Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by imagineer boy
    And if you're curiouse to see what he looked like, here he is:

http://www.image-upload.org//images/at3btD.jpg
    Yes this picture sums up the frustration of all of the Disneyland fans worldwide!!!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by OTownGuy
    Hopefully the new MouseTales has some new stuff to.
    There's a new mouse tales?

• Santa Barbara, CA

The Sammy Glick of Disney.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries
    Seeing the title of this thread on a site operated by Al Lutz was kind of like hearing "FOOD FIGHT!!" and trying to find cover FAST!

Paul Pressler, Well he was TERRIBLE for the parks. Made all the wrong decisions. What is more, he knew nothing of theme park operation and yet ended up running the world's most popular ones! Further any good ideas he might have had were in serious danger of being crushed by Eisner who was all about the dollars on a short term gain basis. Calling him a Sammy Glick is funny, but harsh, and only partially true.

I will say this. The damage done by He and Eisner both is something the parks will be recovering from for years to come.

• The Magics in the details

to my knowledge, micechat (unlike MiceAge) isn't run by Al... unless he has made an unnanounced acquisition. AL?
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

• insufferable know-it-all

Paul Pressler is a great merchandiser. When he left the Stores for the Park, both suffered.

I wish they'd put him back over the stores, but c'est la vie.

Anyway, people are dead because of maintenance decisions and a corporate environment HE was responsible for*. So I don't think he needs to be working for Disney any more.

(*-statement reflects the author's opinion only, as it likely cannot be proven in a court of law and the author doesn't want to be sued for slander even though the author is convinced of the truthfulness of this statement)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Who?

Quote Originally Posted by disneyprincess88
    Who is he and what did he do to Disneyland? It seems that he isn't liked very much! Please Help me Fill in this gap in Disney history!!!

You know a better question was never asked...Pressler was like a bad dream come to life. It seems like the further removed from him we are the better off we are. I liken it to children in a far off future asking...who was Hitler and what did he do to Germany ? If you weren't there you can't understand.
    Last edited by TrojanSkippa; 03-12-2005 at 06:57 PM.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• -Going Retro-

Quote Originally Posted by imagineer boy
    And if you're curiouse to see what he looked like, here he is:

http://www.image-upload.org//images/at3btD.jpg
    Hey a warning next time woudl be nice! That was a nasty pic.

• Minion

Paul Pressler was a evil being created by the evil sorceror known by some as Judge Doom, as a creature of corrosion, in this case, corroding the magic of the parks. When he "left for the Gap" in actuality he became the 10th Ring Wraith and is one of the guardians of the evil floating tower that acts as Eisner and Doom's base and a prison for every lost original character taken away after 1994.

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)

Lightbulb Different Opinions

While I have no personal opinion about Paul and Cynthia, reading these threads has shed some light on things.

A friend of mine who is still a CM at DL told me something very different about Cynthia though. She told me that Cynthia was actually a nice person who did have some ideas about the park. However, whenever Paul would try to get involved whatever the idea was it went to hell in a handbasket on the express chute. (actually she said something worse, but there is something to be said for more publicly appealing idioms on a very public board ).

I'm curious to know where this Jay Rasulo came from. Kudos to him for picking up Matt Ouimet to head DLR. So far so good, but like many skeptics, I'll reserve my cheers and undying praises until I've seen how the park holds up after the 50th celebration. Like Michelle Pfiffer said in Dangerous Minds, "It's harder to keep an A than it is to earn one."
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Closed Account

Paul Pressler and Paradise Pier both have the same acronym, PP. How funny.

• Banned User

Paul Pressler was a parasite that attached to Disneyland and turned it into a ghetto. He has since been removed.

• Hiding from the Sheeple

Paul Pressler was simply not in his element running a theme park. Both he and Cynthia are better off in merchandising and running the Gap. Cynthia was indeed a very nice person, but was better suited to sit in her office and discuss power-point presentations over tea than a hands-on role in the parks. Several members of the Paul and Cynthia regime (such as Mike Griggs) have since abandoned their Vice President titles at Disneyland and moved onto the Gap as well.

Lets give thanks that we have only one remaining holdout (Mary "the butcher" Niven, VP of Food and Beverage) and concentrate our efforts on finding her employment elsewhere. Her attitude (or ego) is no different than Paul Pressler's and we must find a way to get rid of those executives who place themselves and their "legacy" at a higher priority than the park. This woman is a thief and a scam artist who, at Cynthia's request, found her way out of the cafeteria at UCLA and is now royally screwing both cast members and guests at Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyprincess88
    I'm kinda new to the behind the scenes things at Disneyland--In many I've read and heard Paul Pressler is mentioned. Who is he and what did he do to Disneyland? It seems that he isn't liked very much! Please Help me Fill in this gap in Disney history!!!
    he was president of the resort in the late 90's. he came from a merchendise background which means nothing but merch got money for improvment. he was later upgraded to a more executive position then later axed for being stupid

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneynut
    Lets give thanks that we have only one remaining holdout (Mary "the butcher" Niven, VP of Food and Beverage) and concentrate our efforts on finding her employment elsewhere.
    But, but, think about the churros, man!!! She's keeping the churro carts alive!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast