Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Disneylander in Arizona!

Re: if you HAD to get rid of one themed land in disneyland...

Get rid of the current Critter Country (keep Splash Mountain though), and bring back the Country Bears! Oh i miss that show...
    "It matters not how strait the gate how charged with Punishments the scroll I am the master of my fate I am the captain of my soul" -- W.E. Henley
    ***Next trip to the Disneyland® Resort***
    ***May 9, 2012***

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Demolish and build it correctly. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was placed in the wrong location. You don't have a mountain in the center of town. The wrong feng shui. Knock it and Big Thunder Ranch down and build a version of Expedition Everest, called Expedition Denali, on the northern outskirts of Frontierland. The Disneyland Railroad can go right through the mountain. Build a new nature train in Frontierland, which goes through scenes from Yosemite, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Everglades, Carlsbad Caverns, Hawaii Volcanoes and Denali National Parks. Both the nature train and Expedition Denali load in Frontierland, the nature train loading where Big Thunder loads now, Expedition Denali loading in an area to the west of that. Build another Rainbow Caverns as a walk-through attraction that connects Fantasyland and Frontierland.
    Toontown can remain as a playground for kids. In place of Princess Fantasy Faire, build the Mary Poppins Theater with live Mary Poppins Suite shows and Peter Pan shows. Try to squeeze in a mini-land for Beauty and the Beast in the northwestern part of Fantasyland. The main buildings of Tomorrowland can remain, but move Buzz Lightyear over to DCA near Toy Story Midway Mania, move Star Tours over to Hollywood Pictures Backlot, build Adventure thru Inner Space 2.0 in its old location, a brand-new D-ticket time-travel attraction in the building that currently houses Buzz Lightyear, evict Innovations and install Carousel of Progress 2.0, get the PeopleMover running again with WALL-E vehicles, and make an entirely new film for the theater that HISTA is shown in.
    Move Autopia over to the new Carsland, with all-electric vehicles, winding through Radiator Springs and around Carsland. Put a new Skyway connecting Tomorrowland to Carsland, themed to Up. Take the area of the Autopia, the Submarine Voyage, the Motor Boat Cruise Lagoon and make that a new Aqualand, with a major E-ticket attraction inside a large volcano on the northeastern corner. The Disneyland Railroad goes right through the volcano. Something along the lines of Journey to the Center of the Earth at Tokyo. Have a boat ride on the surface of the water, Boatopia or Aquatopia, a walk-through attraction in glass tubes under the water, but keep the Submarines as is for now since they spent so much on it. Eventually it could be re-themed. New restaurant and gift shop in this new Aqualand.
    Chinatown street off Main Street as was proposed about 50 years ago. Critter Country should not have any trees removed, it should keep the lush natural look and the rustic themes of its buidings. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh should be removed and another attraction installed, possibly based on The Lion King or something involving a lot of animals. Pooh's Hunny Hunt probably would not fit unless the show building was outside the berm. Exit-only gate from Critter Country leading through an underground walkway with moving sidewalk, coming up at the Mickey & Friends parking structure. Do all these and you'll have the world's best theme park without question.

shout out to Bryce Canyon! our family went there while my brother's baseball team was playing in utah. i didn't even know it existed until then.

but i think we're all forgetting one tiny little rule...

We Can't Get Rid Of ToonTown
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• Minion

Well, a portion of the Living Desert section of the old Nature's Wonderland (the Balancing Rock Canyon) was rather Bryce Canyon-esque:

The real Bryce Canyon, just 400 miles away:

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
    but i think we're all forgetting one tiny little rule...

We Can't Get Rid Of ToonTown
    lol exactly! like half the responses have been for toon town! lol i wanted to make the decision a little more hard since i thought most people would choose toon town.

but you know, maybe i should've made this thread: if you could tear down any land and rebuild a new one, what would your land be called and what would the theme be?

that seems like it'd be pretty fun...

personally toon town holds some fond memories from the few trips i made as a child and so i wouldnt want that one gone. so i'd have to go with frontierland just because thats the land i spend the least amount of time in. other than big thunder, i feel that it really doesnt have much else to offer imo. or i might go with what other people said and get rid of critter country. that place is whack lol just some how find a way to tie splash into new orleans square so we can keep that... and as for building over the new land... im not sure what i put there. bob weaver had a pretty cool idea for a new water themed land a while back with a volcano and what not. i think thatd be pretty sweet

• Banned User

Personally, I think replacing tomorrowland with discovery bay/land is a pretty win/win situation...

i say tomorrowland, Space mountain could stay and be rethemed to whatever the new land is

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    Tommorowland. To replace it, we will build a land based on the future.
    Seconded.
    Though I suppose the Critter COuntry argument has some points.

• Shag lover

Tomorrowland. I'd abandon the entire concept as a money pit.

Build a well-themed, immersive land with memorable and original attractions - with the vast acreage Tomorrowland takes up.
    Coming on a whirlwind trip 12/4 and 12/5 just to see the holiday decorations. Hope the park isn't too full of spoiled mall-goers to enjoy!

• Minion

You could have sort of a Discovery Bay/Tomorrowland hybrid. PeopleMover and Monorail tracks could remain where they are now. Really only Autopia would be the only tracks to remove, and be rebuilt in Carsland.

Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage could easily be re-themed as 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, which was removed from Walt Disney World in 1994. The Nemo stuff is mainly video projections, right? Pretty easy to remove and replace the soundtrack...

I don't see any reason why there can't be a volcano in Disneyland which erupts nightly.

Last edited by Bob Weaver; 12-10-2009 at 08:46 PM.

• ---------------

toon is the easy way out
    but it's also the best choice.
    TL just needs lots of love.
    I agree CC may not have the rides we love, but it's got the nice comfy feel back there (minus the crowds).
    I really like the tall trees and the little creek that goes by (it's just a cramped land).
    I'd keep Frontierland over Adventureland (nothing against the rides/theme (for the most part)....it's just also very cramped)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

^ yo bob whered you get the art work? that looks like itd be soooo amazing lol

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by tikicub View Post
    Tomorrowland. I'd abandon the entire concept as a money pit.

Build a well-themed, immersive land with memorable and original attractions - with the vast acreage Tomorrowland takes up.
    besides autopia (and that has even been changed)
    there's really nothing that has Walt's handprints in the land.
    They've destroyed any vision that Walt had for that area.
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 12-10-2009 at 08:56 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

yeah those drawings were a little...umm...actually i was a little scared.
    it looked really complicated, and the sky was rather dark looking

but other than that, it looked really really good!
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

ya so i was reading another thread which was pretty much the same thing as thing one from a few years back and someone mentioned the idea of a villian's themed land. i think that would be soooo cool. like make it adjacent to fantasyland and have attractions based on disney villians. with the success of halloween screams and overall halloween time this year where the villians came into play a bit i think that would be a really cool idea. any thoughts on this?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast