Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

• Minion

Re: How long do you think Caption EO will last?

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Guru View Post
    Am I missing something? We are getting an attraction back that was replaced by an inferior attraction, fits the land's theme at least as well as its replacement, fits the theme better than the replacement's replacement, isn't a movie tie-in like its two successors, which doesn't use the "something suddenly goes wrong" cliche...

...and we're hoping it doesn't stay too long?
    Since EO is being resurrected from Yesterland, I'm personally hoping the House of Aluminum is the next extinct Tomorrowland attraction to make a comeback. There's a whole generation (or 2, or 3) who never got to experience what was surely one of Disneyland's most thrilling attration. And let's be seriosu - aluminum is way more popular than Michael Jackson ever was.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    and we cant seem to figure out the motive (other then money) behind this replacement and we want something stupid instead like SOMETHING NEW
    I can say forsure ,it would not be my MONEY!
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post
    Excellent point. The term limited engagement recently has been tacked on to movies that are "special events' - Hannah Montana Concert, Toy Story 3D, MJ's This Is It - that after the first week quickly turn in to an "open ended run". It has the effect of making initial demand high and producing a stronger than usual opening weekend. I suspect Disney will play the same card with EO. The Limited Engagement status will help drive up attendance and revenues in a usually slow February and early March, causing them to extend its run indefiitely due to "guest demand."
    Your right! Disney do like useing that CARD!
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Kingdom Comedian

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    It was replaced for a reason.
    We're not saying the the replacement was good
    but it was replaced.
    Really? What was the reason? Don't say the legal troubles that happened in '93, because it didn't leave until '97.

I submit the reason it was replaced was lack of popularity...It is clear that it curently took a huge upswing in popularity, making the "reason" null.

• Minion

the thing to me is they have had quite along time to come up with an idea, Histas popularity has been slipping fast for the past 5 or so years.why all of a sudden change it now?

• Kingdom Comedian

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    the thing to me is they have had quite along time to come up with an idea, Histas popularity has been slipping fast for the past 5 or so years.why all of a sudden change it now?
    Because they have a replacement that they KNOW will be a hit. ...and the hard creative work has already been done. MILF is obviously not a huge favorite among the hardcore fans. Who knows what else they might be dreaming up that may or may not work. But Captain EO is beloved by many. So they'll take advantage of that and buy some more time to come up with a better idea.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by timbabbcomedian View Post
    Because they have a replacement that they KNOW will be a hit. ...and the hard creative work has already been done. MILF is obviously not a huge favorite among the hardcore fans. Who knows what else they might be dreaming up that may or may not work. But Captain EO is beloved by many. So they'll take advantage of that and buy some more time to come up with a better idea.
    your right but(in not trying to bash EO ir MJ)but is this a last ditch effort to breathe life into the theater in the mean time untill that happens?

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post
    Since EO is being resurrected from Yesterland, I'm personally hoping the House of Aluminum is the next extinct Tomorrowland attraction to make a comeback. There's a whole generation (or 2, or 3) who never got to experience what was surely one of Disneyland's most thrilling attration. And let's be seriosu - aluminum is way more popular than Michael Jackson ever was.
    LOL

I don't know if it was intentional or not ...
    but I like how these relics of the past were combined into one ... to reinforce a funny point!

Kaiser: Hall of Aluminum Fame

Monsanto: House of the Future (plastic)
    http://www.retroist.com/wp-content/u...f-tomorrow.jpg
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 12-25-2009 at 08:45 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567