Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4047484950515253 ... LastLast

Re: When will it be busy at Disneyland - 2010 Edition

The 13th and 14th are the CM holiday parties IIRC, but yes, that will be much less busy. Experience DCA in the night, and DL in the daytime.

• "CA - CA! RAWRRR!"

Today was not busy. Yay!

• Light up the HALO!

How do you guys think December 2-5 will be?
    As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain

My family and I will be visiting Southern California over Christmas (December 22-29) would you recomend visiting Disneyland before or after the 25th?

We are traveling from Canada and have been to the park many times before but not around Christmas time. I know it will be busy but just wondering if it is less busy before or after Christmas day.

Thanks,
    Last edited by freezerburn; 11-14-2010 at 07:53 PM.

Today (Tuesday, the 9th) was an awesome day to go to Disneyland! The park wasn't packed at all, no wait for most rides except midway mania and peter pan!

I wonder, on days that the park reaches capacity are they the ones where all APs can go or when most are blacked out? I'm thinking the later as they would be blacked out on New Years eve and other popular dates. But I don't know how often that happens (but I think it happens more now than it used to?)

I hope this Friday doesn't reach capacity!!!!!

• Please pull the yellowtab

Quote Originally Posted by skoolpsyk View Post
    I wonder, on days that the park reaches capacity are they the ones where all APs can go or when most are blacked out? I'm thinking the later as they would be blacked out on New Years eve and other popular dates. But I don't know how often that happens (but I think it happens more now than it used to?)

I hope this Friday doesn't reach capacity!!!!!
    The park has reached full-capacity on both blockout days and non-blockout days. It has been occuring more often now that Annual Passports are affordable. (sidenote: More expensive, but more affordable thanks to the AP monthly payments plans.)

I'm assuming you are concerned about the likelihood of full-capacity during this upcoming Christmas-time at the parks...I can only advise you that full-capacity is more likely on Friday, Saturday, Veterans Day weekend, Thanksgiving week/weekend, during Candlelight Procession (occurs on a weekend typically in early Dec.), the week of Christmas, and the week of New Years.

The one day I know you should avoid at all cost is New Years Eve. It has consistently reached full-capacity.

Christmas at DLR is the most popular time to visit for locals and out-of-towners. And as you can see, this leaves only weekdays (excluding Fridays), the week before Thanksgiving, and the first 2 weeks of December as the best times to visit.

I don't mean to discourage anyone from going, but crowds are almost unavoidable during this time period. In my experience, even a rainy day has little impact on crowd levels during peak Christmas-time. The only time I've seen a truly deserted DLR during Christmas-time was in the middle of week (i.e. Tuesday-Wednesday) in early December while kids are chained to their desks and adults are at work.
    Last edited by 2ndStar2theRight; 11-10-2010 at 03:37 PM.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

Last year we went the Monday and Tuesday before Christmas (the 21stand 22nd) and it wasn't that bad at all. Part of the joy of Christmastime are the evening festivities. If we had ttried to fit it all in one day the crowds would've killed us but it was quite managable with 2 days a fastpasses. We'll be doing the same plan this year and are very excited. My main concern is getting to see World of Color. Hopefully I'm not jinxing it

someone please help! would it be better to go today or tommorow?

Tomorrow will be craziness since its the first actual day of the Holiday season.

My guess is today would be better.

• Please pull the yellowtab

Quote Originally Posted by d land fan View Post
    someone please help! would it be better to go today or tommorow?
    Today and tomorrow should be crowded.

Today is Veterans Day and many people, including students, have the day off. It should be a busy day. Tomorrow is the first day of holiday offerings at DLR so expect crowds, especially later in the day.

If you do go today... you will get to see Christmas decorations but they won't be offering the Christmas Fantasy parade or the fireworks show "Believe" nor the special snow fall that they do during the official holiday season at DLR.

Even though it'll be crowded, I'd rather be at DLR than stuck in the office. Have fun!

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• DisneyFreak100

I live about 20 minutes from disneyland...I went to the park yesterday not that bad at all actually even though they had all asb students there. I am also going tomorrow even though I know it will be crowded (get special perk of the wheel chair entrance)....Most school districts in southern oc and a few in northern oc have to go to school tomorrow and all adults are back to work...It will still be crowded but not nearly that bad compared to today! (:

Maybe ill see you around tomorrow

Disneyfreak

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfreak101 View Post
    I live about 20 minutes from disneyland...I went to the park yesterday not that bad at all actually even though they had all asb students there. I am also going tomorrow even though I know it will be crowded (get special perk of the wheel chair entrance)....Most school districts in southern oc and a few in northern oc have to go to school tomorrow and all adults are back to work...It will still be crowded but not nearly that bad compared to today! (:

Maybe ill see you around tomorrow

Disneyfreak
    Many of the entertainment companies and agencies have given their employees tomorrow Friday off in lieu of Thursday. Many private schools in SoCal are off tomorrow. Question is how are neighboring state's situated...if it's a 3 day weekend for tomorrow it will be bad. First day of holiday experience tomorrow too so I have a feeling it will be bad. I'm debating myself whether to go.

•   

I know this is the 2010 thread but since there isn't a 2011 yet I hope someone can help. We are planning a trip in Feb. and are wondering if there is anything the week of the 28th that would cause bigger crowds. The convention center shows a cheer event the weekend before and I don't know how that or anything else will effect crowds. Any help is appreciated.
    Go Cougars!

• DisneyFreak100

Im not sure about any conventions but february is normally the best time to go with the least amount of crowds except presidents day so if there isnt anything you should be fine

Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4047484950515253 ... LastLast