trip 12/4 and 12/5 just to see the holiday decorations. Hope the park isn't too full of spoiled mall-goers to enjoy!

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Sounds fair?
    This Ideal is somethings worth thinking about:
    except still get RID of any monthly payment plains.....
    must be up-front money!!!
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    Disney is greedy , greedy ! ! ! !
    Enough with this sentiment over and over and over again. They are a business plain & simple. Don't renew your AP and quit feeding into their "greed" if this statement has to be repeated on a daily basis.

As for me I'm thinking anything over $500 for a premium AP will be my breaking point.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Enough with this sentiment over and over and over again. They are a business plain & simple. Don't renew your AP and quit feeding into their "greed" if this statement has to be repeated on a daily basis.

As for me I'm thinking anything over $500 for a premium AP will be my breaking point.
    I share my OPINON , daily basis ,If I want !
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    I share my OPINON , daily basis ,If I want !
    I've noticed. Putting "Disneyland is greedy" in your sigline would save a lot of typing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast