Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

Cool 5 days till our trip...advice

So, we live in the far northern end of Ca, it will be a long drive, but well worth it. Since it's crunch time, any last minute advice, travel tips, or anything you can think of? I am traveling with an elderly lady and two 8 year olds, so I don't want to get jammed up on the trip or once we get there. All advice and tips are warmly welcomed since we are newbies! Thank you awesome micechatters, you are stellar!
    Yaye!

• Shifting cargo

Re: 5 days till our trip...advice

I'd say to just remember to take it slow around the park and don't rush from each attraction because it just tired you out easily. Some good places to eat in DLR are: The French Market,Carna tion Cafe, Plaza Inn, Cafe Orleans, Blue Bayou, Big Thunder Ranch, and The River Belle Terrace. In DCA there is: The Taste Pilots' Grill, Pacific Warf Cafe, and Whitewater Snacks (located inside Grand Californian). Have loads of fun!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by phi1215 View Post
    So, we live in the far northern end of Ca, it will be a long drive, but well worth it. Since it's crunch time, any last minute advice, travel tips, or anything you can think of? I am traveling with an elderly lady and two 8 year olds, so I don't want to get jammed up on the trip or once we get there. All advice and tips are warmly welcomed since we are newbies! Thank you awesome micechatters, you are stellar!
    Whatever you do, do NOT put the elderly lady on top of the car in a plastic bag, then drop her off at a cousin's house on the way. Else, it is a guarantee that Disneyland will be closed on the day you go. And no, you may NOT coerce the guard into opening up just for you.

Other than that, have a great trip! It's Disneyland. What could possiblie go wrong?

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

don't eat yellow snow

sorry i couldn't resist, i never get to use that one
    but what my family likes to do is get there early
    and then in the afternoon when it's all busy, we go back to our hotel and take a nap

also i'd say if the fastpasses are at a reasonable time you should get them.
    if the line is 30 minutes but the fastpass says to come back 40 minutes later i say get the fastpass. you can enjoy more of disneyland instead of staying in line the whole time
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Whatever you do, do NOT put the elderly lady on top of the car in a plastic bag, then drop her off at a cousin's house on the way. Else, it is a guarantee that Disneyland will be closed on the day you go. And no, you may NOT coerce the guard into opening up just for you.

Other than that, have a great trip! It's Disneyland. What could possiblie go wrong?

Funny, the other night we were watching that movie, and my husband said, "This movie is totally us"! lol,
    Yaye!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
    don't eat yellow snow

sorry i couldn't resist, i never get to use that one
    but what my family likes to do is get there early
    and then in the afternoon when it's all busy, we go back to our hotel and take a nap

also i'd say if the fastpasses are at a reasonable time you should get them.
    if the line is 30 minutes but the fastpass says to come back 40 minutes later i say get the fastpass. you can enjoy more of disneyland instead of staying in line the whole time
    That advice is always appropriate!! Mostly trying to figure out if I am forgetting anything for the trip, I always over think it and forget half of everything I need!
    Yaye!

that sounds like one of those vacation movies i can never remember the name of

Blog Entries

National Lampoon, we are the Grizwolds!
    Yaye!

ok i knew that, i really did

• Disneyland fan since 1967

Newbies to DLR? How exciting! I'm not sure how long you will be there, or what days of the week (although you've said your trip begins in 5 days), but our family has gone to DLR this exact time of year for the past three years, but not this year alas. Here are some tips:

(1) Get to DL Park early, right when the Park opens if possible. The entrance gates on the left seem to be less crowded than the ones on the right.
    (2) Go on Space Mountain, Star Tours, and Buzz Lightyear Astro-Blasters first thing.
    (3) Head over to Critter Country and ride Splash Mountain, which I consider one of the very best rides in Disneyland Park. It's never crowded first thing in the morning, although you have to be prepared to get a little wet despite the cool temperatures.
    (4) In Critter Country, after you get off of Splash Mountain, you can often find Pooh and Tigger walking about virtually alone. We've had several good photos of our son with Tigger around the 9-9:30 a.m. timeframe (assuming 8:00am park opening).
    (5) If you can afford it, do a Character Breakfast at the Plaza Inn, so that you can have about 1 hour of intensive character greetings (along with a decent if unspectacular meal) without having to wait in long lines elsewhere in the Park to meet them. Trust me, if you stop and get in line in front of every furry character you see, you will not have time to enjoy any of the awesome rides.
    (6) On the weekend, use FastPass when needed. But at this particular time of year (post-Thanksgiving, pre-Dec. 15), your weekdays should not be particularly crowded. In fact, if you have enough days to work with, consider going to DL Park on the weekdays, and DCA on the weekend days, because DCA is always less crowded than DL Park those days.
    (7) Favorite rides of my 7-year-old son, which might translate well for your two 8 year olds: Star Tours, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Indiana Jones Adventure, Soarin' Over California (DCA), Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (DCA).
    (8) Turn off your BlackBerry or other smart phone and resist all temptation to do any work while enjoying DLR. This is the Happiest Place on Earth. Unfortunately, some of my more recent vivid memories are of trying to type a lengthy BlackBerry message to a client while standing in line at Star Tours on a busy weekend - let me just tell you, it wasn't worth it! :-)

Have a great time!

Blog Entries

Thank you so much Silly! We are going to be there Sun - Friday, we booked all 5 of the character breakfast/meals, went over the top! We are having a birthday dinner at Goofy's Kitchen for my daughter on Tuesday and we are staying at the PP Hotel! I am hoping we have enough time to do a lot of stuff, not just the main attractions!
    Yaye!

•   
    • aka LIANNA

Blog Entries

I hope you guys have a great trip! I don't have any advice to give, except to have a great time and take lots and lots of pictures! [=

~Lianna~

• Minion

Watch out for multiple lines (parking entrance, tram stations, security bag-check, ticket booths, entrances, exits, etc.). Most people get into the first line they see, so you often have one big long line and a bunch of much shorter lines a few feet away.

At Pirates of the Caribbean on busy days, take the line to the right. Usually they are about the same length, but sometimes when it's busy, they run the left line around the side of the building making it much longer than the right.

My experience is only with the men's restrooms, but the ladies' are probably similar. Avoid the restrooms in Adventureland, New Orleans Square, and the one in Tomorrowland by the Space Mountain exit. They tend to get crowded, dirty, and very smelly.

I'm going Sunday-Wednesday. Hopefully it won't rain this Sunday. Last time we went (last Feb) it rained and there was no Fantasmic, so we were hoping to catch it this time along with all the other outside entertainment. Just booked it a week ago and BAM rain comes! Maybe we'll get lucky. The plus side is there are almost NO lines during the week on a rainy day.

Blog Entries

Yeah, the extended forecast calls for rain on Thursday, which we will be there then still, maybe it will pass over us, who knows!
    Yaye!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast