Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516172439 ... LastLast

• Storyteller

Re: When will it be busy at Disneyland - 2010 Edition

I'm planning a summer trip with lots of friends for June 26th thru 30th, which is a Saturday thru Wednesday. It sounds as though I should expect the typical summer crowds. Will it be busier than the average week in summer due to being close to July 4th?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JFSebastian View Post
    I'm planning a summer trip with lots of friends for June 26th thru 30th, which is a Saturday thru Wednesday. It sounds as though I should expect the typical summer crowds. Will it be busier than the average week in summer due to being close to July 4th?
    The last week of June thru mid-August tends to be the busiest weeks of Summer. July the 4th is the exception, as the traffic patterns on that day are different due to the special event as compared to the rest of the week. Last Year, Disney actually offered the "American" fireworks salute a few days to try and get some of the Annual Passholders to come in advance to avoid some of the over-crowding that happens on the 4th.
    Last edited by Darkbeer; 02-13-2010 at 02:53 PM. Reason: And the word "Fireworks" to make the post make more sense
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Storyteller

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    The last week of June thru mid-August tends to be the busiest weeks of Summer. July the 4th is the exception, as the traffic patterns on that day are different due to the special event as compared to the rest of the week. Last Year, Disney actually offered the "American" salute a few days to try and get some of the Annual Passholders to come in advance to avoid some of the over-crowding that happens on the 4th.
    Thanks Darkbeer. I'm used to the heavy summer crowds so it shouldn't be a problem. Most of my trips each year are in the off-season, so a busy summer trip is always kind of exciting.

• Shifting cargo

Quote Originally Posted by JFSebastian View Post
    Thanks Darkbeer. I'm used to the heavy summer crowds so it shouldn't be a problem. Most of my trips each year are in the off-season, so a busy summer trip is always kind of exciting.
    A trip sometime during the, oh I don't know... 21st through the 26th of May could be nice.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Sad Re: When will it be busy at Disneyland - 2010 Edition

Disney has officially announced that the Electrical Parade will be MOVING to Florida this summer, the last day of the Electrical Parade in DCA will be Sunday, April 18th. (As Always, subject to change, but seriously doubt it will be much later than that, as they need to ship the floats to Florida in time for rehearsals in Florida prior to its opening).
    That sucks. That's my mom's favorite. Gotta make sure we go see it before it leaves.

• Minion

I'm going in exactly 4 weeks from now, which'll be the first time in 9 years that I've been. About how bad is it early in the Spring Break season?
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    I'm going in exactly 4 weeks from now, which'll be the first time in 9 years that I've been. About how bad is it early in the Spring Break season?
    What is "Early"?

Spring Break season starts on March 5th...

But as of March 12th, Disneyland is open from 8 AM to Midnight 7 days a week until April 11th. (Maximum standard operating hours). That means Disney is expecting the park to be VERY Busy. Spring/Easter Break has changed in the last decade or so, as more and more schools move away from "Easter" Sunday, which most schools had the week prior, or the week after Easter Sunday off. Now, more and more schoos have a week in March off. (Though Disney does have an extra hour or two added for the week of April 12th due to some late Spring Breakers)

How has the park attendance been this week? With this great weather I expect it's been packed.

• Minion

What is "Early"?

Spring Break season starts on March 5th...

But as of March 12th, Disneyland is open from 8 AM to Midnight 7 days a week until April 11th. (Maximum standard operating hours). That means Disney is expecting the park to be VERY Busy. Spring/Easter Break has changed in the last decade or so, as more and more schools move away from "Easter" Sunday, which most schools had the week prior, or the week after Easter Sunday off. Now, more and more schoos have a week in March off. (Though Disney does have an extra hour or two added for the week of April 12th due to some late Spring Breakers)
    Huh, didn't realize it started that early now. But it's still not "Park closing" levels of crowded yet I assume?
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by whamo View Post
    How has the park attendance been this week? With this great weather I expect it's been packed.
    Yea I was wondering that too. I noticed that Disneyland was open 'till 11 tonight which struck me at odd for a Tuesday in Feb. Maybe leftover presidents day crowds still lingering?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSaint View Post
    Yea I was wondering that too. I noticed that Disneyland was open 'till 11 tonight which struck me at odd for a Tuesday in Feb. Maybe leftover presidents day crowds still lingering?
    Actually many schools in the South West of the USA (but not many in SoCal) get a full week off this week, normally called Ski/Rodeo week.

Disney is expecting larger than normal crowds due to that fact.

Ski/Rodeo week.
    Awesome!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Anyone know why it was so packed today? It might have been a furlough day for local schools. At 10:30 AM, the line for pirates was down past the River Belle with both sides open and by 11 AM, the line for Indy was past the Jungle Cruise entrance. Healthy lines at the bag check and getting in today as well.

I guess Spring has arrived?

• Minion

My school has a "mid-winter" break right now, and some of my friends are down there, and I think someone said that today is Mardi Gras?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Minion

It's official... August 21-28. Booked and paid for the hotel today. We're going to get our 1st annual passes which will be nice because we're doing a longer trip so we can have a couple beach days... but we can still hit the park up at night.

So... I assume late August isn't as bad as the middle of summer, but it appears the summer blackout dates for both SoCal passes end around these dates for the most part. Will this have a big effect on park attendance?