• No

209 72.82%
  • Yes

55 19.16%
  • Don't care

23 8.01%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

Re: Toy Story the Musical to replace Aladdin

Isn't there already a Toy Story attraction at DCA? Isn't one enough? We don't need two have two attractions of the same theme/movie in the same park no less.

It's not like the Aladdin musical is HISTA status either. This show is GREAT. Even though I haven't seen it, I now plan on seeing it numerous times before 2011.

Good post DCACM.......I agree with this new show not being a good idea like everyone else, but want to offering up a suggestion, it is more productive. I like your idea of a 'Best of Disney Broadway Shows', since it is HPB and more about paying tribute to the films produced in the studios. I'd almost rather see Vintage Mickey Cartoons streamed on a screen like at MSC, rather than a 'Toy Story' musical leftover from the cruiselines....at least that would fit the theme of 1920's Hollywood.
    You don't build it for yourself. You know what the people want and you build it for them....Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    That's the point.
    Disney Cruise Lines is getting a new musical (which actually looks pretty cool if you ask me), so we're getting sloppy seconds of Toy Story.
    At first I was annoyed to see Aladdin be replaced by Toy Story. But when I saw pics of the "Villains Tonight" show then it really is frustrating because it seems so much more appropriate for a bigger theater with familiar songs that would lend well to replay. The Toy Story show seems more like something that would be tossed into the Golden Horseshoe than the Hyperion.

Toy Story Musical

Villains Tonight

• Wilderness Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
    At first I was annoyed to see Aladdin be replaced by Toy Story. But when I saw pics of the "Villains Tonight" show then it really is frustrating because it seems so much more appropriate for a bigger theater with familiar songs that would lend well to replay. The Toy Story show seems more like something that would be tossed into the Golden Horseshoe than the Hyperion.

Toy Story Musical

Villains Tonight
    Yeah I was watching a video on Villains Tonight, it looks pretty awesome.

I just really hope this doesn't turn into a trend.
    Disney Cruise Lines gets a brand new original musical.
    The previous one gets moved to DCA.
    Once the newer DCL musical runs its course and people get tired of it, they throw it over to DCA.
    DCL gets a brand new musical.
    Rinse.
    Repeat.
    *sigh*

• let's talk Disney, okay!

i'm reviving this debate to show you all this.

I have 5 words for you!

Der Glöckner von Notre Dame<-- click for pictures!

This musical was produced in Germany. I have LONG beleived that Hunchback lends itself PERFECTLY to the stage!

I know they had the Festival of Fools, and I LOVED the concept, but imagine seeing this show in the Hyperion. This production was a little dark and more Gothic (gotta love the Germans), and could be lightened up a little bit, but look at the production value of this show! Make sure to check out all the pictures!

I actually researched this after Disney Theatricals announced that they are throwing a Dumbo musical idea around, and was FURIOUS that this show STILL hasn't been brought to the states! So I though, if Disney Theatricals isn;t going to take it on, why not Disneyland Resort Entertainment!

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

• It all started on a train

Hemet, Ca (70 miles from Disneyland, just close enough to bike there ;) )

I dont think that they should put on another attraction related to Toy Story.
    They already have the Buzz Lightyear's Blasters, and Toy Story Mania! rides. I don't see why they should have anymore than they have. They should do something that's more classic like Hercules. To my knowledge they don't have any attraction that is related to it, so why not make a musical of that?

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up." - Alfred Pennyworth - Batman Begins

• It all started on a train

Hemet, Ca (70 miles from Disneyland, just close enough to bike there ;) )

Quote Originally Posted by DubiousEndeavors View Post

I have 5 words for you!

This musical was produced in Germany. I have LONG beleived that Hunchback lends itself PERFECTLY to the stage!

I know they had the Festival of Fools, and I LOVED the concept, but imagine seeing this show in the Hyperion. This production was a little dark and more Gothic (gotta love the Germans), and could be lightened up a little bit, but look at the production value of this show! Make sure to check out all the pictures!

I actually researched this after Disney Theatricals announced that they are throwing a Dumbo musical idea around, and was FURIOUS that this show STILL hasn't been brought to the states! So I though, if Disney Theatricals isn;t going to take it on, why not Disneyland Resort Entertainment!
    This is also a great idea! Hunchback has my favorite music from a Disney cartoon, and would love to see it on stage.

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up." - Alfred Pennyworth - Batman Begins

Wow...I was just at the park yesterday and It was my second time in 10 years. I didn't actually get to attend the Aladin show but I can't imagine how getting rid of anything Aladin would be a good move. Cali Adventures had alot of Pixar stuff already, Aladin should have stayed : (

As a major theatre-goer, Aladdin didn't have much of that 'theme park' feel to it. Of course, it had it's moments, but it was pretty well done. With Toy Story, I don't think they can do it without having that feel. Like The Lion King on Broadway. The director didn't have Simba dress up in fur and have the Disney head on. Toy Story has no option but to recreate the computer generated characters.

And yeah, I know, the kids have to enjoy it too, but they should pick a show where you can mix it up a bit, ya know?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DubiousEndeavors View Post

I have 5 words for you!

It was originally planned to be shown as a TV movie here, but fell through. I would love to see a stage version of hunchback. I'm a big fan of its music as well.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Mickatey Mouse

Sigh. I feel the same as everyone else does, I wish we could part from Toy Story/Pixar.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I still think this is a ROTTEN way to go.

Thumbs down Re: Toy Story the Musical to replace Aladdin

And I'm sorry, but having a 50 min show is ridiculous for a theme park. The majority of guests (if not all) really wouldn't want to sit through a long show like that, when they're there for the rides and attractions.

Disney used to put on amazing stage shows that lasted just under 30 mins, which is plenty of time to be entertained. I am so against Toy Story...The Musical being a replacement to Aladdin.

Come on, Disney, WAKE UP!!

• It's all about Theme!

^
    I'm sorry but your statement is completely false.

Aladdin currently runs forty five minutes and plays to large crowds during every performance. Time is not an issue. Hyperion has proved for the last 6 years that park guests love long musicals.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Delawarean Girl

I'll miss Aladdin. But I would like to see a Toy Story Musical.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast