Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Who was your favorite narrator of the Christmas Candlelight Processional?

The Christmas Candlelight Processional at EPCOT is the absolute most beautiful and stirring Christmas music production in the entire country. I never cease to be moved and inspired by the scripture read by the narrator or the heavenly voices of the mass choir, accompanied by the orchestra. Thus far my favorite narrators have been Phylicia Rashad, Louis Gossett jr, and John Goodman. Each these extraordinary celebrities brought a depth and quality that touched my heart and truly opened my soul to the words I have heard many times since I was a child.

I know many of you have experienced this spirit-filled Christmas celebration, either at EPCOT or Disneyland; who was your favorite narrator and why?

May you be surrounded by your pals this holiday season!

• Leaping Into The Abyss

Re: Who was your favorite narrator of the Christmas Candlelight Processional?

I and my husband really enjoyed John Stamos last year. He's so sweet.
    Spyed the Black Pearl from Cabrillo Beach

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Dick Van Dyke, hands down.

John Stamos was awfully cute, though.
    A signature should go here.

I'll second Dick Van Dyke but I also thought Olympia Dukakis was really good too there was just something about her voice that was super enjoyable. Plus she was hilarious during the rehearsal!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I think Dick Van Dyke would have been amazing, but I couldn't go that year. My favorite, of the years that I have gone, would have to be Michael York. Tough to beat that accent, and his delivery was spot on. That being said, James Earl Jones was just a couple of years before I started going. I'd probably join D23 and buy those insanely expensive tickets to hear that.

• Minion

The only time I've ever seen it in person was in 1978 when Cary Grant was the narrator. So that would have to be mine. But I would love to see Dick Van Dyke.

• Still wants to be a cat!

The only one I ever say....Dick Van Dyke! Got to sit right in front of him and he was superb!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Semi-Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    I think Dick Van Dyke would have been amazing, but I couldn't go that year. My favorite, of the years that I have gone, would have to be Michael York. Tough to beat that accent, and his delivery was spot on. That being said, James Earl Jones was just a couple of years before I started going. I'd probably join D23 and buy those insanely expensive tickets to hear that.
    I was going to say Michael York too! I thought wow, that was a long time ago and most people probably won't know/don't remember who he is, but your right, his accent seemed right on and he seemed to be really into it. I'll never forget him saying the word "Magnificent" after one of the tunes. Dick Van Dyke was also good and many moons ago Jimmy Stewart with his aw shucks delivery was also memorable. Somebody once posted a link to all the Disneyland narrators, does anyone remember where that was?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Either Dick Van Dyke or James Earl Jones.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Minion

Although before my time I would have loved to see Charlton Heston narrate. Of those I've seen I'd say Dick Van Dyke is my favorite.
    Crazy Works For Me!

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

James Earl Jones must have been epic, i mean really? who can beat that voice?
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

It sounds like we've all had incredible experiences at the Christmas Candlelight Processional! Thanks for the magic and the memories, Disney folks!

May you be surrounded by your pals this holiday season!

Morgan Freeman would be epic...he is the voice of god

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

true, but James Earl Jones is Darth Vader, and MUFASA! (chills)
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• Future theatre actress <3

Where the crypt doors creak and the tombstones quake

i like john voight alot! (well this is my first year seeing the procession but john was a very good reader he was clear and he annunciated well
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast