Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162338 ... LastLast

• Yearning for Disneyland

Re: When will it be busy at Disneyland - 2010 Edition

Ditto on that particular weekend in June; the one right before Flag Day. I may be in town for a few days and was thinking Wednesday-Friday morning. SoCal is blocked but Deluxe isn't, so that technically should mean not horrible crowds. But with WoC hopefully open, that might throw things out of whack.

I guess it doesn't really matter, since if I go, I'll go, hang the crowds (my dates aren't flexible). I just hate crowds; that's all.

...and just a little bit of pixie dust!
    http://www.spareoom.net

Ha ha, me too Gymfan, those are really the best dates for me too. I just want to know what to expect, and am wondering if there is anything crazy going on from June 9th through the 12th that I should keep in mind.

I was just curious about why they wouldn't put blackout dates on June 30th, July 1 and July 2 as well, since I believe that would be a more popular weekend for tourists and locals alike.

Hopefully we will be there with beautiful weather, marginally crazy crowds, and all the entertainment.

If anyone knows about anything else, please let us know! : )

We're thinking of going twice this year: May 17-19 and a couple of days either the week before or after October 17. I think they'll both be pretty good dates, but I was hoping to get an estimate on the park hours (both parks) - particularly for the May dates. By that time, are Fantasmic, fireworks and the Electrical Light Parade on during the week or just weekends?

Thanks!
    Last edited by LornaRose; 02-09-2010 at 02:11 PM.

Wondering about May 6-12....will the River be back? Fantasmic? Fireworks? TIA

Well, I didn't hear anything good about the weekend of the 19th, so now I am asking what you think about any weekend in March. I hate that it has to be a weekend, but that is the only time my aunt and I can make it work. Out of all the weekends in March, which do you think would be best? I know this is a pretty broad question, but I appreciate any help you can give. We are trying to get this trip together quickly. If we don't do it soon, we will have to forfeit the tickets Disney very generously reimbursed us with. Please help!

• Shifting cargo

I'm going May 21st-26th which is Friday-Wednesday. Is the schedule still Mon-Fri. 9am-9pm and Sat-Sun 8am-12pm in May?

Also, what days of the week does electrical parade plan to run?

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• in the Golden Afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    I'm going May 21st-26th which is Friday-Wednesday. Is the schedule still Mon-Fri. 9am-9pm and Sat-Sun 8am-12pm in May?

Also, what days of the week does electrical parade plan to run?
    DEP may only be going on the weekends. I'm not sure if the end of May is still considered the off-season.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Te Electrical Parade is ending its run in Anaheim in mid-April, at the end of the Spring/Easter Break season. (and the end of the 2fer offer in SoCal, unless Disney extends it to match up with the delay for World of Color).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

I have my fingers crossed for light crowds from 4/26-4/29. Monday through Thursday, two weeks after Easter. I don't think WOC will be open yet.

Any predictions?

We are also going from April 25th to the 30th, and hoping for lighter crowds. Same time last year was not bad at all if thats any indication.

I wish I knew the Park hours and schedules for that time.

• Shifting cargo

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Te Electrical Parade is ending its run in Anaheim in mid-April, at the end of the Spring/Easter Break season. (and the end of the 2fer offer in SoCal, unless Disney extends it to match up with the delay for World of Color).
    So wait... is it completely ending its run or is it coming back in the summer months? It breaks my heart that it won't be there when I go.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

So wait... is it completely ending its run or is it coming back in the summer months? It breaks my heart that it won't be there when I go.

Me too! My daughter absolutely loved it a few years back and I'm sad she won't get to see it again this year! It sounds like they're sending it to WDW for the summer (at least). I don't know if it's indefinite.

Since May is still considered off-season, will the shows (Fantasmic, fireworks, WOC) only run on the weekends when the parks are open later?

Gay day or Bats Day
    Janette

We're thinking the 24th (of feb). Theres a private party that night and the park closes an hour early. Do you think the shorter hours would mean more people would just opt to stay home, or will there be no difference?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Disney has officially announced that the Electrical Parade will be MOVING to Florida this summer, the last day of the Electrical Parade in DCA will be Sunday, April 18th. (As Always, subject to change, but seriously doubt it will be much later than that, as they need to ship the floats to Florida in time for rehearsals in Florida prior to its opening).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com