Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Re: Mac Daddy's Fall/Winter 2009 Photo Extravaganza

All I can say is WOW! I remember when you first started posting pictures here Mac Daddy, and I was impressed then, but now I'm just amazed by your talent. You have developed so many more techniques and varieties of special effects that are absolutley stunning. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful pictures!

• MC, this is LD

This shot should be the logo for the litter box...

**Facepalm**

Anywho, great shots Mac Daddy!!! I may have to steal some of these for my desktop loop! I especially love the HDR shots!

--KAN

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

To dmtmt55, Orbitalpunk, Hot Sauce 1, Wendygirl, dmomof4, JavertHL, MickeyMaxx, Lolo, Sleepybear, GummiBears_Rock, Darkfairycthulu, and Villains Fan...thank you so much for your encouraging comments.

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    Great pictures........ and you are having way too much fun with photoshop.
    Yes I am. Is it too obvious? Sometimes I get carried away with the selective color thing, but there are times when I feel like it really adds another dimension to the photo. I'm lightyears away from some of the processing that I've seen on flickr, but I'm trying to pick up bits and pieces where I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    Your pictures are.......breathtaking. Truly amazing. I can't decide which is my favorite...the one of Tiana laughing, the mardi gras people crossing the street, or Murphy.

Have you ever thought of printing one and maybe taking it to the parks and giving it to the people you photograph? Like the Tiana picture? I would imagine that would be a truly unforgettable keepsake. I know I'd treasure something like that.
    This is a great thought! Assuming that I could work up enough nerve to do this, I would want to be sure that it was the right Tiana. I think they have two or three that are doing the show, and I would want to be sure she didn't think I was some kind of freaky stalker...but if she liked the photo, I would certainly want her to have a copy. Hmmm....Have to think about that some more.

Quote Originally Posted by KAN View Post
    This shot should be the logo for the litter box...

**Facepalm**

Anywho, great shots Mac Daddy!!! I may have to steal some of these for my desktop loop! I especially love the HDR shots!

--KAN
    This guy cracks me up. He's at the entrance to the FP area outside the Haunted Mansion and looks completely exasperated. The litterbox seems like the perfect place for him.

Part II should be up shortly....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Part II - Holiday Decorations 09 & Holiday Misc

I thought I would begin with some of my more recent photos. In this section, I wanted to begin with reflections of ornaments that are scattered throughout both parks. Hopefully you'll be able to tell where each ornament was located from its reflection:

More random holiday photos...

For Part III, click here
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 12-20-2009 at 08:43 PM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Pretty clever fresh holiday themed idea, MacDaddy! Stunning Christmas tree bulb reflections of the Rivers of America. You even gave a clue... via the New Orleans Mardi Gras mask that, in turn, reminded me of Tiana's Showboat Jubilee.

These bulbs appear to me to reflect Ariel's Grotto resataurant at DCA. This is one of my favorite eateries. Also, I noticed how your picture includes three prominent bulbs that form a hidden Mickey.

Paradise Pier is beautifully captured in this red bulb.

Yo! Pluto! looks like Santa's going to have a reigndog to help pull his sleigh this year.

This decorated old jelopy really stands out. This is an extremely fun grouping of pictures that you presented. Fantastic work! You really outdid yourself.

Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-16-2009 at 12:08 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• far, far away from DL

Wow, such beautiful pictures. I have never been to Disneyland but have seen many pictures. But you have given me a different perspective of Disneyland. Disneyland is a beautiful place in many different ways. Thank you for showing me a different side of Disneyland.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I can't pick a favorite, they are absolutely stunning. The castle shots, the reflections in the ornaments, Tomorrowland, Matterhorn, Mickey. Sigh. SO much awesome.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

These are amazing. Your pictures make me want to rush back to the park and keep practicing picture taking. I'm not going to pick a favorite because each one is special and unique in its own way.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Wow, your photos are breathtaking. Very well done, sir. Thanks so much for sharing them, several make me feel like I'm actually there.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    I can't pick a favorite, they are absolutely stunning. The castle shots, the reflections in the ornaments, Tomorrowland, Matterhorn, Mickey. Sigh. SO much awesome.
    Identifying the Disneyland and DCA reflections in the ornaments is half the fun. I didn't spot the Matterhorn's image like you did, d-smartypantsmom. Gonna sleuth-up and Get 'er Done!

Watch out, here I come.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-16-2009 at 08:01 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post

This is a great thought! Assuming that I could work up enough nerve to do this, I would want to be sure that it was the right Tiana. I think they have two or three that are doing the show, and I would want to be sure she didn't think I was some kind of freaky stalker...but if she liked the photo, I would certainly want her to have a copy. Hmmm....Have to think about that some more.
    No, definitely do it- she'll love it. Even if you go to the parks and it looks like that friend of Tiana's isn't there that day, just give it to a character host and they'll make sure she gets it. You might even leave a note on it that you're big into photography and really liked how this one turned out if you're worried about being stalkerish... but I wouldn't worry at all!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Part III - Rainy Day in Disneyland

Without question, my favorite time to be in the park is when it is raining. I've always held that no matter what time of year, if you hit the park on a good rainy day, you'll typically cut the crowd size in half. It would seem that most of the AP holders simply put off their visit for one of the other 350 days a year when it is NOT raining.

But even with my suspicions going in, I was not prepared for the impact that the rain storm had on the crowds on 12/12. While it certainly wasn't empty, I couldn't get over how it seemed more like a Wednesday in February rather than a Saturday two weeks before Christmas. As I made my way around the park, I was surprised at the number of attractions that were walk-ons and the amount of empty pavement in every land. As one of my favorite things to photograph is an empty Disneyland, I went right to work...

DCA wasn't open yet, but not too many folks posing for photos in the rain...

Not exactly crowded as I entered close to 9 AM...

No one posing for photos in front of the tree either...

The other cool thing about the rain is the way it washes everything off and brings out the colors throughout the park...

So off I sloshed...down Main Street...

When I got to the hub, I knew I had arrived on a rare day indeed. NO ONE was posing in front of the Partners Statue.

Then over to the castle to get out of the rain....

Not too many folks over there either.

I often try this long shot down to the Partners Statue from the castle, but I almost never get it as people are always getting in the way. Except for that Saturday.

Then it was time to head over to Frontierland...

Not too many pin traders...

He's wondering who these fools are who are running around in the rain...

Did I mention that I love an empty Disneyland?

No one at the Haunted Mansion. Literally. No one.

Since people were wearing ponchos, I thought they might be willing to jump on Splash Mountain, but...

I can't remember the last time I got an empty shot of this view either...

Did I mention that the park looks amazing in the rain?

No bottlenecks in the rain as I went through Adventureland...

Then it was off to Fantasyland...

The teacups were filling up with water...

I like the reflection of the Matterhorn off of the empty pavement...

Further proof of lack of crowds. Five minutes for Peter Pan?

No Nemo line to speak of...

And for the coup de gras....

Matterhorn was a walkon...

Sadly, it was time for me to head back up Main Street...

And head back home to dry off my feet, which were quite water logged by that point. Small price to pay for a nearly empty Disneyland in December.

For Part IV, click here
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 12-24-2009 at 11:34 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Wow! Just, Wow!!! Wow! and Wow! and even more wow!

My mind is racing between these two viewpoints

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    These are amazing. Your pictures make me want to rush back to the park and keep practicing picture taking. I'm not going to pick a favorite because each one is special and unique in its own way.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

Wow. Just. Wow. I am totally speechless... you keep raising the bar higher and higher with your photography skills. I want to throw my camera in the trash!!
    yeah call me schizto!

And then he teases us with all those ornament photos, he even makes the ornaments take beautifully framed photos of the surrounding area!

• Resident DL'er

Great stuff Mac Daddy! What I like most about your photos is you have very creative framing and ideas. I wish I were that creative! And that shot of Belle is just phenomenal. Nikon glass is something else I'll tell you that... can we see them bigger anywhere?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

LOVE the rainy day shots! I love Disneyland in the rain too and always hate that I'm busy when it DOES rain because it really is a rare treat these days.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast