Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 42944515253545556 LastLast

Re: When will it be busy at Disneyland - 2010 Edition

I did end up going yesterday and I'm glad we did. The crowd was very light. The longest wait was about 20 minutes for the haunted mansion. Some rides were walk ons like pirates. It's a small world was only about 10 minute wait.

I upgraded to an annual pass and I can't wait to go again!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndStar2theRight View Post
    Thanks Gting for sharing your insights with us! I've never heard of a 45 min. @ rope drop midweek in early Dec. for Peter Pan . Were other rides like Indy just as bad? You probably got caught on a bad day when similarly minded people thought to take the day off and enjoy a day at DL. It goes to show you crowd levels during Christmas are unpredictable even during a 'slow week'.
    Yes, & weather was also nice for the first time after a cold spell. It was busy for a midweek (definately not slow), but also not too bad until the time came to line up for the parade. From my unique perspective in the garage, I could tell alot of people were getting out of work/school for just the holiday events. Great for those who loved rides...after the parade started Pirates was walk on, Indy was relatively short, HM was walk on, Casey Jr. 10 minutes (it had been 40 earlier in the day with 1 train running), and the Tiki birds had to beg for people to watch them. Bad for trying to walk down mainstreet and all spots down from center circle to the Christmas tree were full for fireworks watchers

Next Week Dec Wed Dec 15 - Fri Dec 17. Should we do WOC on Fri because there are three shows?

• Please pull the yellowtab

Quote Originally Posted by bstone76 View Post
    Next Week Dec Wed Dec 15 - Fri Dec 17. Should we do WOC on Fri because there are three shows?
    I would not recommend seeing WOC on Friday, but instead on Wednesday or Thursday. It would be better to go sometime mid-week rather than later. If you go Wed/Thurs. the line for WOC fastpasses will be much shorter and you will have more personal space when you settle into your assigned viewing area.

There are 3 WOC shows on Friday night because they expect huge crowds to show up. As I mentioned in a prior post:
    ...Locals will flood the park on Friday (as they usually do) to celebrate the end of the work/school-week. So if you do decide to go on Friday, brace yourself for crowds that arrive after 3 PM.

Friday evenings are popular with locals throughout the year who come without fail every Friday to enjoy the Fireworks and night-time entertainment. Add the appeal of a 2-month-long celebration of Christmas and you have a very busy park.
    This week should be very busy due to the fact that this is the last week for 2 of the 4 AP types (i.e. the lower tier APs: SoCal Select & SoCal). Friday is the very last day for them to enjoy the parks. As for Deluxe APs, they won't be blocked out until a few days later. After that, these AP holders won't be able to visit the parks until after New Years (Jan. 3).

In addition to the rush of AP holders this week, many schools are beginning to set their students free for winter break. It'll be busy but so worth it! I usually abhor crowds but during Christmas-time I think the crowds add to the charm of the holidays at DLR.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Dinka Flinka

Next week, Tuesday and Wednesday? We have priority seating for WOC's early show on Tuesday, so that should help out a bit. That's really the only thing we want/need to see...

This Friday was very busy, but we got there around 11am and still managed to get everything done at least once by 7:30pm. Space mountain line got up to 75mins by 8pm. We managed to not wait more than 40 mins for the rides. Going on small world during the parades was the best thing because the line was less than 10 mins long. Only waited maybe 20 mins for indy, 10 for haunted mansion, due to the fastpass. Matterhorn went by quickly even though the line was long, they had both sides open. Indy broke down at least 4 times that day..lol..

Then we went to see Fantasmic.. We managed to find perfect seats at 8:15, even though it looked packed. Then they announced shortly that the area was full. Saw the fireworks, snow then fantasmic. Show went without a hitch..Then we went home. Great day considering how packed it was.

• triple seven

I just looked at the weather and its showing showers the 19-21- during my visit. Does anyone think that the crowds will still be bad or will this help ease the amount of people going to the parks?

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Rain usually thins crowds. If its not a big deal for you, you should enjoy short waits. Be warned though that if attendance is light enough, Disney may close the park early.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ777 View Post
    I just looked at the weather and its showing showers the 19-21- during my visit. Does anyone think that the crowds will still be bad or will this help ease the amount of people going to the parks?
    I just saw the same thing for my visit, 12/18-22. I really hope it helps keep crowds light.

But, I bought dessert seats for Fantasmic, so I hope it doesn't get canceled.

Will there soon be a 2011 version of this list? I am going mid-January and wanted to see if there were any events that might be cause for busyness at the park during that time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lalolovesme View Post
    I just saw the same thing for my visit, 12/18-22. I really hope it helps keep crowds light.

But, I bought dessert seats for Fantasmic, so I hope it doesn't get canceled.
    lalolovesme you're right rain is a blessing 99% of the time. Although fewer people go to the parks on rainy days there is a chance shows will be cancelled due to the weather, and on occasion operating hours are shortened.

In January, I went to DLR during what is typically a very busy 3-day weekend but it was raining so hard that people stayed away from the parks. I never waited longer than 5 minutes for any of the rides, and I was able to go on every attraction that was open. Note: Some rides are unavailable during rainy weather (e.g. Teacups). Plus, it was meet-and-greet galore with so many characters hanging out with literally no lines. On rainy days, you can find most characters hanging out in the Opera house (Mr. Lincoln) on DL's MainStreet and over in DCA they hang out in the Animation Academy building.

However, because of the rain and lack of crowds, DLR decided to shorten park hours. That day DL was expected to close @ 10pm, but the rain forced early closure @ 6pm. CMs were very happy. But some guests were upset that they had already paid full price and had fewer hours to enjoy the park.

Quote Originally Posted by l0nepinemall View Post
    Will there soon be a 2011 version of this list? I am going mid-January and wanted to see if there were any events that might be cause for busyness at the park during that time.

Thanks
    Were you thinking of going during MLK Jr. weekend?
    Last edited by 2ndStar2theRight; 12-15-2010 at 10:27 AM.

Were you thinking of going during MLK Jr. weekend?
    No, I will be there the next week, the 21st-23rd. I'm sure MLK Jr weekend is quite busy!

• Dinka Flinka

Do they still show WoC during rain?

Quote Originally Posted by l0nepinemall View Post
    No, I will be there the next week, the 21st-23rd. I'm sure MLK Jr weekend is quite busy!
    My mistake. I thought your mid-January question was in regards to MLK Jr. weekend. It's the busiest weekend in January along with New Years weekend.
    Last edited by 2ndStar2theRight; 12-15-2010 at 11:35 AM.

My mistake. I thought your mid-January question was in regards to MLK Jr. weekend. It's the busiest weekend in January along with New Years weekend.
    That's okay! I would have guessed I was going then too. But no, it'll be the next weekend. I guess I was just curious if there'll be any local conventions or any reason that might make this an especially busy weekend.