Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: True or False?

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Question True or False?

Hello my fellow micechatters...I know that there has been a lot and I mean a LOT of threads regarding the Peoplemover. But I went to the parks a couple of weeks ago, and as I was passing by Innovantions, I overheard ( I might've misinterpertad) a cast member tell a family that the Peoplemover will indeed come back by 2012. Now I did not get excited, because I have learned from my micechat family that Cast members tend to lie.

So I would like to know, has Disney management made any decison in regards to the Peoplemover coming back in the near future?
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• or CBF

Re: True or False?

Tony Baxter's next project is rumored to be a full Tomorrowland overhaul, but it's not supposed to start until Phase One of the DCA expansion is done in 2012/2013
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

ah..thanks CBF...
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

When my hubby had a meeting with the WD Imagineers in Burbank this past January, he was informed of the People mover comeback...just not for a couple years.

• We Want The Redhead

Baxter told me he wants it to come back, but wouldn't be pinned down to a date. When I told him how badly I want to se it return, he replied 'We ALL want it to come back." I think he means it, as do all the other Imagineers I've spoken to about it.
    Don't forget, if you look closely, it's even in the Wall-E movie, complete with its original sign and station intact. I suspect even the Pixar folks are awaiting the right time for its return.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• Old Member

Peoplemover has been on CM publications for the last year stating 2012 as a return date. However, no funding has been approved for such a project nor has anyone actually begun working on one

• "I Break Things"

It is absolutely true...
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• "I Break Things"

That is completely false...
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Artistic integrity

Take what that Innovention's CM said with a grain of (HOPEFUL ) salt.

My biggest worry/concern is OSHA! i think the biggest hurdle to get through is a design that keeps people from sticking their head, hands, arms, legs from sticking outside where they don't belong.

If Mr. Baxter and Crew have come up with a design that complies with OSHA and ADA requirements .. then we have a winner!

I'm really hoping on a new Peoplemover. Something very colorful .. something whimsical in it's design .. to match the theme of the rest of the land.

I don't want to see a 2 minute thrill ride on that track. No Rocket Rods 2.0 .. Not Tron (Light Cycles need 100% darkness to be pulled off correctly) ...... No toon tie-in please! Give park guests a chance to enjoy something at a leisurely pace that is 15 minutes .. as the previous design was.

Make the trains 4 cars each... as before to be large capacity. As DL desperately needs as many large capacity attractions as it can get!
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 12-08-2009 at 03:00 PM.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Probably a lie, but you never know

• Just Engaged!

A CM told me in June it was for sure coming back and they did not have a release date yet. And she was unsure of a theme. She also said they have some of the old trams at various CM locations and they are used as picnic areas. I would love to eat my lunch in an old PM tram!! Also, while in line for SM I noticed people working on the PM track area, replacing some electrical. However some areas of the track look really bad as viewed from the monorail (rear cockpit). In November they were painting inside one of the tunnels beside Astroblasters, but the CMs have stated they were full of items and used for storage before, I saw this from the Astro Orbitor, (things in the tunnel, looked like boxes) but it was empty for the painting day, and empty on sunday. So hopefully it is on its way back and they are just being secretive. I know it is very possible for some CM's to have no idea what is going on around them. And yes, some do lie. It is part of their act.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I asked a Monorail castmember a while back and he said it was coming back. And, too, gave no date.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cositaluvsmickey View Post
    Hello my fellow micechatters...I know that there has been a lot and I mean a LOT of threads regarding the Peoplemover. But I went to the parks a couple of weeks ago, and as I was passing by Innovantions, I overheard ( I might've misinterpertad) a cast member tell a family that the Peoplemover will indeed come back by 2012. Now I did not get excited, because I have learned from my micechat family that Cast members tend to lie.

So I would like to know, has Disney management made any decison in regards to the Peoplemover coming back in the near future?
    Keep praying! I think it coming back!
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Banned User

I sure hope so! And I vote for putting the station indoors! Standing in line for the PM in the hot Anaheim summers would suck.

• We Want The Redhead

Quote Originally Posted by MainSreetJake View Post
    I sure hope so! And I vote for putting the station indoors! Standing in line for the PM in the hot Anaheim summers would suck.

It never bothered me. Honest!
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast