Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34567891631 ... LastLast

• UnExiled Minion

Re: When will it be busy at Disneyland - 2010 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    OK thanks, Darkbeer. A follow up question on this: according to the OP, the park will be busy when the SoCal AP is not blocked out on a Sunday. On May 23, the Southern California Select is blocked out, but not the Southern California pass. So is it likely to be busy that day too, or not?
    According to your own words, yes, it will be crowded.

SoCal Select is blocked out every Sunday, I believe. It is not the issue.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Predictions for January 19th?

• UnExiled Minion

Quote Originally Posted by whamo View Post
    Predictions for January 19th?
    Does the OP classify that date?
    Tuesday after a 3-day weekend. Should be fine.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Please pull the yellowtab

Wait times seem to be unaffected by the BCS Championship game going on right now. Even with DCA currently closed, wait times over at DL: Space Mountain 47 min, Peter Pan 33 min, and Nemo 23 min. With these wait times you wouldn't even know that a big sporting event was happening less than 30 miles away.
    Last edited by 2ndStar2theRight; 01-07-2010 at 08:12 PM.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Banned User

Thanks for your reply, Sediment.

Here's a related question: how accurate are the posted wait times at DLR? Over in the WDW threads, people were talking about how the wait times are often inflated in Orlando, something which I've noticed, too. Is the same true at DLR?

• UnExiled Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndStar2theRight View Post
    Wait times seem to be unaffected by the BCS Championship game going on right now. Even with DCA currently closed, wait times over at DL: Space Mountain 47 min, Peter Pan 33 min, and Nemo 23 min. With these wait times you wouldn't even know that a big sporting event was happening less than 30 miles away.
    Well, 20 million people in a 100-mile radius can't fit into the Rose Bowl, but about a million of them can walk into Disneyland for free. (And TiVo the game.)

• UnExiled Minion

Thanks for your reply, Sediment.

Here's a related question: how accurate are the posted wait times at DLR? Over in the WDW threads, people were talking about how the wait times are often inflated in Orlando, something which I've noticed, too. Is the same true at DLR?
    # Complaints about wait times longer than posted > # Complaints about wait times shorter than posted.
    Just seems the wise thing to do to lower the number of complaints.

• Hakuna Matata!

My mom just go to the park and said it's really busy today. everyone still in town from the Bowl games.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    # Complaints about wait times longer than posted > # Complaints about wait times shorter than posted.
    Just seems the wise thing to do to lower the number of complaints.
    That response is somewhat cryptic, sediment. Yes, people are more likely to complain about longer than posted wait times. So in your experience, are the wait times generally shorter than posted at DLR?

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsTFVolunteer View Post
    How about Feb 10-12? Taking hubby for his first ever trip. Hope the weather is good!
    Its Presidents Weekend. It will be busy. I dont think it will be unbearable though.

Quote Originally Posted by PCordova View Post
    So happy to see a 2010 edition!

We're thinking about hitting the park on February 26th and 27th (Friday and Saturday), specifically for the Unofficial Homeschool Day. Does anyone have opinions on the attendance during those days in general? Additionally, does anyone have information on Unofficial Homeschool Day in terms of attendance; in other words, will it be a big turn out?

Thanks!
    I didnt even know about that! I suck! I may need to go... so I just upped the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Just found out that some schools will get Monday, February 8th off as a holiday...

And no, not for DCA's 9th Anniversary.

It will be in honor of President's Lincoln's BD. They will give students two 3 day weekends (February 8th and 15th off) instead of one 4 day weekend (February 12th and 15th off).

Disney has already expanded hours on Sunday the 7th (8-Midnight) and Monday the 8th (9 to 9) due to the expected large crowds.

Over at DCA, it will remain open until 10 PM on Sunday the 7th. But for its Birthday, it will get the normal 10 to 6 hours.....
    The hours are 9-10 and 10-7. We were planning on that being day 1 for us, but thanks for the scoop. I'll wait until Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by lad143 View Post
    Help me decide....

July 4th through the 13th. Not planning on DL until at least July 6th (will be doing SD Zoo, Sea World and Hollywood.

Or....

October 9th through the 18th.

I am limited to the kiddos only missing 5 days of school. October would include Columbus Day off from school.

Summer has summer crowds, July 4th and the All-Star Game. October has Halloween events (which were terrible last year). But October would be over $400 cheaper for our airfare, have not checked on the room at Hojo's.

This will be our first trip to DL and I am going crazy.
    OCTOBER. By FAR!!
    I have spent 80 days of my life at Disneyland.

We are going the 8-11th. I already know how busy it will be. But what do you all think?
    I have spent 80 days of my life at Disneyland.

• UnExiled Minion

That response is somewhat cryptic, sediment. Yes, people are more likely to complain about longer than posted wait times. So in your experience, are the wait times generally shorter than posted at DLR?
    Well, it's mathematical. That's my first language, so pardonez moi.

In short: yes, posted wait times are generally longer than realized wait times.

• Banned User

OK, thanks. I guess inflating the posted wait time is a common Disney or theme park policy. And yes, it is logical, psychologically (if not mathematically) speaking.

• Trouble a'Bruin

What are the chances they are going to close the park today?
    I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing-it was all started by a mouse

Thank you for posting all of this information. It was an interesting read that I'll try and remember from now on when choosing a date to go.

I'm going next Friday (January 15th). I'm thinking it wont be that busy, do you guys agree?

Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34567891631 ... LastLast