Thread: Mickey Mania

• Dreaming of Disney...

Mickey Mania

I dont know how many of you have seen the parade Mickey Mania, but if you have did you like it?
    I have heard the music and thought it sounded fun. What if they were to bring that sort of thing back into the park?
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Now I understand that "Blue Sky" means "No limits, nothing is a bad idea, everything is possible," along with "May never happen." But I prefer to define it this way: "Blue Sky = Hope." Unknown Author

• Faerie Godmother

Re: Mickey Mania

Can you please link to a video of it so the rest of us can judge?
    Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

• Banned User

If Disneyland were to copy a parade, I would by want nothing other then Jubilation or Disney Dreams on Parade Moving On from Tokyo Disneyland.

• Dreaming of Disney...

Here's a video:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q8cHrvkHV0&feature=related]YouTube - Mickey Mania Parade 1994[/ame]

Im not saying copy this exactly but something fun like it instead of just princesses and something like Celebrate a Street Party.
    It seemed to me even before Celebrate a Street Party was here they just focused on Princes and Princesses.
    Id love to see some of the classic Characters dancing down the street in more than the street party gives.
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Now I understand that "Blue Sky" means "No limits, nothing is a bad idea, everything is possible," along with "May never happen." But I prefer to define it this way: "Blue Sky = Hope." Unknown Author

• Banned User

Maybe for a cute seasonal show but definitely a full out parade.

I feel that the main day time parades need to have lots of variety, not only of characters but of enviornment. Weather each environment is a movie or general umbrella concept (Forest, Jungle, etc), it needs to have lots of different concepts but with one universal style.

I also feels it needs to be classy and clean. Parade of Dreams, Jubilation, and Once Upon a Dream Parade are all excellent examples of this clean cut atmosphere in a parade.

Celebrate! A Street Party has a very upbeat, energetic feel but lacks class. Things like C!ASP get very old, very fast. These kind of parades also, generally speaking, appeal to more of a young audience while a clasiser parade appeals to a much broader audience.

I would love something like this for a Summer, but not for x number of years.

• We Want The Redhead

Now Living in Eden Along The Lake Erie Shore In The Furthermost Reaches Of Western New York State

It's not just class, but a determination to create something that would appeal to all ages across the board. That was the original intent of the park in thew first place. Not simply a park of adults, not simply a park for kids, but something whole families could enjoy together. Celebrate: A Street Party never had that kind of broad appeal. as ICe101 writes:
    Celebrate! A Street Party has a very upbeat, energetic feel but lacks class. Things like C!ASP get very old, very fast. These kind of parades also, generally speaking, appeal to more of a young audience while a clasiser parade appeals to a much broader audience.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• =)

Not having heard of this parade when I saw the thread title, I thought this was going to be an armchair Imagineering thread about TSMM with a fab five theme. That actually would have been a lot more consistent with the rest of the "new" Paradise Pier...and a lot alliterative! Who could resist a ride called Mickey's Midway Mania?

• Minion

"Can't get enough. Can't get enough. Mickey mania! Mickey mania!"
    That song is going to be in my head for the rest of my life lol
    This parade would be a good seasonal show at Disneyland if it was upgraded to DL entertainment standards from WDW entertainment standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Not having heard of this parade when I saw the thread title, I thought this was going to be an armchair Imagineering thread about TSMM with a fab five theme. That actually would have been a lot more consistent with the rest of the "new" Paradise Pier...and a lot alliterative! Who could resist a ride called Mickey's Midway Mania?
    I couldn't. While we're at it let's make it Mickey Mouse The Musical and Mickey Mouse's Ear Blasters

• Trashmasher with Style

Quote Originally Posted by Disguy1955 View Post
    I dont know how many of you have seen the parade Mickey Mania, but if you have did you like it?
    I'm a lot more impressed by the "Mouse Mania" parade.

• Warm Hugging Anna

I just saw the video it's ok not sure how many times I would see it but it's better then Celebration.