• no flash photography...

Fun In The Rain - 12/12/2009

This is the first time I've been to DL since July 2009. I love going in the rain. I'm from the very cold in winter high desert, so going down to the valley in winter feels very warm to me. It was great. Thanks to the umbrella we stayed dry and warm all day.

I had three goals in mind; get christmas gifts, go on HMH and TOT, and hopefully meet some fellow mice chatters.

These are some random phone pictures.

I had lots of time to take pictures. The line was not moving.

We were then told the ride was broke. We left and never returned to ride it. Maybe next year.

DCA:

I love this ride, but I can't get past the beaver level.

These were so cute:

But we bought this one. It was so good. It reminded me of thin mint cookies.

I have more pictures on the camera still....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: Fun In The Rain - 12/12/2009

Thanks for those cell phone shots, SCUBAbe. Yesterday was amazing in the rain, but I could only stay until 9:30 AM or so. I hope we get much more rain this year as we are still in a drought and I can never get enough of Disneyland in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    Thanks for those cell phone shots, SCUBAbe. Yesterday was amazing in the rain, but I could only stay until 9:30 AM or so. I hope we get much more rain this year as we are still in a drought and I can never get enough of Disneyland in the rain.
    we left around 2pm. The kids had stayed up all night playing video games, so they were fading fast.

I'm trying to get the pictures off the camera. The cable is missing and the card reader is not working.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

I personally am not a fan of Disneyland in the rain due to the cancelled entertainment (and even some attractions).

Maybe I just had a bad experience. Last February it POORED on Friday the 13th (yes i know, coincidence LOL). Funny thing was there wasn't a cloud in the sky until noon. Then what do you know, it starts POORING HARD for the rest of the day.

The park had already filled up during the sun, and once the rain came down that didn't filter out any of the crowds whatsoever. None of the lines decreased (actually they kind of increased since Tea Pots, BTMRR, etc. were temporarily shut down). Basically nobody was expecting it to rain (I saw maybe 1 or 2 umbrellas and thousands of ponchos)

Yeah, not the best experience for me.... But glad you had fun!

Finally found the cable for the camera!! I had lost the charger for my favorite travel camera, but lucky for us cameras are never in short supply at our house so I grabbed what was charged.

So, we got to the park and I went straight to the gallery in search of gifts. I did not find what I wanted. The next stop was disneyana where I did find vinylmations for me, but not the gift I wanted. We tried the china closet and the emporium...again came up empty handed. So we headed to adventureland.

While walking to the jungle cruise I realized I had walked into the park without seeing the tree or the castle. I admit I'm not into christmas, but I usually notice those. My daughter did not see them either, but she had other issues to deal with. My daughter bought her pass on the payment plan and it usually charges on the 12th. It had not charged yet so every time we tried to enter the park she was blocked and we had to wait for a lead to override it. It was mildly annoying.

Anyway, we went on jungle cruise, indy, skipped POTC, because it's not a must do and went to HMH.

My daughter and I waiting for HMH. Naturally curly hair does not do well in wet conditions, so it is pulled back.

as previously mentioned it was down, so we decided to head to DCA for lunch. On the way out we paid attention to the tree.

The kids and the tree.

The tree.

about this time my daughter reminded me to look at the castle.

zooming in.,

plants by the tree...pretty

The last picture inside DL.

We had lunch at the soup bowl place. They had these cute bread creations out.

We headed over to TSM. This was out for santa I think. It looked very festive.

misc pictures around the water.

SCUBA divers

On the way to TOT we finally found the gift in off the page. YEAH!!!!

The hollywood Street.

That's about it. We heading home after TOT. The kids were very tired and I wanted to get home. We didn't get to meet up with any micechatters, but we had fun on our brief trip. Disney is the best in the rain!!!

Driving home was not the best, but considering the conditions it wasn't to bad.

• 1 man can make a difernce

I wonder what those scuba divers were doing.
    Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

Quote Originally Posted by Gino USMC View Post
    I wonder what those scuba divers were doing.
    I think they were working on the belegio style water show.