Getting in the park consistency?

So Ive seem to have been in a bad slump when it comes to timing for getting into the park.

On Sunday morning, we had early entry, decided to walk down to the front gate as we were gonna hit fantasyland, decent size crowd but not too bad, but as we were in line and the gates not opened yet, the monorail flew over with people on board.

So come Monday, having seen the Monorail and figuring we were gonna hit Nemo, get SM fastpasses, Buzz, etc...we decided to take the Monorail, we got there really early to make sure we were on the first tram, we were 5th in line, and got on only to fly over the main gate and people were flowing into the park already and by the time we got down the ramp, the line for Nemo was already in the 25 minute range.

So today, early entry, we decide to head down to the main gate, and this time the line is HUGE, but we were probably 30 back and again, this happened on our last trip, the "secret" gate opens up, so people who were coming up and 50-100 in line now get to skate around and get in before people who were there much longer than they were because again Disney has some gate magically become a morning magic gate?

Then we get in and find out that Adventure and Frontier lands dont open until 8? We did a couple of rides then I went over and stood in line for it to open, man was that a crazy scene. I did get good Indy fast passes, about an hour out, but within 10 minutes of opening that side, the line for Indy in the morning stretched to the Aladdin Theatre/Tiki room exit. Turned out my daughter was still just a smidge to short, so we got to do the parent exchange thing, but made one couple really happy as I was standing there with 2 extra Fast Pass tickets that I gave them.

Which by the way, at what point are we gonna start to see people scalping Fast Pass tickets? Just kidding....but the thought did cross my mind as I look at a line of 65+ minutes and a fast pass line longer than the line for the Jungle Cruise.

One other question: When I was waiting to get into adventureland I noticed that main street was blocked off about the Carnation with a rope across and mobs of people waiting, this was about 7:50AM, what was that about?

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Re: Getting in the park consistency?

People waiting: You were inside the park because you had magic morning priveleges.

Disney lets their average guests in sometimes a half hour early into the park for Main Street shopping. Most guests just seem to crowd up against the boundary rope until Disneyland is officially open. This is called the "rope drop".

Sorry for your bad luck, it happens to all of us, even at Disneyland.

And as for the fastpass thing, I once saw a man flash a $20 bill to the CM at the fastpass entrance. This must have been somebody really unfammiliar with the parks, since there is another CM at the temple to collect the actual FP. (the cm never let him through btw).

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by passholder View Post
    So Ive seem to have been in a bad slump when it comes to timing for getting into the park.

On Sunday morning, we had early entry, decided to walk down to the front gate as we were gonna hit fantasyland, decent size crowd but not too bad, but as we were in line and the gates not opened yet, the monorail flew over with people on board.

So come Monday, having seen the Monorail and figuring we were gonna hit Nemo, get SM fastpasses, Buzz, etc...we decided to take the Monorail, we got there really early to make sure we were on the first tram, we were 5th in line, and got on only to fly over the main gate and people were flowing into the park already and by the time we got down the ramp, the line for Nemo was already in the 25 minute range.

So today, early entry, we decide to head down to the main gate, and this time the line is HUGE, but we were probably 30 back and again, this happened on our last trip, the "secret" gate opens up, so people who were coming up and 50-100 in line now get to skate around and get in before people who were there much longer than they were because again Disney has some gate magically become a morning magic gate?

Then we get in and find out that Adventure and Frontier lands dont open until 8? We did a couple of rides then I went over and stood in line for it to open, man was that a crazy scene. I did get good Indy fast passes, about an hour out, but within 10 minutes of opening that side, the line for Indy in the morning stretched to the Aladdin Theatre/Tiki room exit. Turned out my daughter was still just a smidge to short, so we got to do the parent exchange thing, but made one couple really happy as I was standing there with 2 extra Fast Pass tickets that I gave them.

Which by the way, at what point are we gonna start to see people scalping Fast Pass tickets? Just kidding....but the thought did cross my mind as I look at a line of 65+ minutes and a fast pass line longer than the line for the Jungle Cruise.

One other question: When I was waiting to get into adventureland I noticed that main street was blocked off about the Carnation with a rope across and mobs of people waiting, this was about 7:50AM, what was that about?

If the park opens at 8 a.m.
    that line would be holding ppl back until then (that's what it use to be for).
    If you in the park prior to opening you are Magic Morning or eating at Plazza Inn (someone correct me if I'm wrong on Plaza Inn).

As far as the rest of your post.
    I think you not happy with the lines?
    If so, get use to it. It's Christmas Time. The next two weeks will be really busy.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Its not necessarily the lines, just want to see more consistency from a place like Disneyland for those who get out of bed early and get their place in line. I know its on a much larger scale, but take the checkout line at your local market, if another checker opens up, they will go and pull out of those who are already waiting, not let people who walk up just go right there. We did have morning magic, staying at the DL hotel.

Not to have some gate randomly change from exit to magic morning one day but not the next or have the monorail early one morning but late the other?

The crowds I expect, though this seems more crowded than normal. Weve been coming down around the holidays since Christmas 2006, that year we came down this weekend before, the next year we did New Years day through the 4th, last year it was 23-27th and spent Christmas at the park, but this year seems much more crowded than all of those.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by passholder View Post
    Its not necessarily the lines, just want to see more consistency from a place like Disneyland for those who get out of bed early and get their place in line. I know its on a much larger scale, but take the checkout line at your local market, if another checker opens up, they will go and pull out of those who are already waiting, not let people who walk up just go right there. We did have morning magic, staying at the DL hotel.

Not to have some gate randomly change from exit to magic morning one day but not the next or have the monorail early one morning but late the other?

The crowds I expect, though this seems more crowded than normal. Weve been coming down around the holidays since Christmas 2006, that year we came down this weekend before, the next year we did New Years day through the 4th, last year it was 23-27th and spent Christmas at the park, but this year seems much more crowded than all of those.
    The HM 40th was just as bad (maybe worse).
    We were told one thing
    and then it was switched last minute (w/ no apologies).
    Makes you mad when you pay for a party that is already over priced.
    They maybe be able to control crowds, but when it comes to opening new lines/gates....it seems to be consistent.... every man for himself.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

They often let people in the gate to wait there for rope drop. You can wait in the Kodak photo center and when they drop the rope stroll past ALLL those people. I have done it a few times.
    Janette

Which by the way, at what point are we gonna start to see people scalping Fast Pass tickets?
    One word

Ebay.