I need Some Haunted Mansion Pics! :)

I'm starting a 3D modeling project for The Haunted Mansion. I have some decent photos but I was wondering if anybody had any of it from the back and any other "rare" like areas like inside, on the ride and close up to area that are difficult to get to. I can't model something without pics lol. Any would be great.

• Banned User

re: I need Some Haunted Mansion Pics! :)

Have you tried PMming DataMeister?

• Future theatre actress <3

Where the crypt doors creak and the tombstones quake

would video help?
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

I have some shots of the outside, north side, of HM when Splash Mountain was under construction. Might be helpful.

Outside of HM

p.s. I wish people would think of more descriptive titles for their threads. "I need some" is meaningless and actually can be taken the wrong way.

• Minion

I'm pretty sure the building on the right is the HM. Obviously, the left is Splash Mountain.

• =)

Mojave's pics are indeed a great resource - they helped me out a lot while I was working on my models of both HM and Splash Mountain. It's also good to very thoroughly search all the usual resources...Google, Flickr (most of the results for "Haunted Mansion backstage" are mine), doombuggies.com, Youtube, Bing Maps, etc., of course. Asking is great, too, but I think you'll usually get better results if make more specific requests.

Now, you did do that for the back of the house, but unfortunately, photos of the back of the facade are rather rare. As you probably know, there's a large berm right behind the house, which obscures the view from all angles (with help from all the trees and foliage planted on it). To the best of my knowledge, however, the back of the house is quite plain, with only two windows, both on the third floor. The second floor is totally plain clapboard with no verandas, and the ground floor has a long, shedlike protuberance that contains a stairwell leading below the berm, into the show building itself. Here's a render of my model, without all the rest of the park:

Seriously, though, if you have more specific needs, do state them. I know a lot of my photos and renders have silently vanished from the internet because I no longer have a Flickr Pro account, but I still have the images on my hard drive and can post them if I know they're needed.

GRD999 and HBG2 are amazingly excellent resources on all things Haunted Mansion, too.

And yes, BrodyDanger is correct that you can see the Haunted Mansion show building on the right in that photo. That corresponds to the most distant area in the back/end of the graveyard scene. The whole show building looks more or less like that, as you can see from the air.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Quote Originally Posted by BrodyDanger View Post

I'm pretty sure the building on the right is the HM. Obviously, the left is Splash Mountain.
    Where was this photo taken?

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dmtnt55 View Post
    Where was this photo taken?
    Backstage....

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    Backstage....
    How do you even access there?

Quote Originally Posted by dmtnt55 View Post
    How do you even access there?
    Looks like it was a Splash evac. The two show buildings are practically right next to each other. It's similar to how some guests can see the Pirates or Indy buildings if evac'd from those attractions.

• =)

Re: I need Some Haunted Mansion Pics! :)

That's indeed a common Splash Mountain evac route (see annotated aerial photo). That's not the first such image to surface online. And oo_nrb, you're right that Indy is right next to part of Pirates, but Indy evacs usually just entail walking through the attraction to the loading area. I personally haven't heard of people actually being evacuated from the building into backstage.

As to how you actually access that area...well, one way is through the door at the bottom right of the Splash show building in that image, above and to the left of the woman's head. That door leads to stairs that go down a ways, and then there's an opening on your left that you can see from the flume just before you turn into the loading area at the end of the ride. (I'm not talking about the area where the waterway leads under those flaps to the outside, although that does lead to the recessed waterway at the bottom left in the photo.) Another way is by leaving the scenes just before the big lift hill and walking out across that little bridge you can see in the photo. There's also a route from that area that leads underneath the flume and directly into Critter Country, near the exit of Splash, but I'm sure you'd face locked doors (and the potential to be kicked out of the park!) if you tried to go through in the opposite direction just for kicks.