Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Future Animator

Red Face Changing Monsters Inc.

It is obvious the attraction, Monsters Inc.: Mike and Sully to the Rescue is not a huge hit with a lot of the Disney fans on the boards here, nor with I. I love the movie, Monsters Inc., but just not the best fit with the HPB. I have also been on Superstar Limo when it was around... and believe it or not, I actually enjoyed it more. Unbelievable, I know.

What I was wondering was, do any of you have an original idea of something that you think would be a better fit at this location?

I have a few ideas. My ultimate would be a Great Movie Ride attraction like the one at DHS but with better technology. I'm not sure it would all fit in this show building but I would love a traditional movie marquee, for the beginning of the queue, standing as the backdrop to that sorcerer mickey fountain. Wouldn't that look fantastic? My second idea would be a Nightmare Before Christmas darkride. People love Nightmare. The holiday change for Haunted Mansion isn't enough for people. I say that they should take all of the figures from the Haunted Mansion Holiday and move them to this show building. I think it would be a great addition to HPB and of course would be very, very popular. Also, great for merchandise!

That sorcerer mickey fountain looks awful with that Monsters Inc. background. What are your ideas??

YouTube Channel:
    DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc.

Re: Changing Monsters Inc.

How about just tear down the freakin' thing and make a new ride from scratch instead of using the same concept and rehashing it over and over again into something new?

The fact of the matter is, Monster's Inc. is a slower version of Superstar Limo color-coated and disguised with the characters from the movie, it's as simple as that.

I say, get rid of it and make a new ride.

If Disney is truly dedicated to entertaining their guests, then they will do so at some point in time, I honestly cannot see a whole park just dedicated to Pixar no matter how popular it gets.

• Future Princess

I watched the movie pretty recently and while it was going through the scene with the massive warehouse and the doors swinging along the tracks (with Mike and Sulley chasing Randall who kidnapped Boo) I immediately saw those door tracks as being more like a rollercoaster track.
    That kind of got me thinking about how awesome it could be if they could transfer that scene from the movie and turn it into kind of a rollercoaster with some dark ride scenes and such.

I don't know if it's the greatest idea around or if it would even be possible, but I liked the idea personally
    "...Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."

• Minion

^

I believe that was the plan at one point, and yes, that would have been awesome.

There was also once an article on the Re-Imagineering blog about what a missed opportunity it was that you never get to go through any of the magic doors. The only door you go through is the one at the ride's hideously cheap entrance, which is so fake-looking, I don't think it counts. I think that if the Monsters Inc. ride is going to stay, it should at least ditch the half-hearted taxi/transportation hub idea and begin in Boo's room, where we would follow Boo as she follows Sully through the closet door. (I don't know what this would do for the queue, or how it would tie in with HPB). I think it would be more exciting if we were humans sneaking into the monster world, than the way it currently is, where we are seemingly supposed to be monsters visiting Monstropolis.

A long time ago, I posted a concept in which the queue would be the offices of a sleazy Hollywood tabloid that sent you, the guest, "undercover" to investigate the world of monsters. The vehicle would be themed to a large monster "disguise." However, I think that might be too convaluted of a backstory.

Another idea was to link it with the idea of classic Hollywood monster movies somehow.

I like the Monsters Inc. ride well enough, but would be willing to let it go if something better and more thematically appropriate came along. I would love to see the Great Movie Ride somewhere in HPB, or some other attraction that actually has to do with the Golden Age of Hollywood or the fascinating process of filmmaking.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Ok this is my idea, just because I hate this ride soooo much

Tear it down, and create a Monster's inc. ride and go seek in DISNEYLAND (fantasyland next to IASW)

Then, I have three different Ideas:

1.Connect the Millionaire building and build a Rockin Rollercoaster, but this is unlikely because they are trying to make the park more fmaily friendly and they already have a launching rollercoaster ( I don't want this to happen though because I wish they would bring back the Millionaire show)

2. Build an Armadggedon Special Effect show like they were planning to, but now it is in WDS in Paris. Here's an article if you don't know about it: Armageddon - Les Effets Speciaux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. Great Movie Ride

Enough Said

I'm normally one to complain, but I think the ride is fine the way it is now. California Adventure has how many fantasyland style attractions? 1. And that's Monsters Inc. I love the queue and the AA's are pretty cool. The scenes are well decorated. Children love it. I say leave as is and focus the attention on bulldozing Muppets ASAP.

• world class bilge rat

I'm apparently one of the few who likes Monsters Inc as it is.

I find it slow, relaxing, warm when it's cold out, cool when it's hot out, and pretty entertaining.

Maybe it's because I never got past age 8 from the neck up!!

Rob

I'm normally one to complain, but I think the ride is fine the way it is now. California Adventure has how many fantasyland style attractions? 1. And that's Monsters Inc. I love the queue and the AA's are pretty cool. The scenes are well decorated. Children love it. I say leave as is and focus the attention on bulldozing Muppets ASAP.
    I don't mean to sound rude, but I disagree with everything until the very end haha. The queue is pretty hideuous, especially after you pass through the horrible facade at the front of it. If you turn aruond, you see blue metal and the whole queue outside is rusting and not themed at all. Then, you gou inside, and the only decorations that relate to the ride are posters on the wall and the snack machines at the very end. At least paint the walls or something.
    Kids do like the ride, but its not worth saving. I took my four year old cousin on it, and he liked it, but he would rather go to the "aminananation place" instead. The line is never longer than ten minutes. It's not necessarily a hit.
    Here's where I agree, bulldoze MUPPETS!!!!!

• Hide and Seek with Anna

I happen to like that ride I don't see anything wrong with it I go on it alot. So I say keep the ride.

• Knight that says Nee!!

I will stand up, unashamed, as one who likes the ride, and my son absolutely loves it.

I agree that it doesn't nessisarily fit into the "Hollywood" theme of that section of the park. Oh, well, I got over it. The ride itself, as far as a simple dark ride goes, is fine IMO.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

I actually like this attraction a ton!

• Pongo is my hero.

I guarentee you if we made a poll of how many people like MI in HPB that the results would be in MI's favor.

one hundred and one

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jcman3777 View Post
    It is obvious the attraction, Monsters Inc.: Mike and Sully to the Rescue is not a huge hit with a lot of the Disney fans on the boards here, nor with I. I love the movie, Monsters Inc., but just not the best fit with the HPB. I have also been on Superstar Limo when it was around... and believe it or not, I actually enjoyed it more. Unbelievable, I know.

I have a few ideas. My ultimate would be a Great Movie Ride attraction like the one at DHS but with better technology. I'm not sure it would all fit in this show building but I would love a traditional movie marquee, for the beginning of the queue, standing as the backdrop to that sorcerer mickey fountain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seant926 View Post
    3. Great Movie Ride

Enough Said
    I believe that The Great Movie Ride would be great for the Hollywood Backlot, but I'm not sure that there is enough space for it, even if you were to combine the building from Millionaire, Monsters Inc, and the Hollywood and Dine.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Seant926 View Post
    Kids do like the ride, but its not worth saving.
    I think this is pretty much true of all the dark rides. The sooner they can rip them out and replace them with roller coasters the better.

While Monsters certainly needs to be replaced with a roller coaster, I would put Snow White and Pinocchio ahead of it on the priority list of being replaced. I don't think those rides are really worth saving either.

• world class bilge rat

I think that if all the slow dark rides were replaced with roller coasters, DL would be no better than Six Flags or any other park.

I doubt if I would be the only one who would not return if that happened.

Rob

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast