Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• youtube.com/micahglitters

Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle- Hope I don't get killed for saying this! (not literally)

oh man, i actually love that the castle is pink but had a nagging suspicion that someone would start pointing out how not realistic it is......leave my fantasy of living in that pink glittery fortress alone!!!
    "The magic is as wide as a smile and as narrow as a wink, loud as laughter and quiet as a tear, tall as a tale and deep as emotion. So strong, it can lift the spirit. So gentle, it can touch the heart. It is the magic that begins the happily ever after." ~ An imagineer

http://www.facebook.com/micahcard

Cool Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle- Hope I don't get killed for saying this! (not literally)

Quote Originally Posted by LangenFox View Post
    Don't ever call the Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland. Small, cheap, and golf-sized. It has it's own charm that other tall Disney castles don't Have!

"Disneyland is something that will never be finished. It's something that I can keep developing. It will be a live, breathing thing that will need change."

-Walt Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

- Walt Disney

Too bad the corporate greed of the now modern Disney Company, didn't really live up to the expectations of Walt's Dreams and Goals. There are changes to the park. But not that kind of 'Change.'
    I can have my own opinion, and I will call it whatever I please. I am here to make friends, not enemies, and opinions shouldn't sever those ties..It's a FORUM; you state your opinion and there are debates.

I agree it has its own charm and likeliness, but its getting a little outdated with 50+ years on its belt..Time for a few changes.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle- Hope I don't get killed for saying this! (not literally)

I think it's great (Coming from someone who has never been to the World)

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Come on people, so someone thinks the castle is small. We do have the option of having the same boring discussions over and over. Let's not resort to calling new members "trolls" unless it's merited.

• Once upon a dream

Here is a quote:
    Walt Disney said that Disneyland castles should be kept small to be warmer and friendlier and not intimidate the guests
    It has also became an icon for Disney Movies, Televeions, Disney Channel, etc.

~babs

Thank you Solitary!

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust!

Here is a quote:
    Quote:
    Walt Disney said that Disneyland castles should be kept small to be warmer and friendlier and not intimidate the guests
    It has also became an icon for Disney Movies, Televeions, Disney Channel, etc.

~babs
    That is what I was trying to get at in one of my first posts. I thought I had heard that somewhere (true or not)
    Wow...I've been gone a long time...but I'm glad to be back!!

Running in the Disneyland Half Marathon this year...first one ever!!! So excited!

• IPAC

I do not really like the current color.

This one is much better.

http://www.hollywoodstories.com/page...andCastle.jpeg

• Yeti Enthusiast

Count me as somebody who misses the old muted colors, especially the more realistic looking stonework. I also love the ivy they had growing on the right side of the castle in pictures taken during the 70's and early 80's.

• Minion

SBC might not be as grandious as the others but you know what...it was the first and onlyone for a while...and it has walt disney stamped all over it..therefor its the best..every one has their opinions on everything..but i think those that dislike the castle never grew up with it..and to see it still stand to this very day with walk thru with out and now with again...its a better testimonial to mr disney then i think we could ever have..

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I love the castle. I didn't grow up with it, at least not in person. I saw it on television as a kid, when I watched Walt Disney's televison program. The first castle that I saw was the one at the Magic Kingdom, and I happened to go when that one was decked out as a pink birthday cake. I finally saw Cinderella Castle in 2003. It is beautiful However, after visiting Disneyland in 2005, I absolutely love Disneyland's castle, and all of Disneyland.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

• Im a stage Ninja

i wouldn't want them to change the DL Castle at all. i Have been going to the park for 20 years in March and that castle maybe little but it is the biggest thing in my life. My Uncle proposed to my Ante at the wishing well, my little brothers first words where said right in front of the castle waiting for the MSEP and the one that i think is the best is my step dad, mom and I's first family pic was with that castle
    This is my Leko their are many like it but this one is mine. With out my Leko i am job less, with out me my Leko is not working

After hearing about how nostalgic and memorable the castle is to so many people..I'm retracting my statement and issuing a new one (presidential style :P)

Old Statement Summary: The castle SUCKS! To small! to pink!

New Statement Summary: The castle would look better a shade more towards creme/light pink

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I was going to say, "quit while your ahead". However, I think that when it comes to the Disneyland castle, it just might be a matter of the heart. It has that effect on many of us.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

• Misses WDW

I love Disneyland and it will always be my "home park"...However, I love the castle @ WDW. It is very grand and looks like royalty would live there. Especially the back of the castle with the giant windows from the restaurant. The Disneyland castle though does hold lots of sentimental value and will always hold a place in the heart.

Perhaps when Disneyland turns 100, they should do a cake castle like WDW? However, instead of a giant cake, it would have to be a cupcake.

Seriously, that last part about the cake was a joke.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LangenFox View Post
    Don't ever call the Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland. Small, cheap, and golf-sized. It has it's own charm that other tall Disney castles don't Have!

"Disneyland is something that will never be finished. It's something that I can keep developing. It will be a live, breathing thing that will need change."

-Walt Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

- Walt Disney

Too bad the corporate greed of the now modern Disney Company, didn't really live up to the expectations of Walt's Dreams and Goals. There are changes to the park. But not that kind of 'Change.'
    I agreed with your statement about modern Disney Company
    and they more greedy!
    They do have a lack of understanding of Walt Disney!
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast