Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• It's all nonsense

The best attraction in DL is....

POTC, no doubt! Anyone who thinks otherwise has lost their mind.

• (maybe they're right!)

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    Amen....and amen!

• Santa Barbara, CA

the Market House party line phones..case closed!
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    I must have left my mind somewhere, becuase I thourouly disagree. I think that this is the most overrated attraction in the entire park. It's okay, but not as great as many make it sound. It's slow, long, lacks thrills, and quite boring in parts. The scenery is nice to look at, and the characters are all great, but the story does not move very smooth to me. It's drawn out far to long and very scattered.

To answer your question, my favorite attraction is Fantasmic! if it counts. If not Splash Mountain.

Indy, when its all together working correctly, which isnt as often lately as one would hope

• Santa Barbara, CA

POTC for sure..
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Banned User

I think it important to separate "personal favorite" from "all around best attraction".

For example, my personal favorite at DCA is ToT. However, it has a height requirement, and is way too thrilling for many..... I can't see my 85 y/o grandma or 3 y/o neice getting on ToT and having a good time.

For DCA, I think the best overall attraction is Soarin'.... Kind of concerning... An attrraction built on a cement slab in an unthemed, intentionally ugly, off-the-shelf, pre-engineered steel building..... and it's DCA's best overall.... really shows how poor.. Nevermind.

For Disneyland's overall best attraction, I have to agree with the Mad Hatter that PotC is the best. It may not be the favorite ride of the teen and twenthy-somethings, but their favorite ride is not going to be the favorite of the elementary school or nursing home set. There is no ride that will be "the favorite ride" of everyone in the park.

PotC is highly likeable by all, from 3 to 93. Highly themed, with rich details, and one of the few rides you're frequently on longer than you're in line for it. I think it transports (the vast majority of) people into a land of their imagination that they just can't experience ANYWHERE except in a Disney theme park.

I think PotC is the embodyment of why DL can sell tickets for $53 without discount and still fill the park above capaity. Other parks may list a similar price, but are forced to offer discounts in abundance.

• It's all nonsense

For those who don't realize...this thread was made just to start a rousing debate

I like Indy the best. It's got a little bit of everything for everyone! I just wish all of the effects that are in the que area would work again!

• msmith_333 is now Cowboy

I've gotta go with Splash Mountain. Especially when it isn't crowded, and at night. That or the Disneyland RR. I Love finishing a trip to the park with a ride around it on the RR.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Haunted Mansion- is was and always will be the best IMO

(the Subs too- and I can't wait for them to come back!)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tigger001
    I like Indy the best. It's got a little bit of everything for everyone!
    Everyone over 46", in good physical condition, free of back and neck problems......

This is exactly the type of ride I was referring to with my comments about "personal favorite" vs. "best overall".

Indy is probably the personal favorite of the most number of people.... But with height and physical condition requirements combined with being too jerky and thrillig for many, I think it can't be considered "the best attraction".

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    Indy is probably the personal favorite of the most number of people.... But with height and physical condition requirements combined with being too jerky and thrillig for many, I think it can't be considered "the best attraction".
    Why not?? The question wasn't 'What is the best ride for all ages/preferances?'. Some of the most critically acclaimed (sp?) films of all time have an 'R' rating...does that mean we should throw them out simply because 5 year olds can't (or rather shouldn't) watch it?

Indy is definitely up there on my list. For me it's:
    1)POTC
    2)HM
    3)Indy

I say that just because Indy was based on a movie and cannot stand on it's own as a creative masterpeice.

• Rawr...

Mahsqueeze me? Indy cant stand up to its own creative masterpiece? Down with the Mad Hatter I say! The only and I mean ONLY thing wrong with the ride is that its not Harrison Ford's voice. But THAT IS IT! Way to start a debate! :Insert smiley w/ hat and whip here:
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by IndyJn511
    Mahsqueeze me? Indy cant stand up to its own creative masterpiece? Down with the Mad Hatter I say! The only and I mean ONLY thing wrong with the ride is that its not Harrison Ford's voice. But THAT IS IT! Way to start a debate! :Insert smiley w/ hat and whip here:
    I think Indy is one of the best rides of all time. It's just that the idea behind it isn't an original idea...you can't disagree with that. POTC and HM were totally original rides that nobody had ever thought of or heard of before. I don't think it took as much imagination/passion to create Indy as compared to POTC/HM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast