Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Re: What's the next E-Ticket attraction for Disneyland park?

Finding Nemo submarine the ride is BORING! There is no way Finding Nemo can be an E-Ticket ride.

You are just basically watching a TV screens of some type, while riding the sub.

I would like if Finding Nemo was an actual ride like Haunted Mansion with a lot of live animatronic of Finding Nemo and friends. Not TV Screen

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by asianbma View Post
    Finding Nemo submarine the ride is BORING! There is no way Finding Nemo can be an E-Ticket ride.

You are just basically watching a TV screens of some type, while riding the sub.

I would like if Finding Nemo was an actual ride like Haunted Mansion with a lot of live animatronic of Finding Nemo and friends. Not TV Screen
    agreed, I would instead like to see a futuristic submarine ride that takes you through the depths of an ocean discovered on an extra-terrestrial planet. You could see all kinds of funky see life, plants and aliens... More dark (on the same level as POTC), and much more thrilling/interesting/exciting.

• Shredder

Quote Originally Posted by dead_Mau5 View Post
    ^Hmmm....but do you think DL will let go of a staple like Autopia?
    Trust me, with some of the things that Disney have changed and gotten rid of in the past (like messing with Walt's jewel named Small World) all bets are off on just exactly WHAT the current Disney suits will mess with. Plus, like 2DieFR was saying, I think it has run it's course. It takes up A LOT of land in an area the park, and especially Tomorrowland, could definitely use.

If not Autopia, which I find a pretty entertaining experience when not strictly following the track with the wheel , then maybe just using the space of the old Skyway building, Innoventions, and behind the two. There is plenty of space in just that area alone for some major expansion! I love Space Mountain, but I hate how it is the only reason for me to walk all the way down to that area of the park. This is especially true late at night when Innoventions, HISTA, and the Pizza joint has gone down for the day!

Current WDI Imagineer: "But we made great attractions like Pirates of the Carribean!!!"
    Cast Member: "No, WED made Pirates of the Caribbean, you guys made things like 'Spare Park' [DCA]"

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by oo_nrb View Post
    If I was handing out ticket books today, I'd stick those names on the E ticket. To each their own, I suppose .
    I'm not arguing with you. It's just that those attractions never accepted tickets. Who knows what ticket level Disney would have assigned to those rides.

The tickets were graded more on popularity than on quality. Obviously guests ran out of E-tickets more quickly than the other tickets, so guests had to buy additional tickets for these rides. So an E-ticket really does not refer to a better quality ride, although the more popular rides tended to be of better quality. But there were still very many good rides that were D-tickets and below that offered equal if not even better quality than the actual E-ticket rides.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
    Its been such a long time since Disneyland has had a new E-Ticket ride. Sure, Finding Nemo is cool and all but I really wouldn't consider that an E-Ticket ride at any rate. The last major E ride, in my opinion, was Indiana Jones and that was quite a while ago.

Anyone know any information on this?
    I'll be surprised if anyone has any information .... because it seems for now .. all we have is speculation.

And the speculation that Innoventions will eventually give way to something on a mega "E Ticket" size attraction would be in order.

But when a Tomorrowland renovation comes .. no one knows.

And the idea that the boundary could be pushed out to the edge of Harbor Blvd.? Well ..... we just don't know. We don't know if that will hold true ... or it's just nothing but "hot air".

So for now ... the only hint of what's next for Disneyland is the Tinkerbell attraction idea for the Motor Boat Cruise location. Which I predict will be something on the level of the "C" tickets in Fantasyland (Snow White, Toad, Alice, Peter P, Pinnochio.) - And even that is a big "IF" as this company changes it's mind ALL the time.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 12-01-2009 at 08:48 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

In the future, today's little ones will drive their own cars. Disneyland lets them experience that feeling ... Today. That's what Tomorrowland is supposed to do, let you experience tomorrow today.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by oo_nrb
    Splash Mountain and the Indiana Jones Adventure would like to have a word with you.
    They weren't e-ticket rides. [/quote]

They may have come after the ticket system was abolished .. but there's no denying ... the shear scope, size, and sophistication of Indy and Splash Mountain CLEARLY put them into "E Ticket" status.

At the time the ticket system came to an end (1982)
    * Space Mountain
    * Big Thunder
    * 'it's a small world'
    * Matterhorn
    * Country Bear Jamboree
    * Submarine Voyage
    * Haunted Mansion
    * PotC
    ............. all E Tickets

* Indy
    * Splash Mountain
    are both large, mega-media presentations just as H.M. and PotC are.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 12-01-2009 at 08:59 PM.

• Yeti Enthusiast

Autopia is only outdated technologically, but this can be largely be fixed with a complete redesign of the cars and environment (Retro futurism please) and most importantly...implementing faster electric cars, with some sort of electronic guidance system to prevent crashes. Also, I think it's been stated before that with the Sub Show Building, Peoplemover, Monorail and DLRR tracks, there's not much that can really be done with the space Autopia uses without some major reconstruction of everything else around it. There are much better places for expansion in Tomorrowland, and entire buildings that could be demolished and rebuilt.

• Minion

If they're not going to use the PeopleMover track, why not just convert Autopia cars to electric and let guests drive them on the PeopleMover track. There's something fun about you being in (relative) control of the vehicle, as in Legoland's Volvo Driving School and Volvo Junior Driving School - and especially with no track! And put a clone of TDS Aquatopia and let it share the lagoon with the subs.

If any attraction's time has come and gone, it's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. 30 years and one death. Enough. Tear it down and build a clone of Expedition Everest on the northern outskirts of Frontierland. Add a slow-moving train ride in Frontierland and a walk-through attraction, like Rainbow Caverns, connecting Frontierland and Fantasyland.

Last edited by Bob Weaver; 12-01-2009 at 08:52 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage is boring. The overlay is lame, but the ride is boring for all the same reasons the old subs were cramped and slow and... Boring.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gaston View Post
    RSR in DCA is considered to be the next E-Ticket attraction.
    I think the focus on this topic is Disneyland.

• Minion

Instead of the submarines they could just have an underwater glass-walled walkway, with a moving sidewalk to keep people moving through it, like the Shark Encounter at Sea World:

• Yeti Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Instead of the submarines they could just have an underwater glass-walled walkway, with a moving sidewalk to keep people moving through it, like the Shark Encounter at Sea World
    An omnimover attraction like that would be amazing as well.

• Pongo is my hero.

I don't think there is room for EE, or any ride of that magnitude, in DL

one hundred and one

• Minion

nemo is good if the wait is less than 15mins. the ride would be better if it had REAL fish, divers, and mermaids. and a queue line.

btw i find potc boring. it's a personal opinion. it's too dark. maybe if it was more thrilling it would be fun and more lighting cus it's hard to see.

I would love to see mission space in tomorrowland. there's room, just remove that interventions spiny thingy. it's so unpopular.
    or Mickey's magic 3d thingy in toon town, just remove the food area. or somewhere in Fantasyland theater

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast