Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Re: (briefly)stuck on the drop on pirates

I've never seen or heard of that before! Too funny! I'd love to have to shake things up a bit!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    It's happened a few times during MiceChat meets. We've actually had to have 3 cast members come out and hoist us down the hills. Yeah, it's all about the heft.
    And one time, one of the MiceChat Boats was stuck partway over the falls, and the "pirate shuffle" didn't work. They had to take us off the boat, and the micechatters in the front two or three rows had to crawl over the seats, to get to a row where the could get off!

• Minion

Now THAT would have been scary - what if the boat suddenly went down the drop when you were halfway off of it?

• Pumpkin Dragon

Haha! That happened to me before. I was on the ride with meh friends JJ and Angel and we got stuck! The cast member came 20 minutes later, but during that time we did the meow meow mix thing XD I swear the people in the boat behind us were yelling at us to stop! When the cast membah told us to shake the boat we did, and we did the meow moew thing during the shaking! I luff JJ and Angel, they're my idiots XD
    STOP CHEWING MY SHOELACES! D:

Ahh! The project is on fire! D:
    This fire has delayed our signature redesigning, Excuse the smoke...and the burnt pixie dust...
    I SUPPORT THE RETURN OF THE HATBOX GHOST!

• Minion

It took them 20 minutes to get to you? What would they do if someone was having a heart attack? Did you guys try to shake the boat before the CM got there?

• Trashmasher with Style

Quote Originally Posted by disney-fan-reborn View Post
    Also, could the generally heavier population be the reason they changed the design of the logs on Splash Mountain? If I'm not mistaken, people used to get A LOT wetter on that ride. Could it be because we are a generally heavier population now than before? And because of that, they changed the design of the logs so the added weight wouldn't submerge the log as much?
    Well, they already HAVE a submarine ride.

My guess, though, is that they got tired of complaints about drenched cameras, phones, etc.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Wow that would be awesome to just shake it! ahah!

• Future theatre actress <3

Where the crypt doors creak and the tombstones quake

hahah never heard of that! lolz! well ppl are more obese now so maybe the boat got stuck! lolz thanks for sharing!
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

• Pumpkin Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    It took them 20 minutes to get to you? What would they do if someone was having a heart attack? Did you guys try to shake the boat before the CM got there?
    I heard screaming a few boats behind us...Not sure what it was. It was at the end of the ramp before the first drop, I looked behind me but i didnt get to see the cause. Actually, Angel suggested for us to shake the boat witch i rejected that idea, i was scared of something bad would happen!
    STOP CHEWING MY SHOELACES! D:

Ahh! The project is on fire! D:
    This fire has delayed our signature redesigning, Excuse the smoke...and the burnt pixie dust...
    I SUPPORT THE RETURN OF THE HATBOX GHOST!

• Minion

What in the world would they do if there was a fire there?

What in the world would they do if there was a fire there?
    get in the water? water cant get lit on fire, the water is shallow enough to stand in lol.

• Minion

Sure, but smoke inhalation can be deadly too. And what temperature is the water? People could suffer hypothermia. What shocks me is that it took them 20 minutes to respond to a stuck boat. How long would it take them to respond to an earthquake, fire or medical emergency? Well I guess they could convert Pirates to another ghost ride.

Sure, but smoke inhalation can be deadly too. And what temperature is the water? People could suffer hypothermia. What shocks me is that it took them 20 minutes to respond to a stuck boat. How long would it take them to respond to an earthquake, fire or medical emergency? Well I guess they could convert Pirates to another ghost ride.

Chill, it took them 20 minutes to decide to respond by sending a castmember to a stuck boat, which is a non-life threating event. I am sure there first course of action was to see if the other boats coming in behind the stuck boat would have enough power to nudge it back into foward progress.

Regardless, the evacuation of an ride is not a fast process. Ever been stuck on the lift of a roller coaster that has a shoulder harness? yeah, expect to spend some time there before they manage to get to you and unlock your seat and get you out. If there was a fire or earthquake or an earthquake that caused a fire that cause aforemention coaster to break down while attempting to pull the train up the hill.... well, you get the point... it ain't going to be a pretty.

A 20 minute response time to a situation as low-key as this is of absolute no concern of mine, at least from a safety stand point. But it does annoy the crap out of me when this happens and I miss Fantasmic or the Fireworks or some other live event because of the delay.

I was stuck at the bottom of the lift back to the unloading area for 1 hour and no CM unloaded the boat (there was only 3 of us so no weight problem there).

What everyone needs to remember is Disney has tons of cameras on their guest at all times on their rides, they probably saw that no one was hurt or freaking out so they tried to fix the ride on their end before interrupting the experience...

• Sock Puppet

The 'Pirate Shuffle'?
    Is that like a dance or something? lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast