Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• "I Break Things"

Re: Pixar and Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    Well said Skip!
    thanks... found the quote as well

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins
    The clash between Pixar and Disneyland is stylistic and aesthetic, but it's deeper than that. In comparison to classic era Disney feature animation characters, the personalities of Pixar characters aren't softer; they are comedically edgier, culturally more hip, and infinitely more self-aware. Which makes them a perfect fit for the modern Pixar stories they're cast in, but dissonant with the story sensibility of classic Disneyland.

Disneyland was created by an animation studio with a long established storytelling style. They applied the same cultural sensibility, story style and film sense to Disneyland's creation and the classic WED years that followed as they had to their previous two decades of animated feature films.

What modern Pixar and classic Disney share in common is the enormous sense of heart and character appeal. Pixar characters and classic Disney characters tug on our same heartstrings -- but in different ways that play different tunes. Which is as it should and must be: they are the creations of different filmmakers born into different times, who express themselves with different sensibilities.

Some Disneyland customers feel the difference; I think most do not. The older Disneyland fans and the respective studios' filmmakers definitely feel it. The ones who don't are the Disney businessmen who jam them together willy-nilly -- hey, toons are toons, eh? No matter than Woody the Toy Puppet doesn't fit in Frontierland any more than Kermit the Frog fits in Fantasyland, if Disney's purchase of Hinson had gone through ten years ago that's exactly what you'd see today.

Along with a new generation of Disneyland customers who don't feel the difference.
    thread is now locked can be read at the following link
    Do Pixar movies need their own land to fit in?

I feel this is by far the best description I have read of the differences between Disney and Pixar.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• hi!

i agree with techskip.

i'm a really big fan of Pixar. so much that i prefer their movies/films over Disney's recent attempts, both hand-drawn and CGI alike (i'll make an exception for Bolt though. in my opinion, one of disney's most pixar-esque calibur films).

i'm one who actually LIKES the fact that there's a lot of Pixar in the parks.. but i'm very disappointed in the execution, like techskip says. if the Pixar rides/attractions were anywhere close to how Disney has been executed in the past, i'd actually prefer those attractions over the 'classic' Disney ones by miles.
    -plagued

• "I Break Things"

Before I become the poster child for high quality Pixar attractions... I want to state for the record that I would prefer unique original attractions that are not taken from a movie. I believe that WDI's inability to make an original attraction now is directly related to the repeated decisions to base every attraction off of a movie. It is entirely possible to loose your creative edge if others feed you the story and characters. WDI has been degraded to a point where they now appear incapable of even designing a land without having a built in movie tie-in. The sad thing is that the adaptations are supposed to be the easy part, someone else did the creative thinking for you... and yet somehow the adaptations aren't even up to the high standards many expect from Disney.

Someone else has a quote from Tony Baxter describing Nemo as a high quality E Ticket attraction...

• hi!

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Someone else has a quote from Tony Baxter describing Nemo as a high quality E Ticket attraction.
    fail.
    -plagued

• "I Break Things"

Considering the proliferation of Disney Pixar threads all I can say is

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Before I become the poster child for high quality Pixar attractions... I want to state for the record that I would prefer unique original attractions that are not taken from a movie. I believe that WDI's inability to make an original attraction now is directly related to the repeated decisions to base every attraction off of a movie. It is entirely possible to loose your creative edge if others feed you the story and characters. WDI has been degraded to a point where they now appear incapable of even designing a land without having a built in movie tie-in. The sad thing is that the adaptations are supposed to be the easy part, someone else did the creative thinking for you... and yet somehow the adaptations aren't even up to the high standards many expect from Disney.

Someone else has a quote from Tony Baxter describing Nemo as a high quality E Ticket attraction...
    I do agreed with you and this statement!
    WDI has been degraded!
    I do not think they need to base every attraction off of a movies!

I would Love Disney just let WDI do there job........
    ....and let them come up
    an Atraction that fit the Parks not a Movie promotion....
    Just tell sale people just keep there nose OUT of the way of WDI !

But, I for one ,do think Pixar as been an over kill to Disney parks!
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12