Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Woodland
    Posts
    79

    (briefly)stuck on the drop on pirates

    A few years ago in 2007 i went on pirates of the Caribbean, at the top of the drop where the skull dude is talking we stopped moving and a cast member came on and said something like "ahoy there mateys, it appears your boat is stuck, please shake the boat loose"

    is/was this a common thing? i found it hilarious, everyone started shaking violently and we fell down the drop. just curious if anyone experienced something similar.

  2. #2

    • Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clovis, Ca
    Posts
    13,191

    Re: (briefly)stuck on the drop on pirates

    i've never heard of that

    but it is really funny!
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

  3. #3

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    522

    Re: (briefly)stuck on the drop on pirates

    That is EXACTLY the reason (in part) they had to do such a major referb on the canal of IASW! They kept bottoming out because people are generally heavier now than they were 40-50 years ago. I wonder if today's generally heavier guests are starting to become a factor for POTC as well. Interesting.

    Also, could the generally heavier population be the reason they changed the design of the logs on Splash Mountain? If I'm not mistaken, people used to get A LOT wetter on that ride. Could it be because we are a generally heavier population now than before? And because of that, they changed the design of the logs so the added weight wouldn't submerge the log as much?

    I'm just asking and speculating here. Please correct me if I'm wrong on the log redesign. And please, I'm NOT trying to offend anyone, I'm actually theorizing about a possible reason for such problems based on what we know about the recent increase of obesity in general.
    Last edited by disney-fan-reborn; 12-10-2009 at 11:31 PM.

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    East Flats
    Posts
    195

    Re: (briefly)stuck on the drop on pirates

    Sorry, but when you go down the drops and come back up your boat is not really a boat anymore, it's more of a trolley. The boats have wheels on the bottom for going down and up those waterfalls.

    Maybe the boat you were in had a sticky wheel?

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Woodland
    Posts
    79

    Re: (briefly)stuck on the drop on pirates

    Quote Originally Posted by disney-fan-reborn View Post
    That is EXACTLY the reason (in part) they had to do such a major referb on the canal of IASW! They kept bottoming out because people are generally heavier now than they were 40-50 years ago. I wonder if today's generally heavier guests are starting to become a factor for POTC as well. Interesting.

    Also, could the generally heavier population be the reason they changed the design of the logs on Splash Mountain? If I'm not mistaken, people used to get A LOT wetter on that ride. Could it be because we are a generally heavier population now than before? And because of that, they changed the design of the logs so the added weight wouldn't submerge the log as much?

    I'm just asking and speculating here. Please correct me if I'm wrong on the log redesign. And please, I'm NOT trying to offend anyone, I'm actually theorizing about a possible reason for such problems based on what we know about the recent increase of obesity in general.

    i am of the pleasantly plump persuasion and when i went on splash and sat in the very back seat, water poured in, the back sunk in pretty deep lol. i got really wet, along with everyone else in my log, but like i said, im a big guy. my mom says i am Sasquatch sized

  6. #6

    •   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    37,981

    Re: (briefly)stuck on the drop on pirates

    It's happened a few times during MiceChat meets. We've actually had to have 3 cast members come out and hoist us down the hills. Yeah, it's all about the heft.

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Woodland
    Posts
    79

    Re: (briefly)stuck on the drop on pirates

    haha, in my experience Disneyland has always been pretty fatboy friendly. at all other amusement parks i dont fit on any of the roller coasters, but at disneyland i never have trouble, even with the older rides. these situations are the only problems Ive heard of weight wise.

    walking my fat butt around disneyland always helps chisel away a few pounds though.

  8. #8

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    27

    Re: (briefly)stuck on the drop on pirates

    Yeah, Disneyland has got some great rides, including "This one." That splashdown is Incredible! (it really is)

  9. #9

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,773
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: (briefly)stuck on the drop on pirates

    It happens occasionally. Then you have to do the "Pirate Shuffle" to jar the boat loose. It happened to me once, with a boat full of MiceChatters and everyone in the boat cheered because we knew we'd get to do the Pirate Shuffle!




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  10. #10

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,152

    Re: (briefly)stuck on the drop on pirates

    That is funny!

  11. #11

    • The Original LOST BOY
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    379

    Re: (briefly)stuck on the drop on pirates

    Quote Originally Posted by gumpyyy View Post
    i am of the pleasantly plump persuasion and when i went on splash and sat in the very back seat, water poured in, the back sunk in pretty deep lol. i got really wet, along with everyone else in my log, but like i said, im a big guy. my mom says i am Sasquatch sized
    I'm 6'3 & built pretty big. not necessarily PLUMP, but u catch my drift. I notice when I sit in the FRONT on Splash Mtn, the top of the log almost goes ALL THE WAY into the water... & gets EVERYONE soaked in the log. (just a little tip I noticed)
    The Original LOST BOY

  12. #12

    •   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    37,981

    Re: (briefly)stuck on the drop on pirates

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsFREAKS View Post
    I'm 6'3 & built pretty big. not necessarily PLUMP, but u catch my drift. I notice when I sit in the FRONT on Splash Mtn, the top of the log almost goes ALL THE WAY into the water... & gets EVERYONE soaked in the log. (just a little tip I noticed)
    Big people in the front of Splash get water assaulted. Riders beware.

  13. #13

    • The Original LOST BOY
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    379

    Re: (briefly)stuck on the drop on pirates

    hahahahaha!
    The Original LOST BOY

  14. #14

    •   
    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Laguna Beach,CA
    Posts
    7,185
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: (briefly)stuck on the drop on pirates

    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    It happens occasionally. Then you have to do the "Pirate Shuffle" to jar the boat loose. It happened to me once, with a boat full of MiceChatters and everyone in the boat cheered because we knew we'd get to do the Pirate Shuffle!
    most time on the Anniversary (micechatters) try to get one boat to do the Pirate Shuffle
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan





    Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

    Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

  15. #15

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,416

    Re: (briefly)stuck on the drop on pirates

    They ought to make it so every boat has to do the "Pirate Shuffle" before going down the drop. That would make it more interactive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 02:24 PM
  2. Circle-Vision 360 reopened briefly after 9/11
    By PhaseBlue in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 12:05 AM
  3. Stuck on Pirates, 9-25-06 (video + pics)
    By MissChristine in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-25-2006, 10:48 PM
  4. Stuck on Pirates for 45 minutes today!
    By ManaByte in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-17-2006, 02:10 PM
  5. Stuck on Pirates for an hour last nite 6/30
    By Bmxmom in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 07-04-2006, 05:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •