Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Princess and the Frog ride?

You knew it was coming. Anyway...

Without getting into too much detail, I propose kicking out the Winne the Pooh attraction in Critter Country (and I'm hoping that Disney is still thinking of sticking the Country Bears in the Redwood area of DCA). In its place, there will be a fun, fast-paced The Princess and the Frog attraction. Shrinking down to the size of frogs with Naveen and Tiana, we rush to escape the evil clutches of Dr. Facilier, his "friends on the other side" and other hurdles as we travel through the bayou until we can become human again.

I wouldn't want this attraction to be a roller coaster, but definitely not something slow...heck, perhaps one could even hop/bounce in their ride vehicles...it could be really fun. The transformation from human to frog could either happen in the very detailed queue or at the beginning of the attraction with a fateful encounter with Dr. Facilier.

The land name "Critter Country" could technically stay, since we are turned into critters...but it could be easily altered and/or thrown out (as it has in the past).

Thoughts/add-ons?

• Minion

Re: Princess and the Frog ride?

Well, I do think that the Princess and the Frog should get a permanent attraction in the parks because the music, animation, and story are all outstanding. I am not sure that Critter Country is the best place to put it, especially since NOS is in Disneyland and the movie takes place in New Orleans. I know that there isn't enough room, but I do think that a ride for PatF should be in NOS.

• "I Break Things"

I'm assuming you are going with the talking animal aspect of P&F? Other then that it really doesn't work in Critter... I think it would work better if they used the movie as inspiration and just carried it on with Lou the trumpet playing gator...

For that matter you could have a "CBJ style bandstand with all sorts of critters from Princess and Frog... just a thought.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Future Animator

It would work better in NOS.

But I do feel a very immersive attraction for Princess and the Frog is in order. Doesn't necessarily have to be a ride though.

YouTube Channel:
    DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

^ Right. You turn into frogs with Naveen and Tiana.

Critter Country is very much an extension of New Orleans Square. I'd say just take the name out and just have the whole thing be New Orleans Square but we still have Splash Mountain...but it's all the South. It's just going further you end up in the backwoods (and potentially) swamps.

I would have just wanted the attraction in New Orleans Square but, as said, there's no room.

Of course, just my opinion, but I find it silly that a section of Disneyland with 2 rides can be considered a "land"...

Yes. That is exactly what I was thinking while I was watching the movie. A ride would be awesome. Although it wouldn't really fit anywhere in the parks. The idea you have is cool and I would much prefer it over Pooh, but of course there is a slight chance of anything like that happening.

Dr. Facilier in a ride type experience would be really cool, though.

EDIT: I never really thought of Critter Country as part of NOS. That could work. Like we are still in NOS, just a backwoods swamp. what a great idea. And the entire pooh section could be replaced with a bayou type atmosphere. Now we're getting somewhere.

I think that Disney should stop relying on it's film library as the inspiration of it's attractions, and should concentrate on creating new and innovative attractions, not tied into a film or set of characters that may not age well over time. THey should create things that are unique to each park, that will give the general public reasons to visit each park.

For the most part, the evergreen attractions at Disneyland are the rides that were not (originally) based on any film (Small World, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Carabean, Space Mountain, Country Bears ect.)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post
    I think that Disney should stop relying on it's film library as the inspiration of it's attractions, and should concentrate on creating new and innovative attractions, not tied into a film or set of characters that may not age well over time. THey should create things that are unique to each park, that will give the general public reasons to visit each park.

For the most part, the evergreen attractions at Disneyland are the rides that were not (originally) based on any film (Small World, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Carabean, Space Mountain, Country Bears ect.)
    I generally agree with this, but, I think this could translate to be a really fun and exciting attraction, with spectacular themeing and innovative ride technology. And it could actually work theme-wise, not be something arbitrary like shoving Toy Story in Tomorrowland.

And sadly, Disney doesn't have the guts to create anything new and innovative that isn't tied to an existing franchise already.

I also honestly believe that The Princess and the Frog is going to be considered one of the true Disney Classics. This isn't Home on the Range or Meet the Robinsons we're talking about here.

• Minion

I do like the idea of Critter Country being an offshoot of NOS. Especially with the entire area given a bayou or swamp theme. That would be excellent and then the ride could start in the bayou.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

I like it, but it would fit better in NOS (no idea where specifically though)

But I do like the idea of being 'back in a swamp' in NOS but really in CC.

• Banned User

I actually like the idea of a P&tF attraction. I'm normally not a big fan of movie attractions, but with this movie, I can see them making something. Critter Country isn't the best, but it could work. There's really no room in NOS, and with this attraction, I'd like to see it go close by the ROA, even with an outdoor part of the ride. I love the idea of being down to the frog's perspective, it'd give the ride a lot more of a personal feeling to it, rather than humans going through the story...like Acid trip through the 100 acre woods.

• Senior Minion

How about temporarily change the Jungle Cruise to 'Princess Tiana's Bayou Cruise'?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    How about temporarily change the Jungle Cruise to 'Princess Tiana's Bayou Cruise'?
    And while they're at it they could also add my overlay idea to Haunted Mansion if they ever release a HSM4 which I have called tentatively 'Haunted Mansion: Troy And Chad's Frat House Party Bash!'.
    Last edited by DisneyIPresume; 12-15-2009 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Spelling

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    Don't. Give. Them. Any. Ideas.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Well, I do think that the Princess and the Frog should get a permanent attraction in the parks because the music, animation, and story are all outstanding. I am not sure that Critter Country is the best place to put it, especially since NOS is in Disneyland and the movie takes place in New Orleans. I know that there isn't enough room, but I do think that a ride for PatF should be in NOS.
    Well NOS is in the south (movie and land) so it could turn into
    South NOS or Southland and this way it could take over Pooh.
    And since the land has already gone to Pooh, the name has been changed several times and any theme is a lost treasure...why not
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast