Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

12/3-8: Skillful and Delicious: A Christmas Kuzcochik Trip Report

Here it is my friends, the long awaited December edition of the Kuzcochik Trip Report (and what will be my final for the year. Everybody go Aww!) Oh and cookies to anyone who gets the ref in the title... it's not that difficult, but I'm a dork :P

Anyway, I'm cheating with this tr as we didn't really start at Disneyland, but I'm too lazy to start a seperate thread so you'll get these pics as well. Consider them a bonus!

Cause on Thursday, Darkwing Chuck and I jumped in the car and drove to Hollywood. Our first stop was the Disney Soad Fountain for lunch (not pictured) and our second stop was the Walt Disney Studios.
    we had tickets to the 7pm showing of the Princess and the Frog and the Ultimate Disney Experience! We got to the studios and tried to check in but the guy up front told us my name wasn't on the will call list. I nearly started crying. He let us in anyway since we had a parking pass and we hurried to park. At the welcome center they still couldn't find our tickets so they looked up my name. It was in the system, but they couldn't print the tickets. After a bunch of trying, someone went back to check and found that they had been filed wrong. Big relief and I didn't have to cry! Woot!

I was glad to have calmed down and when we turned into the studio, who do we see but the mouse himself

Mickey gave me a big hug and I felt a million times better. (despite my hair looking insane :P)

We sat down for the film and without spoiling it, dear god it's amazing! I've actually seen it twice now as of writing this and I can't stop gushing about the whole thing. Hooray Disney magic.

After the movie they led us over to the Ultimate Princess experience. Virtually every princess was present and ready to meet guest. The first one we saw was Ariel. She told me she remembered me and we talked about my aurora shirt

and she was quite adorable and much fun

We then headed over to Snow White who was also adorable (Darkwing Chuck was infatuated with her :P)

She had the perfect mix of cute snow white-ness w/ out being annoying. I approve!!

After looking around at some of the props like the live action model for Tiana's ballgown

We had signed up for a studio tour so we did that next. It was fun to do, but I think I'm jaded having taken a wonderful more inclusive tour of the studio before. Also you could tell the tour guides were Disneyland tour guides that had only been given a crash course in the studio as the security guard w/ us knew more than our guide. (Oh and I should point out that I was recognized twice from Micechat! :P That's what I get for plastering my mug all over this place.... no seriously, it was hilarious )
    The sign over the theater

Darkwing Chuck wanted to see if anyone inside would give him a job (and if they had an Back to the Future posters)

He approves of IMD

The cards the cards the cards will tell

There's no way I am kissin' a frog and eatin' a bug on the same day

Our next stop was legends plaza. Dopey looks awesome w/ his santa hat

Darkwing Chuck posing near the handprints of Julie Andrews & the Sherman Brothers

This is Disney Legend Tim Allen's handprints.... this is my "really?" face... it's kind of a long story (and by long I mean dorky)

The Legends Plaza with messed up ISO

Someday we will have the real thing

Until then we shall stand proudly by the big old replica of it

Mickey and Walt in the Legends Plaza

Oh and for the record: I still want this dress and I'm sure they wouldn't miss it if I just took it with me

Look, Mickey's 50th garb

Back in the princess experience, the lines were pretty much gone and all the princesses seemed bored. That was okay with us cause that meant we got more time with them
    We first talked to Aurora

Let me just put an aside in here that I love the backdrops they had for the princesses. Too cute

Darkwing Chuck got his time with Ariel

And she was still awesome!! (seriously, she's my favorite... like ever)

We also went to see Cinderella

Belle was the prettiest thing I have ever seen

There was also Mulan. She was very nice but was acting a little too princess-y for Mulan. Not sure if that makes sense but I hope someone understands what I mean.

She did make Darkwing Chuck do the best pose ever (channeling Captain Hammer much)

Poca had had a short line the whole time but she was also really nice. I seriously can't complain about any of the princesses we saw.

They were all wonderful

Next we saw Jasmine. She also made Darkwing Chuck do a fantastic pose.

She loved my coat and said they had nothing like it in Agrabah. I told her she should have Aladdin go out on carpet and get her something like it :P

Our last princess of the night was Tiana, who had a line the whole time we were there. It was shortest when we got over there and we watched all the other princesses who were bored b/c no one was coming to see them
    Cindy was dancing

Ariel was excited about something

Pretty Princess Tiana!

Darkwing Chuck told her that he wished she had some bingets cause they looked delicious in the movie. She said she'd have to whip some up

After buying some cupcakes that were absolutely delcious it was time to leave the disney studios

Lit up castle on the side of a soundstage

Jessie says "Bye Ya'll"

The Mickey water tower

And the final pic of the night that has nothing to do with Disneyland at all. Here's the nighttime version of the Warner Brothers animation billboard. I still miss the old one that featured all of my 90's faves, but this one looks awesome at night cause the Batman Villains come out

Anyway, that's all for day one. I promise there will be Disneyland in the next post or else this post would be in the wrong place and I'd feel bad and all that. To Be Continued Tomorrow

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Re: 12/3-8: Skillful and Delicious: A Christmas Kuzcochik Trip Report

Awesome KC, as always!! I am jealous of you and verybody else who went to see "The Princess And The Frog!!" I want to go!

• Shablagoo!

Wow! A Kuzcochik Christmastime trip report. That is even better than getting a Pinnacle Chip for Christmas.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

KC TR!!

Awesome start, and I SO can't wait to see the rest! Even though I'll have to. Just a minor technicality. Really- it is. :/

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

That's awesome that you saw the WB billboard. I drive by there every once in awhile and want to take a photo too.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

omg!!!! pocahontas!!!!!!!!! aaaaaaahh!!!!!!!!! i am soooooo jealous! and envious! and....and....amazed!!!! she's my favorite princess made in the 90's!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• Yeah.....

Man, I so wanted to do the disney studios preview thing, but when I went to buy tickets, it was all sold out you guys, and anyone else that got to go were lucky!

• Say Cheese!

Nice report so far!

Not trying to hijack your thread, but I recently shot one of the girls who portrays Pocahontas at the Disney Studios. I'm not sure how many girls portray her, but this is the one I shot recently. Her name is ****. I can't tell if it's **** in your photo due to the make-up etc.

Last edited by penguinsoda; 12-13-2009 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Removed CM name for privacy reasons

• Say Cheese!

Yay! I found her!

• Senior Minion

I have to ask...where DID you get your Aurora shirt???? Me likey!!!!
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Wow! A Kuzcochik Christmastime trip report. That is even better than getting a Pinnacle Chip for Christmas.
    Gonna admit, that made me laugh far harder than it should have

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Didymus View Post
    Man, I so wanted to do the disney studios preview thing, but when I went to buy tickets, it was all sold out you guys, and anyone else that got to go were lucky!
    We lucked out and got our tickets through the Disney Pictures Facebook page. They were cheaper than they should have been but only available for Thursday but we dealt w/ it

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    That's awesome that you saw the WB billboard. I drive by there every once in awhile and want to take a photo too.
    I had seen it before and was pretty unimpressed (as I said I miss the old one a lot) The blacklight effect on it is super cool though so it made it almost okay that they got rid of the old one

Quote Originally Posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
    I have to ask...where DID you get your Aurora shirt???? Me likey!!!!
    I got my Aurora shirt a few years back at the Disney Store. They had a line of women's shirts that had Aurora, Snow White, Alice & (I think) Tink and they're awesome (I have all but Tink) they also had jeans & purses and jackets. I love them

With that all said, on to part 2. Guess what, we were actually in Disneyland on Friday. We left for the park later than usual and got there around 12. We ate lunch at La Brea and then went inside the park. After a few rides we decided to watch Tiana's Showboat Jubilee.

I had seen the show before b/c I was at the park a few weeks before but Darkwing Chuck hadn't seen it at all (and I hadn't seen it since seeing the movie).

While we stood waiting who should magically materialize behind us but Micechat's own Aladdin (Small world and all that)
    The show started w/ a processional the New Orleans

Disney's hottest couple... I might have stolen that from Littlecricket, but it's because it's true

Omg donut backpack *Homer drool*

While I was distracted, everyone made it one the boat safe and sound

Tiana says "Hey ya'll welcome to our Jubilee!" (Naveen is not paying attention b/c he has important dancing to do)

And they were goin' down the Bayou

Tiana told us about how she was Almost There

Louis wants to be human... Naveen thinks that's whack!

Facillier decided to crash the party and it's okay cause he's is so freaking cool

He's got friends on the other side

And he's quite "dapper" at that

Naveen realizes he's made a bad choice (side note: I have a terrible terrible fangirl-y crush on Naveen... I thought I should just admit that now )

I think this is my favorite picture. They look like they're feeling the music so much

"And I was like 'ya know whatever'"

It was indeed a Jubilee!!

We decided to catch the processional as they retreated and see if we could get in the show, but they were already out of tickets for the day. So we watched them parade back through NOS
    Dramatic New Orleans pose is dramatic

Once they were gone we decided to head back to the Court of Angels to meet Tiana and Naveen themselves.
    [Warning disgustingly cute story to follow!!] We got in the fairly short line to meet the new princess and her prince. Right behind us in line was a little girl dressed in all pink from her princess dress to her princess hat. I told her I liked her hat and all the pink and we ended up talking the whole time we were in line. Her name was Kailey and she liked my pins and we talked about of favorite princesses and fairies and the like. She was the cutest thing I had ever seen... it was our turn in line so we went up and met Tiana and Naveen

I love love love tiana's warm wear and I love both of their costumes regardless of what anyone says.

Look! A pic of Darkwing Chuck and I actually together that wasn't taken at arm length! (ignore the photopass quality of this )

Aladdin got his picture taken too and then we left to get spots for the last Tiana show of the day. I left the boys by the water and headed to the bathroom. I got in line and all of a sudden hear "Sally!" yelled behind me. It was Kailey and her mom! So Kailey started talking to me again and it was my turn to go in and her mom had to tell her she couldn't follow me and she burst into tears! It was so sad and adorable.
    So once I got out I waited around b/c I wasn't going to be responsible for that child crying all night. She gave me a hug and said that maybe she'd see me at the Tiana show. I went back up to the water and we waited for a bit and I hear my name called again. There was my pink princess friend again. She and her mom watched the show with us and it was all too adorable.
    Too much text! Here's some pics thanks to Darkwing Chuck
    This guest on the end was fabulous!!!

Fancy umbrella ella ella eh eh ehs

Is Facillier gonna have to cut a b*tch

Aww, puppy dog Naveen. I've decided he's a cross between Kuzco from Emperor's New Groove & Pepe the Prawn from the Muppets (Think about it!)

Just wish upon that wishing star...

The show ended and it was time for Kailey and her mom to meet back up w/ their friends (did I mention the girl had a playmate her onw age w/ her but she wanted to hang out with me more. *dies of cute*)
    After the show they shoot of streamers and Kailey's mom gave her two of them. She handed me one and said "we'll keep these and it'll mean we'll be friends forever"!

We had to take pictures to commemorate the event Smiley faces

and crazy faces!

We left them and headed through Frontierland where we left Aladdin as well. DC and I kept talking about what had just happened and I nearly cried. Lame and cliche as it sounds, it was Disney magic pure and simple!

Our next stop was Santa's Reindeer Roundup where we met Pluto

He was very festive

We moved on to Toon Town and got in line for a Cartoon Spin. I went blind and had to feel Darkwing Chuck's face to know who he was... probably better not to explain

Toon Town is one of the most festive places in Dl and I love it during the holidays
    Here's Minnie's house

Darkwing Chuck decided to take a nap there (Minnie didn't seem to mind as her couches are terribly uncomfortable)

And Mickey's in the scenic Toon Town Hills

And Goofy's no longer bouncy house

We decided to end the night with some Haunted Mansion Holiday

Lookin Creepy outside the Mansion

We stopped in front of the ballroom which made for a good shot of Zero

And an okay shot of the dancing monkey couple in the ballroom. Cute addition!

The moon looked awesome over Tomorrowland and this picture doesn't do it justice really

And finally we end w/ the coolest car/license plate ever! It should be mine

That's all for Friday. Saturday... well Saturday I will be cheating again cause we kinda didn't go to Disneyland that day... but I'll tell you more about that w/ the next update

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    Gonna admit, that made me laugh far harder than it should have
    We aim to please.

Great stuff once again and I eagerly wait for more.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

You took AWESOME photos, Kuzcochik! I'm really impressed!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Yet Another fun trip to the parks via your trip reports! Thanks!

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

ur TR made my gloomy and boring monday..into a bright sunshiney day..Thanks Kuzcochk!!
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast