Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BLAB idea

• Minion

BLAB idea

This idea is to unify the idea of BLAB into the futuristic theme of Tomorrowland.

The exterior would receive minor changes, just a blue, white, and chrome color scheme. There would be sign advertising that it is a "Toy Store of the Future". There would also be a large window added with a display in it to complete the theme of a store.

The line would receive a major overhaul. Futuristic toys would line shelves, you would walk by holographic registers, and maybe a few nostalgic toys here and there. Posters would be around the line advertising that you can now shrink down to the size of a toy and play along side your favorite toys. A few large posters around the queue would explain how to play, but they aren't nearly as big or ugly as the current wall size instructions. You would then walk into a large "machine" with flashing lights. When you emerge on the other side of the "machine", there would be a few large props that make you feel like you shrunk. You then board your car.

The ride is virtually unchanged, just replacing a lot of the cardboard props with 3-D figures. Also, when you shoot some of the targets, there will be more interactive elements like water shooting at you or lights flashing in the car.

The exit queue would have another "machine". On the ride side of it, there would be more large props, and on the store side of it, you would be regular size. The Little Green Man store would be rethemed, consisting of the blue, white, and chrome color scheme, but will still utilize the recycled attraction vehicles. The store would mirror the queue in terms of looks, but you can actually purchase the items on the shelves.

It is mostly a queue and cosmetic change, but I think this idea would work because it ties the very unfuturistic ride with the land of Tomorrow.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: BLAB idea

Well done, I like it!
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Tech in Training

That would definitely be better than what's there now, but it does sort of remind me of the premise of Midway Mania, but I think that they're different enough that it would work pretty well.

• We Go On.

Someone else had the idea of a toy store that I didn't like too much, but I find this idea with its Tomorrowlandiness perfect.

• Minion

Thanks for the encouraging replies!! I love to think of new ways to spruce up exixting attractions!

• Choir nerd

That's a great idea! It really does sort of bring back the old pre-PIXAR philosophy of Tomorrowland.

• Future Skipper

Random, but the fact that it's called "Toy Store of the Future" makes me think that in the queue they should have a nod to House of the Future by having a House of the Future dollhouse.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    Random, but the fact that it's called "Toy Store of the Future" makes me think that in the queue they should have a nod to House of the Future by having a House of the Future dollhouse.
    Absolutely!! This would be one of the nostalgic items that I said would be in the queue. So many other toys could line the shelves like the Carousel of Progress family as action figures, model Starspeeders, and little Space Mountains. The possibilities are endless when it comes to nostalgic toys. The shelves would be packed with toys, both old and modern. But it would still have the crowded, cramped feel of an olden day toy store.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

This is one of those little plusses that would restore a bit of faith in us that think the Tomorrowland theme has been all but forgotten.

• Lego Peoplemover Priit

Cool Re: BLAB idea

I agree with your ideas. Tomorrowland seems bland and stale ever since they stopped being tomorrowish, if that even is a word.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    That would be awesome! Haha!

• Minion

first of all. It should be renamed to Today Land since this land is nothing tomorrow-ish.
    I find it funny that the guns fall right off when you put them on during the end of the ride. lol

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    first of all. It should be renamed to Today Land since this land is nothing tomorrow-ish.
    I find it funny that the guns fall right off when you put them on during the end of the ride. lol
    Well I'm hoping that if most rides start to be remolded in the same type of theme as this, it wouldn't have to be called Todayland.

• Banned User

Great idea! This would work A LOT better than what's there now. It'll (like everyone has already said) give Tomorrowland that future feel it is so dearly lacking right now. I love the nostalgic nod to the previous attractions....and I find it funny no one has mentioned *cough cough* ROCKET RODS.
    The ride could be changed to have a different storyline...something like "You get stuck in the toystore, and the toys come alive, and you are immersed within a battle between all the toys..." But that's like Indian and the Cupboard/Night at the Museum....soooooo let's leave the ride as is, with the minor details you mentioned.

• Ice melts fast in AZ

I like it. The shrinking thing brings in a little journey through inner space feel and definatley would be an inexpensive fix to a thematically challenged ride.
    I am ashamed of what I've done for a Klondike Bar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast