Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Mac Daddy's Fall/Winter 2009 Photo Extravaganza

Super awesome Mac Daddy! Sooooo goooooood.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Those rain pictures are amazing!!! I can't believe the lack of people there!

Ok, so maybe I won't throw away my camera just yet...

Seriously, its photographers like you and some of the other wonderful ones on this site that have inspired me to "attempt" to get something more than just snapshots of the park. Most of mine still fall into that category, but seeing art like yours helps to push me to work harder at getting some better shots!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

When in Dec did you go that it was THAT empty? Do you think it was that empty because of the rain or because it was Dec? I want to mark it down on my crowd calendar that the place was DEAD.
    Janette

• Bucket List Car

Amazing, simply amazing. Thank you so much for sharing your talent. I LOVE your photos!!!!

• Best Buds

Absolutely amazing stuff! Thank you for sharing! :-)
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

such exquisite photos!

Beautiful photos! fun memories of Disneyland at Christmas!

I took a look at your album on flickr and i am simpy blown away. Truly, you are an artist of the highest caliber and we are so lucky that you share your visual gifts with us. I continued to be "wowed" by your work. If you aren't working for Disney...you should be. They should be paying you to archive the parks ! I look forward to seeng more of what you do !

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

Favorite by far!

• Logan2002r6

How do you do those black and white photos? Great post!

really beautiful pics! So much better than some of the ones u find in postcards and books at DL, thanks for sharing!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    No, definitely do it- she'll love it. Even if you go to the parks and it looks like that friend of Tiana's isn't there that day, just give it to a character host and they'll make sure she gets it. You might even leave a note on it that you're big into photography and really liked how this one turned out if you're worried about being stalkerish... but I wouldn't worry at all!
    Thanks KCW. I think I will try to do that if I'm in the park before the show goes away. I really hope they extend the show into the Spring!

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Wow! Just, Wow!!! Wow! and Wow! and even more wow!

And then he teases us with all those ornament photos, he even makes the ornaments take beautifully framed photos of the surrounding area!
    Thanks Aladdin!

Quote Originally Posted by scorsese View Post
    Great stuff Mac Daddy! What I like most about your photos is you have very creative framing and ideas. I wish I were that creative! And that shot of Belle is just phenomenal. Nikon glass is something else I'll tell you that... can we see them bigger anywhere?
    Thanks Scorsese - I have higher res shots on my flickr account at:

Flickr: WJMcIntosh's Photostream

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    LOVE the rainy day shots! I love Disneyland in the rain too and always hate that I'm busy when it DOES rain because it really is a rare treat these days.
    Thanks Coheteboy. I'm with you on the rain. I hope we get a lot more this year, as they're calling for El Nino (I'll believe it when I see it) but I think I was only in Disneyland once last year in the rain. I'm hoping for many more rainy days this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Super awesome Mac Daddy! Sooooo goooooood.
    Thanks Ivankay!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Those rain pictures are amazing!!! I can't believe the lack of people there!

Ok, so maybe I won't throw away my camera just yet...

Seriously, its photographers like you and some of the other wonderful ones on this site that have inspired me to "attempt" to get something more than just snapshots of the park. Most of mine still fall into that category, but seeing art like yours helps to push me to work harder at getting some better shots!!
    Thanks Pengy. I was really impressed with your last trip report and loved seeing larger versions of your shots. I have a shot of Jiminy Cricket coming up that was completely inspired by you. I've been in the hub a billion times and I had never seen Jiminy until you posted that great shot. And I feel the same way about you and quite a few others here in Micechat. Just when I think that maybe I've seen it all someone else posts something that I've never even thought of before. So...I'm definitely looking forward to your next trip report.

Quote Originally Posted by Leofoenget View Post
    When in Dec did you go that it was THAT empty? Do you think it was that empty because of the rain or because it was Dec? I want to mark it down on my crowd calendar that the place was DEAD.
    Leofoenget - I sent you a PM, but for the others who might be wondering, the rain shots were taken on what SHOULD have been a very busy Saturday in December on the 12th. I was almost in shock as I sloshed through the park with my umbrella that it was THAT empty. It seems that if the weather forecasters are calling for 80 to 100 percent chance of rain for the day, most of the locals will simply stay home, and some of the hotel guests will just sit by the fire in the GCH and wait it out.

Quote Originally Posted by xalesa View Post
    Amazing, simply amazing. Thank you so much for sharing your talent. I LOVE your photos!!!!
    Thanks Xalesa!

Quote Originally Posted by BugsBunny View Post
    Absolutely amazing stuff! Thank you for sharing! :-)
    Thanks Bugsbunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    such exquisite photos!
    Thanks Kritter.

Quote Originally Posted by Retlaw1 View Post
    Beautiful photos! fun memories of Disneyland at Christmas!
    Thanks Retlaw1!

Quote Originally Posted by alanplm View Post
    I took a look at your album on flickr and i am simpy blown away. Truly, you are an artist of the highest caliber and we are so lucky that you share your visual gifts with us. I continued to be "wowed" by your work. If you aren't working for Disney...you should be. They should be paying you to archive the parks ! I look forward to seeng more of what you do !
    Thanks alanpim. I'm not too sure about the caliber part as I'm still very much an amateur, but I feel like I've already learned quite a bit from other folks on this site, and from flickr as well. There are some photos in the Disney groups on flickr that quite simply blow my mind. But as soon as I find one that I really like, I'll try to get the .exif info off of it and find out what type of lens they were using, what ISO they were shooting at, what f stop, etc, etc and jot it down. I really feel like such a novice when I look at some of those shots, so thanks for your encouraging comments.

Quote Originally Posted by astrologic View Post
    Favorite by far!
    Thanks astrologic.

Quote Originally Posted by logan2002r6 View Post
    How do you do those black and white photos? Great post!
    Logan - On the selective color shots, I use photoshop CS3 to create layers and then paint out BW to reveal the color shot underneath. There are several tutorials on this online. Photoshop Elements is comparatively much cheaper and will allow you to do the same thing for much less cash. And there are quite a few others on Micechat who are much, much better than this than I. One of these days I'll need to sit down and actually read through a couple of books or take a class on photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by NAQUITO View Post
    really beautiful pics! So much better than some of the ones u find in postcards and books at DL, thanks for sharing!
    Thanks Naquito!

Part IV, even though it's a bit shorter, is on deck. I had to cut it a bit short as I wanted to get it done before Christmas.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Part IV - Rainy Night Shots...

I was hoping to get quite a few more shots up before Christmas, but I'm tinkering a lot more with some shots that I took on 12/7/09 during the evening just as a storm was moving through. This was right before the CM Christmas party and I was on my way home from work when I made the trip in hoping to get some more shots in the rain.

As I got to the park, the rain had just let up as I arrived via the monorail. I shot a quick pano from the Monorail Station...

Noticing that another band of rain was about to move through, I headed up to the upper deck of Innoventions and took a ton of shots. I posted one in Part I, but here's a couple more I took just before it started pouring again...

I then headed over towards the hub taking shots as I went...

I think this one is my favorite from the night. I was trying to get the Partners statue against the dark clouds with the castle in the background...

As I headed into Frontierland, the storm began to break apart...

and by the time I got to Splash Mountain, the rain had let up...

I've got a few other shots from this night that I am working on of the castle and the Mark Twain but I've got to get back to wrapping presents and then I've got two family parties to get to over the next two days. I just wanted to end this section with some shots I took after the rain of the tree on Main Street before I left...

And one final shot that I took a week or two earlier just to wish all of you a Merry Christmas..

Merry Christmas everyone!

For Part V, click here (More Rainy Night Shots)
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 01-02-2010 at 11:33 PM.

• Dontcha know?

This thread has been a great early Christmas present. These shots are stunning! Hope you are having a great holiday season

This is an absolutely stunning Classic Mickey photo. It really symbolizes the true meaning of Disney!
    The rest of your photos are also absolutely SPECTACULAR!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast