Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Re: Official DCA "Radiator Springs Racers" Short Virtual Ride Experience On You Tube

Wow looks awesome!

Cone on the Cob XD

• Senior Minion

Re: Official DCA "Radiator Springs Racers" Short Virtual Ride Experience On You Tube

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    with video quality on cellphones now... try to stop em
    It's not that hard to stop them, you just use metal detectors and not allow cell phones.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Guess that Disney didn't want make too much of the coming films storylines known to the public en masse. Whereas, the storylines of films connected with coming theme park attractions are already known to the public mindset.

A large part of what I like about Radiator Springs Racers is that the ride doesn't appear to be a rehashing of the Cars movie storyline. Instead, the ride footage (and promotioanl information) seems to indicate a whole new mini story.. just using the same characters. For a large part, even the settings are either completely new, or offer an expanded view.
    Yeah, I think that not revealing too much was somewhat of a concern, but I also think that P&R has done a much better job of learning that interfacing with the fan community and offering inside information is really effective and cheap advertising. There's clearly been a huge push to be more revealing in P&R with them now making videos for things as small as the bay being refilled and giving out tons of info about WoC, CL, HKDL, and building the Blue Sky Cellar and creating the new blog and web pages.

It's also something that Bob Iger really supports and one of the things that lead to Dick Cook being ousted because Iger felt he was being too secretive and not adopting these new strategies. So I think in the future we'll be seeing even more insider info from the studio as well. Although, they will still need to be careful not to give away too many secrets.

In regard to RSR, I agree it does seem like they've done a good job of weaving together a unique new story that takes the guest right into the action while also presenting all the characters and scenery from the movie that those fans will want to see.

• Senior Minion

now that's what its all about useing the existing characters in a new way to enhance the ride experience , this is something to get excited for.unless it somehow ties into the second cars movie then well...the ride will still be cool just not as cool
    From what I've heard it also won't be at all like Cars 2, which sounds like it will be mostly in foreign contries. Cars 2 actually sounds like it will be much more like the Carstoons. RSR is based on the first movie, it's just a unique adventure that happens in the town. It should be interesting because it will recreate many things that appear in the movie, but not exact recreations of scenes, and it will add a deeper level to the story and history of RS that wasn't shown in the movie.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    From what I've heard it also won't be at all like Cars 2, which sounds like it will be mostly in foreign contries. Cars 2 actually sounds like it will be much more like the Carstoons. RSR is based on the first movie, it's just a unique adventure that happens in the town. It should be interesting because it will recreate many things that appear in the movie, but not exact recreations of scenes, and it will add a deeper level to the story and history of RS that wasn't shown in the movie.
    The obvious annoyance being that this could have been accomplished without the need to theme an entire land to Cars. The area would be perfect as a new Condor Flats... which would have allowed both aviation and racing in a desert themed environment. RSR would have then on the outside appeared "normal" and made a toon transition as you walk through it.

But that would mean WDI would need to come up with unique characters, storylines, and lands.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

That was a pretty cool video. I makes me look even more forward to the completion of DCA over the next few years.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Thanks for the cool video, Ride Warrior. The land looks entertaining, and they put a lot of detail into it over the years of planning- and it looks like it might pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    RSR would have then on the outside appeared "normal" and made a toon transition as you walk through it.
    Isn't that what the plans look like now?

IMO, the rock formations look very beautiful and realistic to a certain extent, not cartoony enough to be obvious like ToonTown.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by RocknGuitar View Post

IMO, the rock formations look very beautiful and realistic to a certain extent, not cartoony enough to be obvious like ToonTown.
    It will be interesting to see if they go the Toontown route or not. I would prefer a "real" desert town without ties to Cars, but that is obviously not going to be the case. The issue I see is Disney painting themselves into a corner by making it just about Cars.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Minion

It will be interesting to see if they go the Toontown route or not. I would prefer a "real" desert town without ties to Cars, but that is obviously not going to be the case. The issue I see is Disney painting themselves into a corner by making it just about Cars.
    well they could also use it to promote Herbie the love bug..(no lLndsay Lohan)
    that's about the only other Disney car related thing i can think of to go with it.. so i see the point of so narrow a theme .what can they do beyond what they have already got going on?

• Banned User

that's about the only other Disney car related thing i can think of to go with it.. so i see the point of so narrow a theme .what can they do beyond what they have already got going on?
    Herbie has nothing to do with the desert unless they made a new movie with Herbie in the desert...

• Senior Minion

The obvious annoyance being that this could have been accomplished without the need to theme an entire land to Cars. The area would be perfect as a new Condor Flats... which would have allowed both aviation and racing in a desert themed environment. RSR would have then on the outside appeared "normal" and made a toon transition as you walk through it.

But that would mean WDI would need to come up with unique characters, storylines, and lands.
    No doubt that it could have been nice to integrate the ideas of Condor Flats and Carsland into a single desert themed land. However, they're dealing with an existing park and unfortunately it obviously isn't well set up to make that doable. Thus we end up with the most logical solution, which is to expand the mountain theming since both CF and GP were really too small to properly carry out their theme in the first place. Personally think they should just theme Soarin' more toward hanggliding and that would still leave the opportunity to add an aviation themed attraction to CL in the future.

In regard to the land looking cartoony, I don't think it will. The buildings and the hills in the movie look pretty realistic, other then the car parts being integrated into them. Only the characters themselves look somewhat cartoony and even they are mostly based on real cars and will look pretty real themselves.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Herbie has nothing to do with the desert unless they made a new movie with Herbie in the desert...
    true but he is a car...

well the movie Cars also had airplanes and the sequel will expand from radiator springs to more california and Europe. It also creates a nice transition into what is left of the farm and bugsland since the movie also contain a farm area.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Disney may paint themselves into a corner sometimes. But, they never stay befuddled for long... due to their innovation and their persistant nature.

Baloo has a positive perspective on the subject. Let's give him a listen below... vvv

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    well the movie Cars also had airplanes and the sequel will expand from radiator springs to more california and Europe. It also creates a nice transition into what is left of the farm and bugsland since the movie also contain a farm area.
    Just what I was thinking, my friend. Pixar will be incorporating other modes of transportation into their future Cars themed films. it is easy to envision planes, helecopters, and even trains and boats becoming a part of Cars Land in the future.

Soaring will become a part of a new area to be developed during Phase II of the DCA makeover... provided that the economy doen't tank.

Herbie does deserve a ride of his own. The little Love Bug is key part of the automobile stunt show at WDW and in Paris. Perhaps the third DLR theme park will incorporate a Herbie ride or show.

Quote Originally Posted by dmtnt55 View Post
    Wow looks awesome!

Cone on the Cob XD
    It do, doesn't it!

Chili Cone Coney XE

Quote Originally Posted by RocknGuitar View Post

The rock formations do look majestic and real in the pre-visualization and other concept art. It will add to the immersive blast that we will each have while zipping thru the terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    That was a pretty cool video. It makes me look even more forward to the completion of DCA over the next few years.
    This ride will help DLR become far more of a multinational destination. I'm so proud to be from California now. Perhaps I'll meet up with you aashee after Cars Land opens and we'll have a killer diller time together at Cars Land and the rest of DCA!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    Thanks for the cool video, Ride Warrior. The land looks entertaining, and they put a lot of detail into it over the years of planning- and it looks like it might pay off.
    You are quite welcome! Nice observation, Rocker. The Imagineers have been engaged in the design and development of this complex and exciting area that will provide a steady-on unique adventure that raises the international theme park bar. The pay off will be well desrved and BIG.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-19-2009 at 03:58 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast