Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Sleeping Beauty Castle- Hope I don't get killed for saying this! (not literally)

I hope I don't get in trouble with you fellow Disney-lovers for saying this, bbbbbut....

I think the Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle is rather "chinsey"..I said it. I'm sorry. But I do think it! I feel like Walt loved things to be so grande, and special, yet this castle looks like something out of a mini-golf park.

I do very much so like Disneyland Paris' castle. It's so whimsical and pretty..The tall-ness of it makes it look so regal, like it almost feels like you shouldn't touch, look, or walk through it.

• Minion

Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle- Hope I don't get killed for saying this! (not literally)

Really? I looooooooooooove it!

• Banned User

Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle- Hope I don't get killed for saying this! (not literally)

You aren't allowed to express your opinion here! What does this look like, some sort of internet forum?

• Dive ..... Dive.....

I think it's the most beautiful of all the castles. Not only that, it has a history and legacy behind it that none of the others can match.

• Peaches and Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
    You aren't allowed to express your opinion here! What does this look like, some sort of internet forum?
    I see you too majored in sarcasm

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I liked it better in the 90s it was more worn out and looked more like a real castle now its pink.

• Future Animator

It's not the grandest of castles, sure... but it's charming. I get that "I'm home" feeling whenever I see it. It's not the same when I see Cinderella's castle. They are just different feelings.

YouTube Channel:
    DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

It is not bad at all. As stated, not only is it actually quite impressive, but how can you mess with the legacy?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    I think it's the most beautiful of all the castles. Not only that, it has a history and legacy behind it that none of the others can match.
    I was just going to say that! I agree with you 100%.

It doesn't have to be big to be beautiful...it's the bestest castle ever!

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite9011 View Post
    I hope I don't get in trouble with you fellow Disney-lovers for saying this, bbbbbut....

I think the Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle is rather "chinsey"..I said it. I'm sorry. But I do think it! I feel like Walt loved things to be so grande, and special, yet this castle looks like something out of a mini-golf park.

I do very much so like Disneyland Paris' castle. It's so whimsical and pretty..The tall-ness of it makes it look so regal, like it almost feels like you shouldn't touch, look, or walk through it.

Yours is not the first thread ever pop up on this subject!

I do highly disagreed with you!
    I would not change Sleeping Beauty Castle for all the castle's (tea)in
    China!
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo View Post
    Really? I looooooooooooove it!
    I Love it toooooooooooo!
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust!

I also have to disagree, I love the castle!

But, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Walt make it smaller on purpose? Because when Castle's were around the bigger it was, the more intimidating it was. Like a way to scare off people and show not to mess with the king that lives there. I think Walt wanted his castles to not be scary and intimidating, but friendly and welcoming.
    I miss Disney World...
    Check out my Disney Cruise Trip Report...lots of photos being added: http://micechat.com/forums/disney-cr...ey-wonder.html

• Closed Account

The castle seemed more real when it was painted and detailed appropriately.

All good fantasy depends on a veneer of reality. That veneer has been removed from SBC.

• Minion

From some locations, it does seem too short, like it's missing an entire floor.

But with the Matterhorn next to it, they can't really make it taller because you wouldn't want a castle taller than a mountain.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast