Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

Re: New Years Eve 2010 Questions

yeah cause my thought about NYE is that, this is the last few hours of the year, and i want to celebrate! it, and not be sitting for 5 hours doing nothing.

but i would like to go to disneyland on NYE, probably just once though, i don't think i can handle the crowds well
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo View Post
    This is ALL hear say, but I heard they dont let you back in.... But I could be totally wrong!
    get your hand stamped, get back in. Once your body is counted I think you're part of the overall humanscape at that point. Even if you aren't really there...you're entitled to get back in.

• keh!

my friends and i won't be able to arrive until 4pm or so because of work schedules and such, does anyone think we'll have a chance of getting into DL at that time with out having already entered in the morning with a hand stamp? I want to be in DL for the countdown, I'll settle for DCA but our #1 choice is DL : /

I hope we can make it in : (

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    my friends and i won't be able to arrive until 4pm or so because of work schedules and such, does anyone think we'll have a chance of getting into DL at that time with out having already entered in the morning with a hand stamp? I want to be in DL for the countdown, I'll settle for DCA but our #1 choice is DL : /

I hope we can make it in : (
    I would say that you have a 20% chance of getting in the first time. Watch for signs that say "Disneyland is FULL". That tells you that you can't go into DL and you'll be directed to DCA.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Lightbulb Re: New Years Eve 2010 Questions

Hello Disney fans! What are the rules for Premium Annual Passholders on NYE? Is it safe to assume that once the park is at capacity, even the Premium Annual Passholders won't be able to get in?

• starhorse

This may seem like an odd question, but - a friend of mine is visiting on New Year's Eve, and I was wondering if it would be worth it to take him to Downtown Disney late in the evening to watch the fireworks. Are they even that visible from outside the park? What's the best place to view them if you can't get into the park?

Much obliged for any info, I don't want to head up to the craziness without a better idea of what I'm getting into!
    carrying bottled skies around
    twitter.com/equustel

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Jack.Sparrow View Post
    Hello Disney fans! What are the rules for Premium Annual Passholders on NYE? Is it safe to assume that once the park is at capacity, even the Premium Annual Passholders won't be able to get in?

This is correct. I think the way they described it last year was you need a hand stamp regardless. There are different levels at which they will keep people out. In the first level, they will stop selling tickets and invite people to go to DCA instead. In the second level, they let you in with a hand stamp only, no matter what kind of ticket you have. I think the discussion mentioned that Club 33 members could still get in if they had reservations already in place.

Then there was a third level in which NOBODY gets in, hand stamp or no, until a certain amount of guests leave the park. I think this is the actual Fire Marshall threshold where it is deemed unsafe to allow one more human body into the park. At this point, members of your family might get stuck waiting in DCA or just outside waiting until the crowd numbers have come back down.

I think the common wisdom on New Year's Eve is....once you're in, stay in...especially in later afternoon hours, or you might get blocked out, even with a hand stamp.
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 12-29-2009 at 09:17 AM.

• Cherry Tart

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
    woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowww........ ........you people are crazy....

see these people i don't get. you're in the happiest place on earth, and you decide to sit on the ground for 5 hours for a bunch of fireworks? the only way i would be in one spot for 5 hours is if i'm meeting a celebrity
    Oh then you'll love this. In that photo people weren't waiting for just 5 hours. They arrived at the park and had been sitting there since 10am.

I know that because I came in to work that morning and saw them all settling in. Then I took that photo after I clocked out and they were stiiiiiill there.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

• Geek

of course i would love to be there just because it's disneyland but i HATE NYE! too many people for my liking. i would prefer a cold empty day in February :-)

I can say you are INSANE if you go on NYE. I was there on the 25th and it was stupid then. All seriousness though, I would find real estate early and defend it. If your on a bench its gonna get moved so be prepared. Bring a book, video game what ever to pass the time.....Good luck

• Pixie B

I went on Christmas and it was BANANAS! but I loved it!!! So I am going to go for NYE too just cause ya gotta do it once!!! I hear it is an experience and I don't want to miss out. Good Luck!

• keh!

ok, so we found a way to go earlier to get handstamps for sure, but one of my friends can't make it in until 11 am, so do you think chances are DL will stop letting people in by then? i hope she can get in, i remember one NYE DL was sold out a little before noon : /

• aka LIANNA

Blog Entries

That's crazy how crowded it will be! My parents left us kiddlets here at home for NYE so they could go to Disneyland... I'm kinda glad they ditched us, because I don't think I could handle the crowds. lol

I should tell them about all of these tips and stuff... I don't think my mom realizes how busy it will be.

~Lianna~

• Future Indy Castmember

Well, I'm set to go DLR on NYE! But i'll be doing the countdown at DCA!

My parents are planning to get ther around 2 or 3 but i'll try to convince them to leave earlier.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• MC's #1 Mars Volta fan

Ok everyone I'm going on NYD and I've heard crowds aren't bad until about 3 in the afternoon. Can you guys tell me how bad the crowds are going to be so I can prepare?
    The kiosk in my temporal lobe is shaped like Rosalynn Carter!
    http://mongrelarchitect.tumblr.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/coolstoryaj

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast