Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 67891011121934 ... LastLast

Re: When will it be busy at Disneyland - 2010 Edition

Hi everybody! I'm new here, ran into this site looking for info! Just want to see if anybody has an opinion on when my family and I should go. Our options are March 17-19 or June 2-4. What would y'all do?

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by berees View Post
    Hi everybody! I'm new here, ran into this site looking for info! Just want to see if anybody has an opinion on when my family and I should go. Our options are March 17-19 or June 2-4. What would y'all do?
    Either will be fine. June is likely to be hotter. Certainly more burn-inducing. March dates are not close enough to "spring breaks," which are concentrated around Easter. Might rain, though. March rain more likely than June rain.

Me? I'd go both times. You haven't put any restrictions on my wealth or anything. Realistically, and if I were forced to pay for three days, I might stay home. (I'm extremely poor.)

Where y'all comin' from?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

We're coming from Arizona! So the heat won't be anything new. The plus to march is cooler, but the plus to June is new attractions. We have the money to go either time, although it will be easier for us financially to go in June, so we're probably just going to do that. But then again, I burn way too easily. Aaahhh..

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Bat's Day is on May 2nd this year
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Hey, sorry if this has been mentioned already (I'm sure it has), but what is the expectation for the weekend of the MiceChat Anniversary? The 29th - 31st? I am especially interested in the 30th (as that is when I am planning to be there). Any crowd predictions those days?

• Goofy

isn't this weekend martin luther king weekend? it should be busy.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    If you name the conventions in this thread, I'm sure a California local can tell you whether or not it will affect crowd levels.
    We are planning on going 6/20 - 6/24. I am wait listed for 2 of my nights at the VGC (I can get almost any other week during the summer). As I back up, I called the Sheraton Park on Harbor and was told they are almost sold out. I checked the convention calendar and see that the Nanotech convention is the same time. Anybody know if this particular convention impacts the park or is there something else going on at that time?

Thanks.
    EM EYE SEE KAY EE WHY EM OH YOU ES EE

• Achieving epicness.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    isn't this weekend martin luther king weekend? it should be busy.
    Yes, but the rain is suppose to start tonight.
    So it should hinder the big crowds.

Desires should not be hindered, no matter how difficult life might appear to be.
    If you fail, don't cease; keep going, keep trying.
    Giving up is never an option.

• Goofy

i just got back from the parks and it wasn't too bad at all at least until the rain started to begin lol.

It's prime time, starting Tuesday, if not today.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
    We are planning on going 6/20 - 6/24. I am wait listed for 2 of my nights at the VGC (I can get almost any other week during the summer). As I back up, I called the Sheraton Park on Harbor and was told they are almost sold out. I checked the convention calendar and see that the Nanotech convention is the same time. Anybody know if this particular convention impacts the park or is there something else going on at that time?

Thanks.
    Well, that's the first week that every kid (except year-rounders) is out of school. Park should be busy because of that.
    I'm not sure about that convention, but it seems to have booked up the hotels.
    Also note that it's wedding season, and wedders will block off rooms of hotels for their out-of-town guests, making them unavailable to others until some deadline.
    Last edited by sediment; 01-20-2010 at 11:40 AM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Northern Disney Crazy Gal

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Busy. 8-9 on OP scale every day. Maybe a little less so starting the 12th.
    okay thanks...kinda figured it would be being just after Easter. It's Disneyland though so crowds are worth it no matter what :o)
    Going to Disneyland April 2010 for DH Big 30 and Jake's 3rd birthday
    Engaged Disney World 2002..Honeymoon Disneyland 2004..Disneyland '05, '06, '08
    DH:29.....
    . J: 35 months
    Me:29...... E: 22 months

Quote Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post

Thanks.
    As ot the VGC, June 20 -24 is the last 4 or 5 night weeknight only stay at VGC in Choice season this summer. Magic season begins June 28. We had to shoehorn in a stay beginning June 26 with 2 nights in Choice and 1 night in Magic so that we could book a 2 BR. We are points poor, and if we waited until Magic Season for our trip, we would have had to choose between 3 nights in a 1BR or 2 nights in a 2 BR.

As to the Sheraton Park, I note on the website that they are still booking with Cash & Points for those nights, which tends to indicate lots of inventory. The person you spoke with may have been overly optimistic about their chances of a sellout.

Best of luck on your waitlist at the VGC -- Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneSLO View Post
    As ot the VGC, June 20 -24 is the last 4 or 5 night weeknight only stay at VGC in Choice season this summer. Magic season begins June 28. We had to shoehorn in a stay beginning June 26 with 2 nights in Choice and 1 night in Magic so that we could book a 2 BR. We are points poor, and if we waited until Magic Season for our trip, we would have had to choose between 3 nights in a 1BR or 2 nights in a 2 BR.

As to the Sheraton Park, I note on the website that they are still booking with Cash & Points for those nights, which tends to indicate lots of inventory. The person you spoke with may have been overly optimistic about their chances of a sellout.

Best of luck on your waitlist at the VGC -- Suzanne
    I wondered if the lower points was part of the reason.

The C & P for the Sheraton is actually a computer glitch. I tried to book that and got 0 rooms available. So I called Starwood and they told me that it is a computer error that is showing all hotels with C & P, even if they don't offer it. The Sheraton Park does not offer C & P. I know the Sheraton is close to the Convention center so maybe that is filling them up.

Thanks.
    EM EYE SEE KAY EE WHY EM OH YOU ES EE

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

If the rain stops this weekend, will it get really busy?

Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 67891011121934 ... LastLast