Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Hiding from the Sheeple

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    But, but, think about the churros, man!!! She's keeping the churro carts alive!!!
    You are correct! I never thought of it that way. Sadly, she is not only keeping them alive but covering every square inch of the park with ODV carts. I was very happy to see that Greg Emmer removed the carts from Town Square. I love a good churro, but I would be willing to give them up to see Ms. Niven take her "expertise" to Knotts Berry Farm!
    Last edited by Disneynut; 03-08-2005 at 03:01 PM.

I must say that this was a very informative thread. I didnt know any of this....You learn something new every day.
    Remain Seated Please..... :o

• Santa Barbara, CA

I must say that every time I saw Pressler in an interview he was really nice and very Disney. People that worked for him really loved him. I think whoever said he was out of his realm was right. The Gap is doing good i think. He seemed very zealous and charismatic.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Pressler is the one whos brick is always destroyed in the front of the park

• UnExiled Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    I must say that every time I saw Pressler in an interview he was really nice and very Disney. People that worked for him really loved him. I think whoever said he was out of his realm was right. The Gap is doing good i think. He seemed very zealous and charismatic.
    Pressler is best in an element where the cost of goods sold is known (for the most part), and where more sales means more profit (as long as the price is a profitable one). His major undoing was pushing an item for which the costs are relatively unknown.

• I like Cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Pressler is best in an element where the cost of goods sold is known (for the most part), and where more sales means more profit (as long as the price is a profitable one). His major undoing was pushing an item for which the costs are relatively unknown.
    I agree completely. Contrary to popular belief I don't think Paul was evil, or stupid. He just didn't understand Disneyland. If you don't truly understand something, you shouldn't be in charge of it. He is by all accounts a tremendously talented retailer. He let the maintenance at DL slide, closed rides, added retail in favor of new rides, cut corners on the second gate. I could go on and on. The point is that these tactics make all kinds of sense in the retail world, which is what he knows. They do not translate to running a theme park. (They translate to ruining a theme park)

The ultimate blame is on Eisner. He put Paul in that position and left him there way too long.

Paul Pressler: wrong place, wrong time.
    Michael Eisner: Evil Incarnate.

Quote Originally Posted by s8ntmark
    Pressler is the one whos brick is always destroyed in the front of the park
    I don't suppose Eisner has a brick, does he? I have my eye on a new jackhammer at Home Depot...

Paul Pressler is very charismatic and very smart, but also very selfish. He made choices to improve DLR's bottom line in the short term (cutting maintenance) that ended up hurting its long term health. This was consistant with his personal goals. When things started to go bad at Disney, he jumped ship.

I've noticed many very intellegent people comment that they think Mr. Pressler is a good merchandiser. But I do not think this is true. The Gap is doing well, just like the Disney Stores when he started there, and just like DL when he started there. He only sets short term goals. Wait a few years, I bet GAP will fall apart. The man has no vision.

• UnExiled Minion

And, whenever I read that Eisner forced out all these great people from Disney, and Pressler's name included, I just want to fire off a missive to the author. I never do, though, since it's over and he's gone.
    This is what bothers me about that new book. It's more about everything else except Disneyland's demise.

I think he'll be at GAP a lot longer than you think, Mr Eggz. Vision doesn't seem to be all that necessary at that company. You sell stuff, and you make money. You don't sell, and you don't make money. How much vision is required?

• Minion

And, whenever I read that Eisner forced out all these great people from Disney, and Pressler's name included, I just want to fire off a missive to the author. I never do, though, since it's over and he's gone.
    This is what bothers me about that new book. It's more about everything else except Disneyland's demise.

I think he'll be at GAP a lot longer than you think, Mr Eggz. Vision doesn't seem to be all that necessary at that company. You sell stuff, and you make money. You don't sell, and you don't make money. How much vision is required?
    Well it scares me when they float Pressler's name for the CEO... I think that is the LAST thing you want to send to the CM's and to those of us who love the parks...

I hope he stays with the Gap... Retail suits him... Old Navy needs him... Shop at the Gap, keep Pressler away... :devil:
    Check out my other blog:

• I like Cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Eggz
    I've noticed many very intellegent people comment that they think Mr. Pressler is a good merchandiser. But I do not think this is true. The Gap is doing well, just like the Disney Stores when he started there, and just like DL when he started there. He only sets short term goals. Wait a few years, I bet GAP will fall apart. The man has no vision.
    I don't know, in retail it's all about short term goals. What's hot this season, etc. THere is a lot less infrastructure to worry about compared to a theme park. I tend to think he'll be successful.
    I believe that Eisner did force some folks out, if not directly, then indirectly. I agree that he didn't force Pressler out though.

Not only did Pressler and La Harrissssss break the hearts of Disneyland fans. They were responsible for deaths on the Columbia and Big Thunder Mountain due to their irresponsible maintenance policies.

Consequently, I have not shopped at a Banana Republic, Gap, or Old Navy store since they arrived.

Larry Poppins

• Minion

In the news today, the Gap just posted it's returns... and all though there is a 3 percent improvement in their shareholder returns... Sales are slumping... (We've seen this before right?)

Below are two links for those of you who would like to like to keep track on how BAD a manager he continues to be...

http://www.fool.com/News/mft/2005/mft05022504.htm

http://money.cnn.com/2005/02/23/news...0/Gap/?cnn=yes
    Check out my other blog:

• UnExiled Minion

Hey, Sarah Jessica Parker costs a lot of money.
    I don't do GAP, but I do buy a few $5, 4-July t-shirts at Old Navy every year. I even bought a $5 St Pat's Day shirt.

• Know More Than You Should

Hail Matt Ouimet, the savior of Disneyland!

• Disney Dad & Disney Nuts

Beware of the Evil One ! The Dark Sith Lord of Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by imagineer boy
    Paul Pressler was by far the most notoriouse and evil executive The Walt Disney company has ever hired. He was even worse than Eisner, which is saying alot. He was the President of the Disneyland resort for a few years in the ninties. He made several un needed budget cuts that slashed the resort. Lack of maintenence, paint peeling, and poor quality products all resulted from the budget cuts. ya know how bad the tomorrowland rehab turned out? Yep, all because of his close budgets. Also as a result, the sailing ship columbia was left un maintained for years, and then the wood became so rotten, that on rope snapped and flew into the heads of a few people on the deck, killing them. THis was the first ever Disney caused accident in the history of Disney theme parks. And what does Eisner do? He PROMOTES him to president of all Disney parks in general. All parks suffered under his wrath. And DL suffered even more under the reighn of the mistress of all evil, Cynthia Harrisssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Now he's gone for good working at GAP. Now, the great Matt Ouimet has replaced him and is twice the president Paul Pressler will ever be.
    You speak of the unholy Sith Lord of Disneyland. Darth Presslerous, he was of the mind that people came to Disney Parks for the Merchandise !!!

those silly characters and those ride thingy's were purely secondary attractions in his book.

Take a look at the park today and his wrath can still be seen - He even tried to Kill Indy Jones before it was built. Thankfully the money was already allocated.

Good riddance I say, may not another Disneyland manager stray to the Dark side of the force. I think Eisner was his Father. "this is a fully functioning Death Star"

Hail Matt "Skywalker" Quimet and Greg "Solo" Emmer for restoring order and promise to the universe.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast