Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567142954 ... LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: When will it be busy at Disneyland - 2010 Edition

Since you are talking about the "2010" dates, I presume you are talking about Monday, January 4th.

I think Disney has made some MAJOR errors in scheduling that week, LA Unified School district and many other schools in the Southwest don't go back to school until January 11th, manily due to the fact some families keep their kids out for the full 12 days of Christmas, and have major celebrations on Three Kings Day, January 6th. (a lot of them have left the mainland USA to their Home Country (or places like Puerto Rico) and it costs the schools a lot of money in unexcused absences.

Second of which is the fact that the Rose Bowl is hosting the BCS National Football Championship Game on Thursday, January 7th.

But Disney has went to the basic 10 to 8 hours at Disneyland (10 to 6 at DCA) and no parades Monday through Thursday.

With the SoCal and SoCal Selects not blocked out, and so many local kids having the week off.... Looks like Disney is going to have to think about expanding hours, maybe not until after they find the large crowds in the parks.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

im going this monday-tuesday.. how crowded will it be?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by si_the_mermaid View Post
    im going this monday-tuesday.. how crowded will it be?
    As mentioned above, VERY busy, refurb closures will have less capacity in the parks, and many folks are still on vacation, or visiting the SoCal area due to the BCS Bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    As mentioned above, VERY busy, refurb closures will have less capacity in the parks, and many folks are still on vacation, or visiting the SoCal area due to the BCS Bowl game.
    darn. so true. thanks for the info though!

• Ready for takeoff

Our next trip is scheduled for February 16-18.

How busy do you think it will be?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FolsomFan View Post
    Our next trip is scheduled for February 16-18.

How busy do you think it will be?
    Much busier than a normal off-season weekend. Last year, Disney expanded hours this week, as many schools in the South West get a week off on the Presidents Day Holiday period, usually call Ski or Rodeo week. If I remember, I think the park was 9 to 9 instead of 10 to 8, so when Disney adds an extra 2 hours, they are expecting a lot of folks to show up and help pay for those extra hours.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Just found out that some schools will get Monday, February 8th off as a holiday...

And no, not for DCA's 9th Anniversary.

It will be in honor of President's Lincoln's BD. They will give students two 3 day weekends (February 8th and 15th off) instead of one 4 day weekend (February 12th and 15th off).

Disney has already expanded hours on Sunday the 7th (8-Midnight) and Monday the 8th (9 to 9) due to the expected large crowds.

Over at DCA, it will remain open until 10 PM on Sunday the 7th. But for its Birthday, it will get the normal 10 to 6 hours.....

• Pilot EdForceOne

Why not start a google calendar (or even use the calendars in Vbulletin) to create a public viewable calendar that has all this information on it?
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    clinky, there were some conventions last year that Disney allowed parking in its lots, which, naturally, exacerbated the parking problems. The NAMM comes to mind, being on MLKJr weekend, and a more-than-typical number of conventioneers driving every day instead of staying overnight.
    Disney is obligated to allow the City of Anaheim (the city owns the Convention Center) to have a certain amount of parking spaces when they request it. It was part of the deal that allowed tax dollars to help build the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure.

But it works both ways, Disney is allowed to use the Convention Center Parking areas if they are available, and Disney has been using them a lot lately.

But NAMM will more than likely have the rights to the entire Buzz Lightyear Lot, and more than likely, Parts of Simba.

This will leave Disney with the Parking Structure, the lot north of the structure, Pinocchio, Lilo (the lot that is usually used by Downtown Disney), the other half of Simba, but that will more than likely be held for Downtown Disney parking), Pumbaa and Anaheim GardenWalk. And maybe Pongo will be used for guests. Worse case scenario, if they are all filled, they can access parking at Angel Stadium and/or Honda Center, and offer the Coach America Bus service. (Anaheim PD would be out to direct traffic, along with the electronic signs directing guests to go east on Katella to find Theme Park Parking.

• Ready for takeoff

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Much busier than a normal off-season weekend. Last year, Disney expanded hours this week, as many schools in the South West get a week off on the Presidents Day Holiday period, usually call Ski or Rodeo week. If I remember, I think the park was 9 to 9 instead of 10 to 8, so when Disney adds an extra 2 hours, they are expecting a lot of folks to show up and help pay for those extra hours.
    Interesting ... I thought with it being Tuesday through Thursday, it would not be too bad.

My family is planning on taking our yearly visit on the 3-7th. I've heard some pretty bad things about that week, but after watching a rain storm creep up from the weekend all the way to Thursday, do you think that will affect the week any? I'm hoping a little Thursday drizzle would at least scare away a few locals. (fingers crossed the rain will move up earlier in the week)

OK - can someone please check my assumptions. I've done a bit of reading. We'll be arriving Wed 14 April which is a week and half after Easter. We're leaving 22 April. From what I can tell being the 2nd week after Easter it will be on the busy, then the following week after the Sunday most schools will be back so we'll have easier days.

Does anyone feel that it may be different? Are my assumptions close?

Help me decide....

July 4th through the 13th. Not planning on DL until at least July 6th (will be doing SD Zoo, Sea World and Hollywood.

Or....

October 9th through the 18th.

I am limited to the kiddos only missing 5 days of school. October would include Columbus Day off from school.

Summer has summer crowds, July 4th and the All-Star Game. October has Halloween events (which were terrible last year). But October would be over $400 cheaper for our airfare, have not checked on the room at Hojo's.

This will be our first trip to DL and I am going crazy.

• Achieving epicness.

Living about 2.5 hours away, finally saved up enough to get Deluxe AP's. Might just spring for Premium, but we would never go on the Deluxe blackout dates anyway. So why not save some money. With that said, two immediate trips planned.

January 19th, 20th, 21st.
    February 2nd, 3rd, 4th.

Hopefully it's not busy on these days. Planned around the stuff going on in the area. Might also go to Knotts a day or two if it's bad. Heard it's been dead over there.

• Banned User

To sum up 2010 Crowds: No offseason.

Just like 2009, 2010 will not have an offseason. To make matters worst, the old "get in for free on your birthday" applied the day of your actual birth. Now, families will volunteer together, and will most likely chose a weekend to make their visit to the resort. This will just make crowds horrid.

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567142954 ... LastLast