Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 213643444546474849 ... LastLast

Re: When will it be busy at Disneyland - 2010 Edition

I'll be there tomorrow celebrating my niece's birthday.

Expecting large crowds

• Avid MC reader since 2005

We are planning our next visit (from Arizona) for early November. We can either go Nov. 6 & 7 (Sat, Sun), or we can go Nov. 11 & 12 (Veterans day Thurs, Fri.).

Thoughts on which would be less crowded?

I know holidays are generally busier but, with the way APs have changed things, I am wondering if Veterans will be less busy due to Southern California APs being blocked Nov. 11-13.

However, 12-14 is the start of the Christmas offerings this year. Does that bring locals out in droves regardless of SoCal blockouts?
    Last edited by Tinkbelle; 10-08-2010 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    Busiest day of the year. Expect long long line ups for everything from food to bathrooms to food carts to rides. Also, it will most likely be busy open to close unlike other times when the morning is better.

Thanks for the info...
    im use to it being busy we go for News Years... but never been there on Xmas...
    im a Glee-K

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Expect it to be similar

• A spoonful of sugar!

Quote Originally Posted by SillySpook View Post
    My family has visited DLR during early December on several occasions, and we think this is the absolute best time to go. All the holiday overlays are in place, the rides should be at or near 100% operational (i.e., few if any closed for refurbishment), and the crowds relatively small.

The parks' operating hours will be shorter (probably 10 to 8), and Fantasmic! probably won't be showing because usually only happens on weekends during the off-peak season. But other than that, you've picked a great time to visit.
    Thanks! Shorter hours are okay - especially with our toddler!
    Its Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

I'll be there next weekend (Oct 21-24). How busy was it this past weekend? Normal weekend offseason crowds? What were the wait times on the popular rides? Should I expect the same type of crowd when I go?

I went on Saturday and it was the busiest day I'd gone this year. I usually go on Fridays after I get out of the office.

Haunted Mansion Holiday was a good 50 minutes, not bad.

Space Mountain was 75 minutes, average.

Pirates was 45 minutes, above average IMO.

Matterhorn was I think 50 minutes, average.

Cant remember any other ones. Walking through New Orleans Square was a train wreck because of the overflow line for Pirates. Just a lot of foot traffic everywhere, which is what I expected.

Still had a good time though

Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    I went on Saturday and it was the busiest day I'd gone this year. I usually go on Fridays after I get out of the office.

Haunted Mansion Holiday was a good 50 minutes, not bad.

Space Mountain was 75 minutes, average.

Pirates was 45 minutes, above average IMO.

Matterhorn was I think 50 minutes, average.

Cant remember any other ones. Walking through New Orleans Square was a train wreck because of the overflow line for Pirates. Just a lot of foot traffic everywhere, which is what I expected.

Still had a good time though
    That's busy. Not summber busy but busy enough to put me in a bad mood. Guess I'll have to get there at opening and collect fastpasses for the day.

Meh it wasnt too bad. Just get there early enough to jump on th rides you REALLY want to ride first because the later you wait, the longer the lines will get.

Oh and you can only have (1) Fastpass ticket per park admission ticket/AP at a time. Meaning you cant have multiple Fastpass tickets at one time o.0

I was considering the Oct 22-24 Weekend, but was a little worried as BlizzCon will be going on. I'm not sure how many attendees stray from the Con (unlike a business con, folks are generally going as fans, so are very interested in the Convention events). It runs until 8pm Fri and 9pm Sat, so perhaps folks will stay at the Con. It's Friday and Saturday only, however, so I'd expect some folks to arrive early or stay through Sunday and hit the lands.

Attendance was 20K in 2009. Dunno how that is compared to some of the other events at the Convention center… (checks unofficial guide). Looks like about medium sized.

"I DIG A.D.D."

Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    Oh and you can only have (1) Fastpass ticket per park admission ticket/AP at a time. Meaning you cant have multiple Fastpass tickets at one time o.0
    I haven't been on in a while, but unless things have drastically changed, the above is not true. See Darkbeers Joy of Fastpass info. I believe it's still stickied on the main DL forum page. You can have multiple FPs. You just have to wait for the return time window to pass or for 2 hours to pass since you got your last FP.
    Last edited by DisneySuiteFreak; 10-12-2010 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySuiteFreak View Post
    I haven't been on in a while, but unless things have drastically changed, the above is not true. See Darkbeers Joy of Fastpass info. I believe it's still stickied on the main DL forum page. You can have multiple FPs. You just have to wait for the return time window to pass or for 2 hours to pass since you got your last FP.
    Hey thanks for clearing that up. I had no idea about this. Good to know tho for sure I thought we could only get one at a time until we rode the ride that we got a FP on

Thanks again and sorry for the misleading info

Also remember that the "Fastpass" for Wold of Color doesn't count against these limits.

"I DIG A.D.D."

How is Sat and Sunday weekend of Dec 18 and 19? Last year was great mid week for Sunday and Monday early December, but how are the Saturdays? Is it a Nightmare Before Christmas? (Get it? Ha? ...Crickets...)

• Got Jack?

I was there on Christmas Eve last year and crowds were very light, but Christmas day was another story! Never go to Disneyland on Christmas Day if you can't stand overcrowded conditions and long lines!

On another note, I know this past Monday was Columbus Day, but it seems to have been super busy this entire week. Was there a convention in town?

Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 213643444546474849 ... LastLast