View Poll Results: If MSEP returns to Disneyland, should the original music return too?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

66 62.86%
  • No!

16 15.24%
  • Don't Care.

23 21.90%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Making my own Mousekteers

Re: MSEP Back on Main Street in 2010? Should Original Music return with it?

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    I guess I am the only one that is against having a parade stay the same way for 20+ years without change...
    At the risk of quoting one of the most reprehensible characters in literature "progress, for progress's sake, must be prohibited". I'm all for change as long as it really is progress. Lame replacements of classic attractions and parades that are replaced just because Disney wants to bring in crowds by promoting a new attraction is not progress.

I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Queentitania19 View Post
    At the risk of quoting one of the most reprehensible characters in literature "progress, for progress's sake, must be prohibited". I'm all for change as long as it really is progress. Lame replacements of classic attractions and parades that are replaced just because Disney wants to bring in crowds by promoting a new attraction is not progress.
    Anything that brings DEP closer to becoming Dreamlights is progress in my eyes.

• It's all about Theme!

^ Now you see, I would like DreamLights Technology combined with the original music. Both new age technology and nostalgia. I think Disney is trying to make the Parade more similar to Dreamlights, but in the wrong ways. The music isn't the problem, its the old technology.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Making my own Mousekteers

I love the MSELP. I don't want it to be replaced by any of the pathetic parades that Disney cooks up. Maybe we can get another Celebrate block party to replace the ELP and that would be progress. <---- sarcasm

I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

• It's all about Theme!

^ Don't kid with such sarcasm, the "smart" people at Entertainment might like the idea.
    -August 1st 2010

-August 2nd 2010

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    ^ Now you see, I would like DreamLights Technology combined with the original music. Both new age technology and nostalgia. I think Disney is trying to make the Parade more similar to Dreamlights, but in the wrong ways. The music isn't the problem, its the old technology.
    Atleast they are trying. It could be alot worst with us getting stuck with something like Spectromagic.

But in all seriousness, I understand your view. I never was ever emotionally attached to the actual music of the Electrical Parade, more or so the tune. So as long as it is still the tune I would be happy. However, I still feel that if both were introduced at the same time and the nostalgia feel was eliminated, the Dreamlights main theme would be richer (Disney screwed up some sections like Cinderella in the DEP 2.0) but I would really love to have Dreamlights because it still captures the essence of the original parade but stays far from it and distinguishes itself as a different parade.

• It's all about Theme!

I see your view too. It's a shame they always never seem to get anything right the first time. They will probably go on pushing the "remastered" DEP even if it is moved to DL for construction reasons.

The only reason they haven't planned moving it yet is likely since Buena Vista Street has been delayed once again till probably after this summer at this rate.
    -August 1st 2010

-August 2nd 2010

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    It'd probably be pretty discordant, since the old version and new version are in different keys.
    but if its redone they could find a happy medium and find a key they both can sync to

I love the Electrical Parade, i also like the new soundtrack for me it gives a more upbeat rythm, not that the old one didn't. But i would really like to see all of the Original floats back. (that means kick tink off and put blue fairy back.)

• Queen Elsa

Haven't read all 4 pages on here so I will say I like both sound tracks but I like the new music alot better and there is one way the old music will not work and that is Tinkerbell she is new to MSEP and there was no music before they change it and so I don't think they will use the old music just to have one new music.

• Yo!

But in all seriousness, I understand your view. I never was ever emotionally attached to the actual music of the Electrical Parade, more or so the tune. So as long as it is still the tune I would be happy. However, I still feel that if both were introduced at the same time and the nostalgia feel was eliminated, the Dreamlights main theme would be richer (Disney screwed up some sections like Cinderella in the DEP 2.0) but I would really love to have Dreamlights because it still captures the essence of the original parade but stays far from it and distinguishes itself as a different parade.
    Exactly what should've been done from day one. They should've just redone the entire parade and then there wouldn't be a clash between the old and the new like there is now.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Minion

keep in mind they retired it once..if it is more cost effective to stop it again while construction is going on they could do that to....

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Old style, but NOT the old track untouched.

It's just fine to get Don Dorsey to revisit it on new synths, modify the open or revamp tracks, they can keep the old style but make it sound cooler and a lot cleaner - technology has rocketed along, and Disney has seriously beefed up the parade route sound system over the years.

He'll have to weave in new tracks for any new or reconfigured units, so it's all going to be loaded in the computers...

Note that they didn't have to scissors-and-tape edit the old soundtrack, it was the first parade where all the unit music was designed to be looped on a multi-track system that kept all the section pieces in sync with a background 'click track'.

The computer had sensors along the route to track the unit locaions automagically, and there were CCTV cameras as backups. As the float entered your area they just fade down the base music and fade up the individual unit soundtrack on the area speakers, usually (but not always) at the loop point. And even if they had to do the fade in the middle, the tracks were all in beat sync with each other and it sounded like they meant to do that...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• All? NO, ALL!

Fine, bring back the old soundtrack and let the lack of progress continue.
    Yes, let's get rid of everything "old" simply for the sake of replacing it with something new, regardless of quality. To reiterate what I said before, is it a lack of progress if they didn't re-record Grim Grinning Ghosts and A Pirate's Life for Me with new singers, instrumentation, and even changing the key of the song? Don't think so.

The Electrical Parade's soundtrack has never struck me as being old. It's a quintessential part of Disneyland's music that shouldn't have been changed. By all means, update the floats with brighter lights and effects, but don't remove things completely, like the classic soundtrack. And the remastered version (essentially the same version of the 2001-2009 DCA version, save for the voiceovers) of the MSEP soundtrack found on A Musical History of Disneyland sounds absolutely brilliant and practically new. The original soundtrack is timeless. There was no need to change it. DreamLights and DEP are practically entirely different parades.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    but if its redone they could find a happy medium and find a key they both can sync to
    Not quite sure what you're getting at.
    Last edited by Evan; 12-22-2009 at 04:41 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234