Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Hakuna Matata!

Re: my first extremely photo heavy thanksgiving/18th birthday 3 day trip report!! yay

darn.. i thought posting #16 would start a new page

• Sock Puppet

Re: my first extremely photo heavy thanksgiving/18th birthday 3 day trip report!! yay

Awesome report! (:

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

day 2, 11-26-09:

so thursday was magic morning day, and we took that advantage. when the gates opened me and my brother ran (fast walked) to space mountain, just like everyone else. but nobody told us that it had techical difficulties (boooo!), so all that running (fast walking) was for nothing.

so then we ran (fast walked) to the matterhorn. just like everyone else that were heading to space mountain. that was bumpier than i remember.

then we had to go to the FNSV because we didn't want to wait longer than 20 minutes for that ride. while waiting...

i took a picture of the view from the front of the line.

our submarine

i didn't realize i would get a little claustraphobic, but all i really need is the feeling of circulating air, so that thing that blows air by the windows was a life saver for me

after that my dad gets to the park (he woke up too late) and we were starving! we were gonna go to the plaza inn for the character breakfast, but $30 a person was too much for us, so we headed over towards NOS to find a place to eat. the only place open was river belle terrace

i had pancakes

i kinda liked it better when it didn't have the raisin eyes, cherry nose, and pineapple smile. but it was still good

afterwards we got fastpasses for indiana jones and got in line for POTC, and unfortunately the girl in front of us in the boat was screaming bloody murder, we think she might have been special ed or something cause she was really scared, she was about to jumped out the boat.

took a few pics of the decorations

so after the ride we went through a few shops, me and my mom headed into that one glass shop with all the glass figurines, funny thing was my brother wasn't allowed inside cause he not only acts clumsy, but is clumsy.

ok then our indy fastpasses were ready and we rode the ride. although there was no line in front of us and people behind us, so this is all i got

fuuuuuuuun riiiiiiiide....

at this time it was 9:40 and thanks to micechat, we got a spot for the thanksgiving parade!! yay! i was so excited for it, but nobody told there was only 2 floats, and one of them was just a car so when it was over me and my dad were staring at each as if we were waiting for more of it

mr national turkey federation chairman, if i'm not mistaken, ok well my first guess was a mistake, so i did my research and got it right now

people

and pilgrim mickey and minnie with mr pardoned turkey!

yeah that white lump is the turkey

then the parade was over so i took a pic of the castle with walt and mickey

again, thanks for everyone that took pictures that inspired me to take some of these shots

oh i forgot to mention, we got fastpasses for HMH before we went to the parade, and then it was ready, so we went, and i ran into one of my high school teachers and her family of 16 that were also in disneyland but they weren't her whole family, lots of extended family too, anyways, back on topic!

haunted mansion!

so then once we escaped the haunted mansion alive, we got fastpasses to splash mountain (all of these fastpasses were at very reasonable times, which is why we got so many) and since my brother had never been to tom sawyer's island (i don't care if it's called pirate's lair, i'm still calling it tom sawyer's island) we haaad to go there, and i got a bunch of pictures while on the island

ok well i think this is under the hungry bear restaurant, ok nooooow tom sawyer's island!

this is my favorite pic out of all the pictures i took on this trip!

heeyyy people on the steamboat!! i like to wave to people while at disneyland

so while we were at tom sawyer's island, my mom was sitting on the ground floor of hungry bear restaurant, and we met up with her when we were done. then i got hungry and got some food upstairs. the food was alright for me, i got a free tomato i didn't want, and the service was horrible! i got some guy that didn't even say a word to me when getting my food, he just put out his hand for the receipt, and then it took him 4 minutes just to realize i didn't order a drink. afterwards, splash mountain!

oh wait, ducks!

and i never been more soaked on splash mountain than like ever

^^^^ seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee??? my whole right leg is soaked in water.

then we went back to the hotel to take a nap, and i gotta pick up the pizza we ordered, so i'll be back in 20
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

and i'm baaaaaaack!!!

so after our afternoon nap, we headed over to DCA cause we had reservations at storyteller's cafe, and my reputation might go down after this but i had to see it

yes i'm a fan of high school musical
    so while i was watching that my mom got fastpasses to ToT again, and i can't remember what we did to past the time while our fastpass was ready, i think we went inside a store, oh wait, we went to monsters inc., cause again none of us have been on that ride either, and we just kinda needed to see what it was like, and it was a total walk-on (and for a reason i guess xD)

i like the outside display though

ok noooow we went to ToT

i couldn't decide which of those fountain thingy picture to pick, so i put up both!

on our way out of the hollywood backlot we spotted a few people

this is a funny picture to me, it's like they ran into each other on accident

and then by this time, my camera died, so everything else will be typed and not pictured.

i think we got a fastpass to soarin and i can't remember what we did after that, and then we went on it. it's funny, my dad is, again, scared of heights, but he likes soarin, and i'm a little scared of soarin because of the heights

we headed over to storyteller's cafe, and they had their special thanksgiving menu, and for me, i have to have mash potatoes, it's my favorite food in the world. those mash potatoes were seriously the best mash potatoes in the whole entire world by far!!! i thought i had the best mash potatoes before, but those were the best. mash. potatoes. ever.

so we headed back, and it's dark, and the lightbulb went off in my head. my brother hadn't been on california screamin'!! so i had to take him there. he loved it!

after we rode that, my dad had a surprise for my brother. since he loves UCLA and sports and stuff, and UCLA just so happened to be playing basketball in the anaheim center across the street, that's where they were for the rest of the night. while me and my mom went back on TSMM

then afterward we rode the fun wheel for the first time, we chosed the swingin' side, and that was scary fun! i gotta go on that again.

i knew the maliboomer was gonna be taken out soon, so i went on that. i thought it was like ToT where you fall, but it's really the opposite. i remember it being like ToT, but oh well. i had to ride it one more time.

after that we noticed DCA was pratically empty, and we didn't know why. we figured it out once we got to disneyland. everyone was over there. since it was about 8:45 at this time, we were gonna look for a spot to unfortunately stand, but after 10 minutes we couldn't take the madness of the fireworks crowd, so we sat down in frontierland. fantasmic just so happen to be going on, so i snuck a peek until the princesses came.

then it was fireworks time, but before we went looking for a spot, i got my first dole whip! it was pretty good. i remember someone saying it was like pineapple ice cream, turns out it really is like pineapple ice cream.

viewing in front of the castle was disaster, so we headed over to small world. but we had to go through tomorrowland. turned out, a pretty good viewing spot is next to the matterhorn under the monorail track where that empty area is. you can see all the fireworks pretty well, and there was only like 15 other people there. nobody was breathing down anybody's neck. it was pretty magical.

after the fireworks we headed over to small world, cause my mom wanted to go on small world, and that was all fun and cheerful and the line was quick too surprisingly. afterwards in the shop, i saw this snow white wishing well coin bank that i HAD to have, cause that wishing well is magic. mmmaaagggiiiccc...

and then my mom wanted to go through fantasyland and through the back of frontierland. when we were behind BTMRR, there was absolutely no one in front of us, it was creepy cause the christmas music was playing, but no one was around to enjoy it. no one. but then it was all good.

at 10:25 we were at NOS and i remembered, fantasmic! we actually got a good spot, but our feet were killing us. we saw fantasmic, and then we headed back to the shuttle, and we sat next to this couple who obviously just got engaged, and she had the most beautiful ring ever!!

ok day 2 over!!! sorry for making you read so much i felt like i had to give every detail

• Shifting cargo

Fantastic report! Looks like loads of fun!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post

this is a funny picture to me, it's like they ran into each other on accident
    That is a cute picture! Nice trip report! Thanks for sharing your adventures!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    Fantastic report! Looks like loads of fun!
    it was fun, especially since the last 4 trips to disneyland have only been one day trips, so being there for 3 days was really satisfying

That is a cute picture! Nice trip report! Thanks for sharing your adventures!
    thanks for the comment! i really just spotted all the characters in one spot and took the pictures, the expressions i saw afterwards in the pic was hilarious, cause it doesn't looked planned at all. those are always the best moments, when they aren't planned

• world class bilge rat

Really good TR! I like the commentary. You've got a great way with words!!

Makes me wish I was there too.

Rob

thanks! i never knew i had a way with words

i was just typing as if i was telling a story hehehe

• Animation Domination

Thanks for sharing those wonderful photos.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Indiana Scott

Did anybody else notice the hidden Micky's in the parade cars tire tread?

actually no i didn't, maybe if i have a picture of the hidden mickey i'll post it

ooooooooooooh you mean the thanksgiving parade car!
    ok now i saw it and that's pretty awesome
    Last edited by GummiBears_Rock; 12-05-2009 at 11:26 AM. Reason: wrong parade haha

• Indiana Scott

Now thats what I call detail!

• Nerd

Nice Castle Pic!

thanks ScottG! i didn't want to leave anything out cause the whole trip was a lot of fun

and thanks CMHusband! actually because of your comment i'm using it as my laptop background now

oh and thanks to the person that gave my trip report 5 stars! i started doing my happy dance when i saw the stars

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast