Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055 ... LastLast

Re: When will it be busy at Disneyland - 2010 Edition

Thinking about Saturday, January 30th. SoCal AP blocked out, no conventions.

• Here Kitty, Kitty...

We're going to be in town for the 55th celebration. We're flying in the 14th, not going to the park that day because we don't land till 3:30 and then still have to get to anaheim, and we're from FL so we're 3 hours behind, so I think we'll go to DtD that night if we don't fall asleep at 8, LOL! So will it be busy Thurs. 15th or Fri. 16th? We know it will be Sat. because well it's Sat. but what about Thurs. and Fri.?

OK, done about as much research as I can on this, but now I need some input (pardon the length of the posting):

We usually go during March or April, but this year, we've got to go during the beginning of the Summer Season (waiting for our newborn to get a little older, kids in school til end of May, mother-in-law teaches school til end of May, wife in school til end of April).

So we've got it narrowed down to the 1st or second week of June (hopefully getting a "lighter" beginning of the summer season rather than peak summer crowds). We figured we'd go on Mon/Tues/Wed to the parks (5/31-6/2 OR 6/7-6/9), to avoid the wekend crowds and Grad Nites. The first week is Memorial Day week, which will make the Monday potentially more crowded, but the 2nd week may be more crowded generally (especially considering the Th/F/Sat of the 2nd week are blocked out on a couple passes).

Which do you think will be less crowded, or do you think they're pretty much equal?

The last time we went in June was in June 13-15th 2005, when the 50th Anniversary was in full swing. It was busy, but not unbearable.

Thanks for your help!

Peoria, Az..about 6 hours away from disneyland!

We're planning our next trip for the last week of march 29- april 1st.

Is spring break in full swing yet?

• Peaches and Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Dianababii View Post
    We're planning our next trip for the last week of march 29- april 1st.

Is spring break in full swing yet?
    most definately

Quote Originally Posted by pose2pose View Post
    OK, done about as much research as I can on this, but now I need some input (pardon the length of the posting):

We usually go during March or April, but this year, we've got to go during the beginning of the Summer Season (waiting for our newborn to get a little older, kids in school til end of May, mother-in-law teaches school til end of May, wife in school til end of April).

So we've got it narrowed down to the 1st or second week of June (hopefully getting a "lighter" beginning of the summer season rather than peak summer crowds). We figured we'd go on Mon/Tues/Wed to the parks (5/31-6/2 OR 6/7-6/9), to avoid the wekend crowds and Grad Nites. The first week is Memorial Day week, which will make the Monday potentially more crowded, but the 2nd week may be more crowded generally (especially considering the Th/F/Sat of the 2nd week are blocked out on a couple passes).

Which do you think will be less crowded, or do you think they're pretty much equal?

The last time we went in June was in June 13-15th 2005, when the 50th Anniversary was in full swing. It was busy, but not unbearable.

Thanks for your help!
    This is a horrendous time to go, because it is right before SoCal APs are blocked for the rest of summer. The absolute worst crowds of the summer in 2009 were in early/mid-June. I believe some days in early/mid-June was the only time that Disneyland actually had to close its gates during the summer.

Look at a SoCal AP calender. The days that SoCal APs can be used in June (which is typically Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and some other weekdays): don't go.

Last year in early/mid-June, the "weekend" crowds were on Mondays and Tuesdays. Saturdays were the best days to go.

How has it been the last few days now that the Christmas stuff is all over? Is it fairly light cause so much is closed or is it terribly busy with So Cal passes being allowed back in? Heading to the parks tomorrow morning, just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Phillipnotphil View Post
    Thinking about Saturday, January 30th. SoCal AP blocked out, no conventions.
    Please see: MiceChat banner at top of page.
    Granted, it will be a much funner big crowd. (We will not affect the crowd level all that much.)

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSaint View Post
    How has it been the last few days now that the Christmas stuff is all over? Is it fairly light cause so much is closed or is it terribly busy with So Cal passes being allowed back in? Heading to the parks tomorrow morning, just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

i was at the park jan. 4th and it wasent bad till later on that day. on january 5th it got a little more crowded though. im not sure if its getting worse as the week goes on or better. i say expect crowds.. even though some things are closed i dont think it stops people from going.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

My friend is going this Saturday the 9th and is asking me how the crowds will be. My guess is that it'll probably be light crowds since SoCal is blocked out, but anyone have a second opinion?

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Achieving epicness.

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    My friend is going this Saturday the 9th and is asking me how the crowds will be. My guess is that it'll probably be light crowds since SoCal is blocked out, but anyone have a second opinion?
    Last weekend LAUSD is out of school.
    Will actually be pretty busy I think.

Plus (correct me if I'm wrong) new fireworks/CASP/WOC debut the 8th?
    I think that's what I was reading.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

WOC doesn't debut until later, I haven't heard anything about new fireworks but I could be mistaken. :P

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Banned User

Hi folks, I asked about this in the 2009 thread, but now I have some more precise dates. We are looking at May 24-26 (which happens to fall on Monday-Wed.) How do those days sound? Thanks!

By the way, how do you look up AP blockout dates?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Blockout dates, just go here and click on the each of the "view calendar" in regards to the specific AP. (lower left of the page).

www.disneyland.com/ap

As for your dates, it should be fairly light, with the exception of DCA and the World of Color Show.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

OK thanks, Darkbeer. A follow up question on this: according to the OP, the park will be busy when the SoCal AP is not blocked out on a Sunday. On May 23, the Southern California Select is blocked out, but not the Southern California pass. So is it likely to be busy that day too, or not?

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055 ... LastLast