Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle- Hope I don't get killed for saying this! (not literally)

dang i was gonna use my witty sarcasm but someone already beat me to it

but i would slightly agree. it does seem not as grand as the other castles

buuuuuut.......

the history behind the castle does make it the best castle
    and it's also one of those things that you see as a kid, and when you grow up, that same castle is still there and it reminds you of your childhood

so it's more the significance of the castle rather than its physical beauty
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle- Hope I don't get killed for saying this! (not literally)

I agree that the castle being pink makes it a little more miniature golf-y, but being the original castle I think it does its job. plus, (correct me if I'm wrong!) weren't there drastically different height restrictions back when the castle was built? and then once the restrictions changed they didn't want to rebuild the castle that has so much history attatched to it?

• Returning to DL 2/29

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I liked it better in the 90s it was more worn out and looked more like a real castle now its pink.
    I hated the faded out look I like the pinkinsh glow it has now makes it feel like it poped out of a fairy tale book
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

• Seasick

Bigger isn't necesscarily better. The Magic Kingdom castle, imo, lacks a certain charm that Disneylands' does. The whole park lacks that charm as well somewhat, but that's a whole other discussion...

It's interesting to speculate as to what Walt wanted. It's certainly possible the small castle is a result of budgetary restraints. If Walt were alive today, would the castle have been replaced with a bigger model?

I think as is, it's big enough to be visible from Main Street, but small enough to be tantalizing. It draws you to it - you want to see that castle teasing you from afar.

So, I like it as is. It's also so iconic it's hard to imagine any serious thought will ever go into replacing it. I agree that the colours could use a little tweaking however.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Rides against injustice

As I said before; the pink. I hate the pink. bleck! Its an awful color..it needs to either be no pink, or more pink, because the muted salmon color is atrocious.
    "Pink? Pink? Well, what's wrong with pink? Seems like you got a pink kink in your think!"
    Sorry, I was watching "Boundin" yesterday.

After visiting Walt Disney World last year for the first time I did start feeling that our little SBC was in need of an upgrade. However to me SBC is "home" and as mentioned earlier has a history than none of the other castles can match.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

I love it.

It's the castle of my childhood. When I believed in magic and princes on white horses, and glass slippers and fairy Godmothers...

Wait a minute!

I still do!

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
    dang i was gonna use my witty sarcasm but someone already beat me to it

but i would slightly agree. it does seem not as grand as the other castles

buuuuuut.......

the history behind the castle does make it the best castle
    and it's also one of those things that you see as a kid, and when you grow up, that same castle is still there and it reminds you of your childhood

so it's more the significance of the castle rather than its physical beauty
    I think that biggest part SBC
    We grew up, that castle is still there and it reminds you ,and other's
    of our childhood!

I do think SBC is looks little bite better ,50th and
    after GOLD put on it!.....makes it stand out more!
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust!

I still agree that it is the best castle. Cinderella's castle, IMO, is almost too big. I get that the park is bigger, but it's too big and grey. Don't get me wrong it's beautiful and I love it, but it's too big.

While SB Castle is a little pink, I don't notice it so much. It really looks like a Fantasy castle, which I think fits into the park. I guess in my mind we aren't visiting a medieval village where everything should be to scale and exactly the way is was back then, we are visiting a theme park that came from the mind of a great man.
    I miss Disney World...
    Check out my Disney Cruise Trip Report...lots of photos being added: http://micechat.com/forums/disney-cr...ey-wonder.html

• =)

The castle certainly looks smaller to me as an adult than it did when I was a child. But if they kept the trees around it smaller, its true size would be less apparent. And I don't really mind having a smaller castle anyhow.

Regarding the color scheme, I actually like the current one. I know the pink is less realistic than the more subdued grays the castle used to sport, and I certainly don't support over-saccharization of the park. But for some inexplicable reason, the pink just...works for me. I feel more excited looking at it.

Then again, I don't mind the current Main Street color scheme either, so what do I know?

• Pongo is my hero.

I think DLP, DL, and MK all have the original castles and are all beautiful in there own way.

DLPs- tall, whimsical, colorful
    DL- nostalgic, colorful, welcoming, classic
    MK- tall, grand, elegant

one hundred and one

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite9011 View Post
    I can still think it should've been built bigger
    If it were built taller the castle wouldn't be to scale with the Matterhorn. The size was chosen to be this way purposely.

• Pongo is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by cromag View Post

You're adding nothing to this thread, and you're calling others trolls?

tssk

At the time Sleeping Beauty Castle was built many Americans thought its size was ideal and accurate.

one hundred and one

• Cunning infiltrator

Don't ever call the Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland. Small, cheap, and golf-sized. It has it's own charm that other tall Disney castles don't Have!

"Disneyland is something that will never be finished. It's something that I can keep developing. It will be a live, breathing thing that will need change."

-Walt Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

- Walt Disney

Too bad the corporate greed of the now modern Disney Company, didn't really live up to the expectations of Walt's Dreams and Goals. There are changes to the park. But not that kind of 'Change.'

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

Angry Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle- Hope I don't get killed for saying this! (not literally)

Quote Originally Posted by cromag View Post

I'm guessing this is directed at me (the original poster)How does having a different opinion make me a troll? Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I love Disneyland as much as everybody else on here, I just don't fancy the castle as much as most..but I do still like it; its DOES remind me of my child hood like the others.

Thank you for your "troll" comment though; Glad you had something constructive to add to the forum. Have a nice day!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast