209 72.82%
  • Yes

55 19.16%
  • Don't care

23 8.01%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Future Skipper

Re: Toy Story the Musical to replace Aladdin

NO. Watched it on Youtube, hated it, end of story.

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

Toy Story is awesome, but I don't know about a musical, lol, can't wait to see what that's going to be like...
    Yaye!

• Fancy that...

I love pixar and I think it's an appropriate theme to be put into the theater. I don't care if it's Pixar vs. classic disney being used because there's only a two year gap between Toy Story and Aladdin's release date. But I heard that that musical was extremely lame... and quite honestly, it sounds lame.

• Future Cast Member

I think Toy Story would be a downgrade from Aladdin. I don't care if its pixar or not, pixar is still disney, so im not gonna say silly pointless complaints like that, but I just don't think it has the same quality as the aladdin musical. Plus, it looks like something that will get old fast, while I could watch Aladdin many times in a row and still be able to watch it again.

Not to be rude here but I think Mice Chat is full of Pixar haters in my opinion.

• Future Animator

I love Toy Story. The fact that it is Pixar is not the issue. The fact that the kids like it is not the issue. The fact that California Adventure has a lot of Pixar is not the issue (it's an issue, but not in this situation).

For me Toy Story doesn't have the richness and classy quality that the Golden Age of Disney (i.e. Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King) had. It would be much more appropriate that another one of these titles should replace Aladdin (which I also think needed to be replaced, although I loved it).

Beauty and the Beast is my first choice because:

1. It fits with the "Hollywood Backlot" motif. The Hyperion Theater is supposed to represent the Broadway Style Theater District. Beauty and the Beast is one of the highest grossing Broadway Shows and it has a richness that is needed in the Hollywood Backlot.

2. It is respected by everyone. It boasts the only animated film to be nominated for an oscar.

3. Alan Menken.

4. There is NOTHING from the film mentioned in either park!

-- Obviously I'm talking about a higher quality production than the one from DHS. It would be a costly show to produce but it would add so much more Classic Disney to the park. Hunchback of Notre Dame is another choice, but it probably wouldn't pack them in as much as Beauty would. Any Golden Age Disney film would work!

• Minion

well the cruise will be different from the DCA one.
    the Broadways are always like that.
    They have Lion King on Broadway and WDW but very different.
    same goes for Beauty and the Beast, Mermaid, Tarzan.

DCA should be better. btw it's weird Andy is a girl.

• A Not-So-Mad Mini-Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by jcman3777 View Post
    I love Toy Story. The fact that it is Pixar is not the issue. The fact that the kids like it is not the issue. The fact that California Adventure has a lot of Pixar is not the issue (it's an issue, but not in this situation).

For me Toy Story doesn't have the richness and classy quality that the Golden Age of Disney (i.e. Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King) had. It would be much more appropriate that another one of these titles should replace Aladdin (which I also think needed to be replaced, although I loved it).

Beauty and the Beast is my first choice because:

1. It fits with the "Hollywood Backlot" motif. The Hyperion Theater is supposed to represent the Broadway Style Theater District. Beauty and the Beast is one of the highest grossing Broadway Shows and it has a richness that is needed in the Hollywood Backlot.

2. It is respected by everyone. It boasts the only animated film to be nominated for an oscar.

3. Alan Menken.

4. There is NOTHING from the film mentioned in either park!

-- Obviously I'm talking about a higher quality production than the one from DHS. It would be a costly show to produce but it would add so much more Classic Disney to the park. Hunchback of Notre Dame is another choice, but it probably wouldn't pack them in as much as Beauty would. Any Golden Age Disney film would work!
    I absolutely agree with you...you took the words right out of my mouth. It isn't the fact that it's PIXAR, it just doesn't have the same charm as the old Disney films.
    I would like to point out, though, that in the Animation Building, one room is the Beast's Library, or something of that sort. It's not much, but it is mentioned.
    blogtwitterdeviantart

psh! hey, you! i make miniature disney hats. wanna see them? click here.

some cool cats:
    - a113 - animekiti4christ - captianeo,atis - ckelef1 - cocoa - dapperjoshua - disneyizz -
    disneylove - the disneylander - *disneyprincess* - disneyroyals411 - dmtnt55 - donald_duck -
    - fangalicious44 - firebolt413 - gummibears_rock - ice101 - incrediboy - itsxxdomoxxkun -
    - junglecruisefan - kablary - kritter -littleactressann - mainstreetjake - mandypandy - mikeskellington -
    - padgerfan - performerinwaiting - ss77 - theoretical - thinkingofdisney11 - wendyinwonderland - williamtheking -

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Aladdin is getting old.

• Warm Hugging Anna

I know I will not see it. Send I never did like Toy Story why would I want to watch a show that I don't like. Way this poll is going I don't see it lasting more then one year if not half a year. Disney better think of something better and fast. How about a Tarzan musical or even Peter Pan.

• Future Skipper

Here's the video I found on Youtube.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmiDBmK7rnk"]YouTube - Toy Story: The Musical- Part 1 of 7[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TopGdHH-o-c&feature=related"]YouTube - Toy Story: The Musical- Part 2 of 7[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmaH_ikwHzA&feature=related"]YouTube - Toy Story: The Musical- Part 3 of 7[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poK2JGGd2Ps&feature=related"]YouTube - Toy Story: The Musical- Part 4 of 7[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55Tdz6YbqSs&feature=related"]YouTube - Toy Story: The Musical- Part 5 of 7[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECCC56pItBw&feature=related"]YouTube - Toy Story: The Musical- Part 6 of 7[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOj5f371pnc"]YouTube - Toy Story- The Musical Part 7 of 7- 2nd Version[/ame]

• DL Fan

I'm hoping it will be good, but I am kinda disappointed. Not only is there too much Pixar in the parks lately, but there is too much Toy Story. I hope its not a recycled version of the one on the disney cruise. I wish they would have done something they hadn't done before. Not too excited about this.
    Partner in Crime: Smaps.

Go Huskies!!!

Disneyland: September 12th to 19th

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Pixar. Is. Disney.

I'm sick of all this Pixar stuff at every single Disney park. Just goes to show that the Imagineers aren't creative anymore if they have to make rides or shows based off of movies instead of original ideas. Bad idea.

• Disney/Anime/Furry Fan

I like Toy Story. But, no thank you. I seen too much Toy Story stuff at Disney stores and theme parks. Yes, it is very popular. There is so much Toy Story! The characters at the park, the merchandise, the toys at local toy stores and theme parks, the Toy Story Mania, etc. It's Overrated! Also, they are bringing up lot of it, because of Disney/Pixar's new Toy Story 3!

How about a Phantom Manor Musical? It's not overrated and it is different. I want it to be dark, gloomy, grim, and scary. But with dark humor in it. Of course, that kind of musical will be very PG-13 at DCA.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast