Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Another new Tomorrowland! Actually feasible this time?

Great ideas! I can't wait till that land sees the love it deserves. Come on Tony Baxter!

• Your Nemesis

Great ideas. I would love to see Mission: Space added to DL but there might be a way to do it without removing the pizza.
    1) Simply add pizza to the menu at the proposed Cantina restaurant
    2) I could be wrong, but I belive there is empty space between Main Street and Space Mountain. If that space is big enough, why not put Mission: Space there?
    Lastly, the Peoplemover. If Disney is so intent on adding movie characters to the park, why not try putting a few characters or projections around Innoventions? For example, there could be Lewis fixing the time machine, WALL-E cleaning with a push-broom, or other images of characters. That way movie characters could still be added to the park, but they wouldn't have a whole ride based on them.
    Running is a mental sport and I am insane!

If characters get added to the PeopleMover, I suspect it would be with a Wall-E tie-in. The people in that movie are just too similar to park guests in slow moving personal transport to pass up on the joke.

As for the space behind Space Mountain, I think they use that for a lot of backstage stuff. If there were enough room back there, I would vote that it go to some sort of Main Street attraction.

I think the ideas are great, my only change would be to swap out Mission space for a new ride as this, Space Mountain, Astro Orbitor & Star tours could be space overload for some guests.

My favorite would be a new ride based on the theme of Inner Space using test track technology. You could be sent on a search for the Higgs Boson or something in a preshow and then loaded into atom-mobiles and miniaturised into the world of the Atom. If it was done right it could fun and educational as well as being a knowing nod to the past for all us Disney Geeks

• First star to the right..

I love the idea of the cantina eatery maybe do it like the tiki room was originally supposed to be and then maybe we can finally figure out who shot first lol

Quote Originally Posted by robbiem View Post
    My favorite would be a new ride based on the theme of Inner Space using test track technology. You could be sent on a search for the Higgs Boson or something in a preshow and then loaded into atom-mobiles and miniaturised into the world of the Atom. If it was done right it could fun and educational as well as being a knowing nod to the past for all us Disney Geeks
    I like that.

"Come ride the particle accelerator!

Get smashed into other riders at near the speed of light!"

• Death Certificate on hand

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    ... you really don't want to make sponsors annoyed if possible.
    Unfortunately, your plan does this more than once. Tearing out the 3-D theater gets Kodak mad, and just after some tricky negotiations about the return of Captain Eo. And I see no way in this universe that Chevron will approve of ELECTRIC cars for the Autopia.

Nice ideas though.
    Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonRose View Post
    Unfortunately, your plan does this more than once. Tearing out the 3-D theater gets Kodak mad, and just after some tricky negotiations about the return of Captain Eo. And I see no way in this universe that Chevron will approve of ELECTRIC cars for the Autopia.

Nice ideas though.

If they can do electric cars somehow (or even electric that sound like gas cars) it would be great if they could use a trackless system that gets rid of the middle rail.

I have to agree on not wanting to see Mission:Space at Disneyland. Just personal preference, I know there are many that like the ride.
    Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
    ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

• Why work when you can MC?

I wonder if you could combine the Land idea with the PM. If you were to take the PM vehicles into a new indoor show building on the site of Innoventions by replacing that section of PM track with a more complicated layout inside the building, you would then be able to really jazz up the PM experience. If you really wanted to go crazy, you could even build another show building on the other side of Autopia (on the site of the old Motorboat Cruise). Speed up the vehicles on the outside and tunnel portions, and slow them down for the two show buildings and the loading area to keep the experience interesting. Theme the whole thing to Progress, for example talk about the future of automobiles while traveling over Autopia with its new electric cars, ocean exploration when over the Subs, space exploration while in Space Moutain, etc. Maybe through in a few nods to the Carousel of Progress while in the building that replaces Innoventions. You get a new experience thematically tied to the optimistic idea of Tomorrowland with some great nostalgia for past attractions.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonRose View Post
    Both of those sponsorships are ending, Chevron next year and Kodak the year after that.

I thought about that when I was thinking up the overall plan

• Your Nemesis

I think Space Mountain should have an all-indoor line. Maybe make it all indoors beginning with the actual line entrance and go from there. The current outdoor portion of the queue could be split into two parts, the first half looking like the line in WDW. The second half being a multi-colored wall that changes colors when touched. The only problem with this is that kids would likely hold up the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
    I think Space Mountain should have an all-indoor line. Maybe make it all indoors beginning with the actual line entrance and go from there. The current outdoor portion of the queue could be split into two parts, the first half looking like the line in WDW. The second half being a multi-colored wall that changes colors when touched. The only problem with this is that kids would likely hold up the line.
    I totally agree with this. If the line is going to be long, it should at least be interesting to stand in.
    Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
    1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
    1990, 1992, 1993
    2006, 2007, 2009
    2010, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World
    2000, 2001

• Can Only Wish For More!

The exit area of Space and the surrounding backstage areas are a good size to use towards a Tomorrowland attraction, however, that whole area is used for the Disney University, where they have classes/training for CM's, and parade staging.

With Honda possibly taking over the sponsorship of Autopia, it is possible to have the same Autopia that Hong Kong has. With Kodak out of the way, Disney has the whole lot where the Magic Eye Theater is to do whatever they want! A new ride, a new queue for Space, or even another shop!

Disney could move the shops/ODV over to the theater area and rebuild the Peoplemover Station! Then they could just put everything back where it was (PM and Rocket Jets), and after the PM is done, they could move things back to the new building and start redoing the area where the theater was.

Disney is supposed to be about using your imagination and the future is the unknown! You can do almost anything in Tomorrowland and it should work.
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

• Your Nemesis

Smile Re: Another new Tomorrowland! Actually feasible this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_M View Post
    I totally agree with this. If the line is going to be long, it should at least be interesting to stand in.
    Thanks. You know, this is only the second time someone has agreed with one of my posts.
    (Understandable since my first posts were pretty bad)

I really like the idea of the Star Wars Cantina restaurant. Disneyland needs more full-service restaurants, and the theme would be perfect next to Star Tours. If they wanted to spend more money, they could do an audio-animatronic band doing the cantina theme...

And definitely, get those PeopleMovers back up and running.

You are right about 3-D no longer being futuristic. (I wonder if it would be possible to do a 3-D version of CircleVision 360? Now there's something you can't find at AMC.)

As for the old Carousel of Progress building, it was specially built with one purpose in mind: to offer a series of audio-animatronic stage performances in which the audience revolves around the (stationary) stage.

They did it for the original ("Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow") show, then they did it for "America Sings". I'm for simply coming up with a brand new show and new audio-animatronic figures to perform in that revolving theatre. Get it back to its original purpose. You can't tell me that all the Imagineers at Disney can't come up with one decent show (or better yet, one GREAT show).

If they aren't going to use it for its original purpose, then the specially-built structure is a white elephant, and they should just tear it down and use the space to build some brand new ride in its place.
    Last edited by FredSimmons; 12-17-2009 at 04:27 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast