Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Re: if you HAD to get rid of one themed land in disneyland...

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    ToonTown

Like Critter Country & Frontierland there only one really good attraction, but Thunder Mountain & Splash Mountain trump Roger Rabbit.
    Read the OP and then make your choice, Aashee.

• MC State Comptroller

Get rid of Critter Country and the wrecking ball should START with Splash Mountain. If I want a pointless log ride I'll go to Knotts!
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Read the OP and then make your choice, Aashee.
    I'm still going with Toontown but reading the OP, Tomorrowland would be a very close 2nd.

I'd have to say Critter...no sorry, Pooh country. It's basically an eyesore now that Country Bears is gone. Considering though how close Splash Mountain is to NOS/Haunted Mansion it wouldn't be alongside the demolish-ment.
    But if I had that chance, i'd be the one with the ball demolisher screaming maniacally while destroying all of it. (And causing some of the CM's wondering if it was a good idea to let me work the heavy machinery... )
    I hate Winnie the pooh, can ya tell?

• "I Break Things"

Wow I feel like I am playing whack-a-mole... I can't decide between Frontierland, Critter, Toontown, or Tomorrowland... it used to be that Disney adhered to theme so perfectly that the thought of taking out a land was met with a firestorm of critisim (ala New Orleans expansion or Bear Country addition). Now... well now most at WDI think the word "theme" is interchangeable with "tie-in". It hurts to say it but I could go with a rebuild of Toontown themed to something more then what I can watch on a Saturday morning. I can go with a rebuild of Frontierland that has more then a runaway train. I can go with a rebuild of Tomorrowland that actually resembles a future instead of a Saturday morning video game commercial. Or I can go with an expanded Critter Country. So... um... yeah I feel like I'm playing whack-a-mole.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Big Hockey Fan

get rid of toontown

• Yeti Enthusiast

Toontown should be cleared for expansions of both Fantasyland and Frontierland.

• Banned User

Tomorrowland... what would that new land be? couldn't they turn tomorrowland into a "Discovery Bay" with the hyperon against the lagoon, retheaming the subs to 2000 leagues under the sea. Space Mountain to a sort of "Space Voyage through the stars, and finally basically dismantle the right and left buildings on the entry corridor to go to the extreme. I mean, you'd be getting rid of tomorrowland per se, while still keeping most of the attractions.

• Poor chicken!

But wait, if Frontierland is gone, where am I supposed to go shopping for generic Disney Parks merch? Oh wait nevermind....start up the dozers. We can just move the twain dock to the other side and we're good

• "I Break Things"

Quick question for the OP

Is this "demolish and build something completely different"? or is it "demolish and rebuild it correctly"?

If it is the former then I wouldn't hesitate to take out Toontown. If it is the latter then I'm back to whack-a-mole.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Tomorrowland...yawn!

It's become dated and seems like a "thorn in the side" land. If it was more like Epcot, then it would be more popular.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    Tommorowland. To replace it, we will build a land based on the future.
    hahaha agreed.

• Minion

gotta be toon town..keep roger rabbits cartoon spin by all means(andget ready for the sequel) but it was originaly not meant to be permanent .what made them change their minds?i meanits great for the lil ones but beyond that its a meet &greet salt lick,,,take it outand expand fantasyland..roger could still stay there..and then you could add in a cool fantasyland e ticket like oh i dunno..beauty and the beast. or something else there are lots of disney animated fims you could throw in there..but then the question would be..original or tie in....?

• keh!

tomorrowland, give it a brand new design and make it flow with slick linear movement. not making it flow by taking space mt.'s spires and plant them all over the land.

• Minion

Demolish and build it correctly. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was placed in the wrong location. You don't have a mountain in the center of town. The wrong feng shui. Knock it and Big Thunder Ranch down and build a version of Expedition Everest, called Expedition Denali, on the northern outskirts of Frontierland. The Disneyland Railroad can go right through the mountain. Build a new nature train in Frontierland, which goes through scenes from Yosemite, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Everglades, Carlsbad Caverns, Hawaii Volcanoes and Denali National Parks. Both the nature train and Expedition Denali load in Frontierland, the nature train loading where Big Thunder loads now, Expedition Denali loading in an area to the west of that. Build another Rainbow Caverns as a walk-through attraction that connects Fantasyland and Frontierland.
    Toontown can remain as a playground for kids. In place of Princess Fantasy Faire, build the Mary Poppins Theater with live Mary Poppins Suite shows and Peter Pan shows. Try to squeeze in a mini-land for Beauty and the Beast in the northwestern part of Fantasyland. The main buildings of Tomorrowland can remain, but move Buzz Lightyear over to DCA near Toy Story Midway Mania, move Star Tours over to Hollywood Pictures Backlot, build Adventure thru Inner Space 2.0 in its old location, a brand-new D-ticket time-travel attraction in the building that currently houses Buzz Lightyear, evict Innovations and install Carousel of Progress 2.0, get the PeopleMover running again with WALL-E vehicles, and make an entirely new film for the theater that HISTA is shown in.
    Move Autopia over to the new Carsland, with all-electric vehicles, winding through Radiator Springs and around Carsland. Put a new Skyway connecting Tomorrowland to Carsland, themed to Up. Take the area of the Autopia, the Submarine Voyage, the Motor Boat Cruise Lagoon and make that a new Aqualand, with a major E-ticket attraction inside a large volcano on the northeastern corner. The Disneyland Railroad goes right through the volcano. Something along the lines of Journey to the Center of the Earth at Tokyo. Have a boat ride on the surface of the water, Boatopia or Aquatopia, a walk-through attraction in glass tubes under the water, but keep the Submarines as is for now since they spent so much on it. Eventually it could be re-themed. New restaurant and gift shop in this new Aqualand.
    Chinatown street off Main Street as was proposed about 50 years ago. Critter Country should not have any trees removed, it should keep the lush natural look and the rustic themes of its buidings. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh should be removed and another attraction installed, possibly based on The Lion King or something involving a lot of animals. Pooh's Hunny Hunt probably would not fit unless the show building was outside the berm. Exit-only gate from Critter Country leading through an underground walkway with moving sidewalk, coming up at the Mickey & Friends parking structure. Do all these and you'll have the world's best theme park without question.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast