Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3284350515253545556 LastLast

Re: When will it be busy at Disneyland - 2010 Edition

Any thoughts on how busy December 13th and 14th will be? Both days close early for castmember parties. Thanks in advance.

• UnExiled Minion

Quote Originally Posted by realbetis View Post
    Any thoughts on how busy December 13th and 14th will be? Both days close early for castmember parties. Thanks in advance.
    Lighter than average. I believe that cast members (I'm referring to Burbank/Glendale ones) are discouraged from taking the whole day off, so it's not as if the place is rife with them.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I am down here in anaheim and I have gone the last two days which have been great. If anyone is reading this thread to plan for next year, the week after thanksgiving rocks! It has been sunny and beautiful outside, there have been people moving around, but the last two days the longest wait I have waited was in toy story mainia for 35-40 mins. All the big rides have been 20 mins or less and most have been 10 mins to walkon. I still have two more days to go as well(thurs&sun). I will always have my trip on this week. Happy planning everyone.

• True Disney Freak

We were up there Sunday and Monday, Sunday surprisingly was much more pleasant than Monday. Monday was fairly crowded and with the rides running at weekday capacity most of the lines for the big rides were 35-45 minutes and the smaller rides 30 minutes plus.

• Goofy

were the parks busy today?

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

any thoughts as to how the 9th of december is ...will be moderate crowds or will it be majorly crowded

I'm heading to the parks the 19-21! Hoping crowds aren't too bad because I am taking a friend who has never been to the parks before.

In general, what is the least busy weekday?

• UnExiled Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KJ777 View Post
    I'm heading to the parks the 19-21! Hoping crowds aren't too bad because I am taking a friend who has never been to the parks before.
    My kids are out of school that week. Might be pretty crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
    In general, what is the least busy weekday?
    Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday not near three-day weekends, and in "off-season." Preferably raining.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

What do you guys think about this Friday the 10th? Going with a friend of mine who hasn't been there since he was a kid.. So it should be interesting.

• TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by Lena View Post
    What do you guys think about this Friday the 10th? Going with a friend of mine who hasn't been there since he was a kid.. So it should be interesting.
    Local Schools are still in session , so hopefully it wont be too busy... Go early and hope for the best
    and PS Good to see you posting

Hi first time poster, I'm planning on going tomorrow, what do you guys think?

• UnExiled Minion

Quote Originally Posted by proudmommyofthree View Post
    Hi first time poster, I'm planning on going tomorrow, what do you guys think?
    I think it's a great idea. Wish I could go, too.

Tuesday the 7th was busy. Not so much like a Saturday in September or March, but still busy. At rope drop, line for Peter Pan was already 45 minutes. But crowds were still manageable, however until about 3:00 when many people came to see the parade and fireworks after getting out of work early. My son was napping in our van at Mickey's structure from 2-4 and I watched till the parking went from available spots on Daisy to the top level.

Ride lines were pretty much empty during the parade (my son likes to watch maybe 5 minutes of a parade then leave). Makes me think the purported plan to limit the parade and fireworks to special events might be a winner at least for Disney as it seemed the crowds were coming specifically for these.

• Please pull the yellowtab

Smile Re: When will it be busy at Disneyland - 2010 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Gting View Post
    Tuesday the 7th was busy. Not so much like a Saturday in September or March, but still busy. At rope drop, line for Peter Pan was already 45 minutes. But crowds were still manageable, however until about 3:00 when many people came to see the parade and fireworks after getting out of work early. My son was napping in our van at Mickey's structure from 2-4 and I watched till the parking went from available spots on Daisy to the top level.

Ride lines were pretty much empty during the parade (my son likes to watch maybe 5 minutes of a parade then leave). Makes me think the purported plan to limit the parade and fireworks to special events might be a winner at least for Disney as it seemed the crowds were coming specifically for these.
    Thanks Gting for sharing your insights with us! I've never heard of a 45 min. @ rope drop midweek in early Dec. for Peter Pan . Were other rides like Indy just as bad? You probably got caught on a bad day when similarly minded people thought to take the day off and enjoy a day at DL. It goes to show you crowd levels during Christmas are unpredictable even during a 'slow week'.

For anyone thinking of going to DLR to enjoy the holiday offerings expect crowds, that way you won't be stressed when you do happen to encounter an unusually large crowd. Or, if you get lucky and the crowd size is negligible, consider it a pleasant surprise . As I've mentioned before, the crowds at DLR will only get worse from now on. People are starting to fully settle into the Christmas state of mind and will likewise flock to DLR in order to immerse themselves in the holiday spirit.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.