Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Super Genius

Did anyone catch Guy Fieri's Disney Holiday

Guy's Disney Holiday was on last night. I would have posted this in advance if I had just plain thought of it. I recorded it if anyone wants to see it. If you use AIM or Yahoo! IM just IM me and I'll transmit it to you. Email attachment is out of the question because the file is so large. It's about #(@$ing time that they show DisneyLAND on TV they're always showing Walt Disney World.
    Last edited by MikeChat; 12-14-2009 at 05:13 PM. Reason: I thought of more to add
    When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.

Re: Did anyone catch Guy Fieri's Disney Holiday

For us Canadian folks, the show is airing this Thursday at 9pm on the food network!!

• Shifting cargo

I caught it and I enjoyed it. I'm not a fan of Guy Fieri, but it was really cool getting to see them make all of the delicious seasonal dishes.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Closed Account

My cousin and I met Guy over at DCA walking around near the Mulholland Madness ride last December as he was recording a show there, I wonder if this is a new show?anyway..he's a stand up "guy" no pun intendid and he readily posed for pics with us and talked to us like normal human beings. His restaurant Tex Wasabi's up here in Sacramento is the bomb.

• Time tells the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by GregC View Post
    My cousin and I met Guy over at DCA walking around near the Mulholland Madness ride last December as he was recording a show there, I wonder if this is a new show?anyway..he's a stand up "guy" no pun intendid and he readily posed for pics with us and talked to us like normal human beings. His restaurant Tex Wasabi's up here in Sacramento is the bomb.
    I have heard that the show was taped last year. Which makes sense as some of the items they showcased don't seem to be currently available. (i.e. the turkey crepe)

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I saw bits and pieces the other day.......

That turkey crepe just looked icky
    Last edited by Stitchy; 12-14-2009 at 09:23 PM.

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Fortune Cookie View Post
    I have heard that the show was taped last year. Which makes sense as some of the items they showcased don't seem to be currently available. (i.e. the turkey crepe)
    ya, i'm pretty sure they taped the special last year considering i watched the episode the saturday right after the first friday candy canes were made this december. so unless they decided to be super last minute and hard core with putting all the footage together in one night, they taped it last year.

in other news, i didn't even know about most of those holiday treats. i usually stick to hot chocolate and gingerbread cookies. getting some on friday, can't wait!...it's been like a month since i've been to dl ahh haha

flower gleam & glow...

We made our own version of that turkey crepe from what we could gather from that segment and it was delicious ... just sayin'

• Banned User

I've seen it twice, and as a former pastry chef, I LOVED IT! They did a good job with it! If you get a chance to see it, do so. You'll appreciate more the hard work that goes into making some of the great treats and fine food they prepare at DLR.

BTW, when the candy cane makers said that the room was kept at 95-98 degrees, that's not uncommon when making hard candy, especially candy canes. Even large factories that crank out millions of candy canes a year keep their cooking and shaping areas at about 100 degrees. It makes it so the candy is easier to work with longer and doesn't cool off too soon.

The food network is always on at my house and of course after the whole HGTV DisneyWORLD fiasco, I was just happy to watch anything on DisneyLAND even if it was mainly about the food.

Why is it these travel shows always focus on WDW?! You would think with LA nearby they would always feature DL to cut down on production costs...

Quote Originally Posted by metchick01 View Post
    The food network is always on at my house and of course after the whole HGTV DisneyWORLD fiasco, I was just happy to watch anything on DisneyLAND even if it was mainly about the food.

Why is it these travel shows always focus on WDW?! You would think with LA nearby they would always feature DL to cut down on production costs...
    I thought the Food Network was based in New York, and most of the shows taped there. I'm not certain of that though.
    Anyone?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    That turkey crepe just looked icky
    think thats why its not available now...

• Minion

Talking Re: Did anyone catch Guy Fieri's Disney Holiday

Quote Originally Posted by whitestrat View Post
    I thought the Food Network was based in New York, and most of the shows taped there. I'm not certain of that though.
    Anyone?
    They have offices in New York City, Atlanta, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Detroit, and Knoxville but the show Unwrapped is filmed around the Denver area.

• Hukuna Matata!

Can you believe that dude that makes the candy has been there like thirty something years? Pretty neat.

• Time tells the truth.

I'm curious if the duck (goose??) at Napa Rose, which was featured in this special, is available this year?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast