Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mainstreet Christmas Loop

Paul Muriat's Petit Papa Noel:

YouTube - Paul Mauriat - Petit papa NoŽl (1967)

Hollywood Pops Orchestra--Caroling, Caroling:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnsaZH2x51Y"]YouTube - My Collection-Disneyland Holiday Loop Music:The Wonderful World of Christmas[/ame]

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Re: Mainstreet Christmas Loop

Sweet

• "Always On The Move..."

Aww, Man. I got all excited thinking they were gonna put a loop in on Main Street.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

By the way, if you love Hollyridge Strings Christmas songs...give a listen to this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTzBh_n4A0w"]YouTube - The Hollyridge Strings - Santa's got a brand new bag[/ame]

Remember the theme to the old 'KTLA Holiday Movie Special' ......that's what that (above) was.

• Not a Minion

Aren't there a few issues with piracy going on here?

There is a big difference between piracy and file-sharing.

Piracy is theft.

My intention is to simply to share material that's already publicly available, either on file-sharing sites that are open to the public, or Youtube.

• Please pull the yellowtab

Yay!Thanks for starting this thread Pisces. I've been wondering what songs they play on Mainstreet during Christmas time. The music is like a lullaby to nap as you wait for fireworks.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Thanks for the links, Pisces, but I've got a feeling that the mods might shut this thread down soon. Micechat can be pretty touchy about where and how Disney content is obtained, even if it is file sharing. But I just bookmarked the youtube just the same.

As a side note, I REALLY can't understand why Disney can't pay for the rights of all of these loop recordings and simply produce a CD. They'd make a killing on it. Maybe there's something in the Al thread about it, but it seems like a no brainer to me. They already are paying some type of royalty to play the loop...why not make some of that back with selling the recordings in the park?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Moderator Note:

Links to free downloads of copyrighted materials is not allowed on MiceChat. From our FAQ:

Quote:
    There will be times when you want to share something you found on the Internet with your fellow MiceChatters. Sharing is indeed caring. But, please be careful - there may be hurdles for you to jump. When you post information, an image, video or audio file from another source, make sure you are not posting content that is copyrighted. Such materials being shared and distributed without the consent of the person who owns the copyrights to the item in question is not allowed.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Many carols and hymns don't have a copyright, and are royalty-free and in the public domain (free use).

Christmas Waltz, and Christmas Song are probably held under an official copyright, though.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

I don't get it, are these songs supposed to be in the Disneyland Main Street christmas loop played at the park?

I remember a few nights ago waiting for the parade and listening to the loop, but these songs don't really ring any bells....

EDIT: nvm, I just listened to the embedded video in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    Many carols and hymns don't have a copyright, and are royalty-free and in the public domain (free use).

Christmas Waltz, and Christmas Song are probably held under an official copyright, though.
    You can still claim copyright to a recording or performance you make or do of a public-domain song. If the original song were still copyright, then you would usually pay royalty (if the license terms dictate it) to the copyright holder of the original song. Those recordings placed on the public internet would still be illicit, unless you licensed them for public distribution (by using one of the Creative Commons licenses for example, which the majority of commercial recordings aren't).

Anyways, on a tangent topic,
    Main Street Christmas Music Loop
    Did anyone notice Al mentioning in the latest version that the Raymond Lefevre and Paul Mauriat versions of Petit Papa Noel being nearly identical? Despite having both albums, I hadn't noticed this or paid any real attention to the Raymond Lefevre version. My turntable isn't set up right now but once I do I'll have a listen. Plus I took a few digicam-audio recordings on my last visit to compare with them. Has anybody else noticed or tried verifying this?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HighLeveller View Post
    You can still claim copyright to a recording or performance you make or do of a public-domain song. If the original song were still copyright, then you would usually pay royalty (if the license terms dictate it) to the copyright holder of the original song. Those recordings placed on the public internet would still be illicit, unless you licensed them for public distribution (by using one of the Creative Commons licenses for example, which the majority of commercial recordings aren't).

Anyways, on a tangent topic,
    Main Street Christmas Music Loop
    Did anyone notice Al mentioning in the latest version that the Raymond Lefevre and Paul Mauriat versions of Petit Papa Noel being nearly identical? Despite having both albums, I hadn't noticed this or paid any real attention to the Raymond Lefevre version. My turntable isn't set up right now but once I do I'll have a listen. Plus I took a few digicam-audio recordings on my last visit to compare with them. Has anybody else noticed or tried verifying this?
    This is correct. Different record labels hold the copyright to the Hollywood Pops, Paul Mauriat and the other recordings from Main Street. Even though the CAROLS are public domain, the performances are not. If Justin Timberlake were to put out a Christmas album of carols, most of those carols would be copyrighted by the label that produced and sold the recording. Justin Timberlake wouldn't have to pay a dime to anyone as most carols are public domain. But if Disneyland, God forbid, wanted to add Justin Timberlake to the Main Street Christmas Loop, they'd have to pay a licensing fee to Timberlake's label. If, however, Timberlake were to record "The Christmas Song", he would have to pay Mel Torme royalties for every CD produced.
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 12-21-2009 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    Aww, Man. I got all excited thinking they were gonna put a loop in on Main Street.

I thought the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    This is correct. Different record labels hold the copyright to the Hollywood Pops, Paul Mauriat and the other recordings from Main Street. Even though the CAROLS are public domain, the performances are not. If Justin Timberlake were to put out a Christmas album of carols, most of those carols would be copyrighted by the label that produced and sold the recording. Justin Timberlake wouldn't have to pay a dime to anyone as most carols are public domain. But if Disneyland, God forbid, wanted to add Justin Timberlake to the Main Street Christmas Loop, they'd have to pay a licensing fee to Timberlake's label. If, however, Timberlake were to record "The Christmas Song", he would have to pay Mel Torme royalties for every CD produced.
    You mean the Estate of Mel Torme...assuming the Estate renewed the Copyright, which they probably have.

There's also a commercial component to copyright violation. Disneyland is a commercial business that charges admission.

I have no commercial interests, and believe me---am not making any money off sharing David Rose songs.

High Leveller said:

"Those recordings placed on the public internet would still be illicit, unless you licensed them for public distribution (by using one of the Creative Commons licenses for example, which the majority of commercial recordings aren't)."

There is nothing illicit about sharing songs over the Internet for personal educational, and other non-commercial uses, and again, it isn't piracy because piracy has a theft component.

But, yes...I understand that Micechat has their own rules, and my getting carried away wanting to share David Rose Christmas songs 3 days before Christmas !!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast