View Poll Results: If MSEP returns to Disneyland, should the original music return too?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

66 62.86%
  • No!

16 15.24%
  • Don't Care.

23 21.90%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Re: MSEP Back on Main Street in 2010? Should Original Music return with it?

Yes. Enough said. As long as they still have every part of the original, including the Return To Oz portion.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Quote Originally Posted by dmtnt55 View Post
    Yes. Enough said. As long as they still have every part of the original, including the Return To Oz portion.
    plus the Disneyland 25th anniversery portion and the Fox and the Hound portion too.

Tagent ahead....

But truth be told, I would like them(disney) to make an two disc album, which contains the orignal Main Street Electrical Parade Music(and has every single float portion that debuted during it's run at DL) and the prevouis Disney's Electrical Parade Music(that sounded like DL's, except it was missing a few floats and it had talking in it.) on Disc one. On Disc two, it contains the current Disney's Electrical Parade Music(that sounds little like TDL's Dreamlights...) also, maybe as an added bonis, a remix of the parade and a orcastral version of the parade.

Done and sorry for the speling eroeors!

Timekeeper

Disney has no reason to regress. They invested in the upgraded soundtrack, and it'll be with the show until a new version comes along.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    plus the Disneyland 25th anniversery portion and the Fox and the Hound portion too.

Tagent ahead....

But truth be told, I would like them(disney) to make an two disc album, which contains the orignal Main Street Electrical Parade Music(and has every single float portion that debuted during it's run at DL) and the prevouis Disney's Electrical Parade Music(that sounded like DL's, except it was missing a few floats and it had talking in it.) on Disc one. On Disc two, it contains the current Disney's Electrical Parade Music(that sounds little like TDL's Dreamlights...) also, maybe as an added bonis, a remix of the parade and a orcastral version of the parade.

Done and sorry for the speling eroeors!

Timekeeper
    Amen to that. IN addition, they should also include some rare cuts that were never heard at the Parks such as the loops heard in the 1978 Orange Bowl Half-Time Show, the Hercules track from the Hercules Electrical Parade and Christmas loops from Tokyo, Paris and WDW Magic Kingdom.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

The old one still gives me goosebumps. I'd like to see what hasn't been on Main Street in a long time.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    It isn't coming back to Main Street (unless you know something we don't).
    As of now, it isn't. Entertainment CMs had a meeting about a month and a half ago discussing everything that's planned for the next 6 months, and they're not planning on bringing EP back to Disneyland. Of course, things may change, but I think it's pretty set in stone.

I think the new soundtrack should stay, if the parade was going back to Disneyland.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

When I first heard about the new soundtrack, I admit I was on the "oh no how dare they change it" bandwagon. But after hearing it myself, its really not that bad. Although I do still prefer the original, I could live with the new version. I'm not a big parade person, but the Electrical Parade is one that I will stake out a spot hours before hand to wait for.

And like Aashee... hearing the very beginning of the parade in the original form just does something to me on a very emotional level.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

First off, I haven't heard the new soundtrack, so I can not give an fair judgment on it. But I would love to have the original Main Street Electrical Parade with the original soundtrack return to the way it was back in the day. But if it did make it make to Disneyland, I doubt the original soundtrack would return.

It's nice to wish though...

• mountains beyond mtns.

I voted for "yes" and that's not so much based on nostalgia so much as it is a fondness for the things the old analog version brings to the table.

The new digital version sounds brighter, "twinklier" if you will but at the expense of losing the warmth and idiosyncratic appeal of the older analog version.

Music is one endeavor where utilizing the latest technologies does not necessarily translate into superior work. Just like in gymnastics and ice skating, there is always a technical merit component but also an artistic expression component. The newer version would have higher technical merit (arguably) but just cannot match the artistic expression and emotional impact that the old analog version possesses in great abundance.

• Iron-Clad Allie

I'd like to have my cake and eat it too. Translation... The original track gives me the emotional thrill of reliving a beautiful moment of my past. Still, I love the awesome new rendition as well.. and am elated about moving forward with a fresh new happy experience.

Therefore, it would be great if the original and new Electric Parade scores were alternated from night to night. As most people are for more than a day anyway, this would be doable... and possible create even more interest in the parade that it already enjoys.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Future Princess

I wouldn't mind either way. The parade had left Main Street by the time I made my first visit, so I've never seen it there with it's original soundtrack
    "...Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."

• Miss Teen Scene of 2010

In my opinion, the original soundtrack should have never changed. There is a memory for many ages just with that one tune.

• Banned User

People are acting like the songs been changed or something. It's just a re-orchestration at best. Seriously guys? Really?

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH KNITE View Post
    People are acting like the songs been changed or something. It's just a re-orchestration at best. Seriously guys? Really?
    Let's not forget that the original soundtrack from 1972 isn't what we heard in Disneyland by the time the parade "glowed away" in 1996. Is it true that the music we had when the parade returned to Anaheim is a remastered version of the old Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade? The Main Street Electrical Parade technichally glowed away forever, so Disney's Electrical Parade, while still having floats that were at Disneyland at the time it left, is technically a different parade since the name changed. There's no reason to change back.

Personally, I like both versions.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH KNITE View Post
    That's the great thing about MiceChat. We can discuss the tiny difference at Disneyland that non-fans wouldn't even notice. Seriously fun, guy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast